Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/197-mechanical-problems-vehicle-issues-fix-forum)
-   -   Roll Bounce! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/197-mechanical-problems-vehicle-issues-fix-forum/374877-roll-bounce.html)

HondaHunny0512 11-27-2018 08:32 AM

Roll Bounce!

Hey hey - so I'm new here but figured I'd give this a go before calling 20 different shops all around town. I have a shitty sense of humor so I'm gonna apologize for that one up front - and the novel - I'm terrible with stories :blablabla:
Aaaaanywho here goes - I have a 2011 Honda Civic LX (black beauty AKA my baby). We recently got about an inch of ice topped with a few inches of snow. My poor black beauty got stuck in the middle of the road in my neighborhood when trying to move it. I (admit-tingly) was an idiot and kept flooring the gas pedal turning wheels all different ways - reverse & drive - went from regular drive, to D3 to 2nd gear - none of it made a difference. So a few friends helped push so it wouldn't be stuck in the middle of the road all night. When driving today I noticed a slight bounce/shake, didn't think anything of it, figured there was still ice on tires or snow or on the road itself. As I keep driving (roads are now clear **for the most part**) the bouncing and shaking continues as if I'm driving down the road in Radiator Springs before Lightening McQueen fixed it . Bounce in the car itself and shake in the wheel that matches the bounce.The higher the speed I go the worse it gets. I thought I may have had a flat tire but nope. No shaking when braking so pretty sure there's no rotor issues. After accelerating to a higher speed then letting off gas it still shakes/bounces even when down to 15mph but gradually lessens as the speed reduces. If I lightly press gas it doesn't start it's roll bounce until about 20mph+.....any thoughts? :help: :5shots:

sdaidoji 11-27-2018 04:21 PM

Re: Roll Bounce!

lift car.
remove wheels.
inspect
otherwise, it's a small gnome that got stuck in between the brakes and the wheel and is screeching with the friction.

ezone 11-27-2018 08:53 PM

Re: Roll Bounce!

Bounce in the car itself and shake in the wheel that matches the bounce.The higher the speed I go the worse it gets.
It's how cold there?
You got how much snow? How much ice?

Snow and/or ice packed in the wheels WILL make horrible shaking happen and it will continue to do so until you either remove the snow/ice buildup from each wheel, or it gets warm enough to melt it out of the wheels.

I (admit-tingly) was an idiot and kept flooring the gas pedal turning wheels all different ways - reverse & drive - went from regular drive, to D3 to 2nd gear -
You can absolutely destroy the transmission by doing this. Literally destroy it, leaving solid steel and aluminum parts and a lake of transmission fluid scattered on the road under the car. Followed by calling a tow truck because it won't move under its own power any longer.