7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Unable to remove egr valve

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marquez760 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unable to remove egr valve

Hey guys so I’ve been having stalling and hesitation on acceleration issues with my civic and I have a p0404 code when my engine light comes on so I took my car to my mechanic hoping he would be able to remove it and it was unsuccessful. One of the nuts wont come off and it looks molded on also it looks as if someone banged on it with a hammer before. I was thinking about trying a egr cleaner spray since I can use it without Removing the egr valve but I’m not sure how effective that will be.
Old 12-20-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: Unable to remove egr valve

Originally Posted by Marquez760
Hey guys so I’ve been having stalling and hesitation on acceleration issues with my civic and I have a p0404 code when my engine light comes on so I took my car to my mechanic hoping he would be able to remove it and it was unsuccessful. One of the nuts wont come off and it looks molded on also it looks as if someone banged on it with a hammer before. I was thinking about trying a egr cleaner spray since I can use it without Removing the egr valve but I’m not sure how effective that will be.

Try spraying penetrating lube spray on it such as PB Blaster and leave it on for an hour or so before trying to remove nuts.
Other methods:
Butyl torch to heat (expand) nut. Not sure if using heat in that particular is safe to do..doesn't seem safe anyway..lol
Rotary tool (Dremel) and cut almost through nut in two places and then use a chisel to pop the nut apart without damaging the stud's threads.

and this:

Here's another possibility:

Last edited by Wankenstein; 12-20-2017 at 03:44 PM.