atf change and other tips - Honda Civic Forum

Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-08-2007   #1
Registered!!

shiftlessguy is an unknown quantity at this point
atf change and other tips

Wow I changed my trans fluid what a difference!Any how after you've loosened your drain plug get a piece of tin foil and wedge it between the suspension and the trans and make a V in it and hold it there till the trans fluid is almost done draining.This will direct the trans fluid to the pan better.Then you don't have trans fluid dripping all over stuff.Also on other vehicles I've done this for replacing the trans fluid.First drain the pan,put new fluid in then pull off one of the trans cooling lines and direct ti to a bucket (you may have to get a piece of hose of the rite size)It takes 2 people to do this.Start your car and when fluid starts coming out start dumping in new fluid till all the old stuff comes out clean.Make sure you have about 9 qts. opened all ready so you can fill fast.Also for us people that have to drive our cars in the winter put plastic Mylar on your headlites.I've noticed that after a few years of sandblasting the lenses get dull and won't let lite thru as good.
shiftlessguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007   #2
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftlessguy View Post
Also for us people that have to drive our cars in the winter put plastic Mylar on your headlites.I've noticed that after a few years of sandblasting the lenses get dull and won't let lite thru as good.

Nice write up But also walmart sells a headlight cleaner kinda thing thats like something you put on a drill, that buffs your headlight, and makes it clear as i'll get out for just $10. I would recommend this first then the mylar.
LT2004ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #3
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
I'd never put anything from walmart on my car. The people that work for the suppliers of walmart are getting paid dimes, their morals are low, and therfore so is their work ethic- why would u put quality time and effort into products for a company that doesnt pay u anything... u wouldnt.

But hey, thats just the biz major in me talking.

I didnt know what mylar was so I looked it up. "During the 1960s cellophane gave way steadily to Mylar® with its superior strength, heat resistance, and excellent insulating properties." That about sums it up, its a film. Good tip. I just put new (aftermarket) headlights on and I def dont want them getting messed up like my buddys neon (which happens to be the same year-ahaha)

anyways, thanks for this tidbit man
TRIZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #4
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIZ View Post
I'd never put anything from walmart on my car. The people that work for the suppliers of walmart are getting paid dimes, their morals are low, and therfore so is their work ethic- why would u put quality time and effort into products for a company that doesnt pay u anything... u wouldnt.

But hey, thats just the biz major in me talking.

I didnt know what mylar was so I looked it up. "During the 1960s cellophane gave way steadily to Mylar® with its superior strength, heat resistance, and excellent insulating properties." That about sums it up, its a film. Good tip. I just put new (aftermarket) headlights on and I def dont want them getting messed up like my buddys neon (which happens to be the same year-ahaha)

anyways, thanks for this tidbit man
awww.... this stuff works like magic tho...also they have cheap meguiars gold class products
LT2004ever is offline   Reply With Quote