Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

DIY: blue glow needles!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Um, aren't your gauges white already like this? The pic is a stock 03-04 sedan cluster.

Old 09-24-2004
Bush fu(king party,mother fu(king hand job.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Teh_Sare is a name known to allTeh_Sare is a name known to allTeh_Sare is a name known to allTeh_Sare is a name known to allTeh_Sare is a name known to allTeh_Sare is a name known to allTeh_Sare is a name known to all
hm...no mines for the white gauges with a green light...like a faded green. its not nice lookin. mines a 03 sedan DX.and that looks nothing like mine...
hold on ima grab a pic

Last edited by Sare; 09-24-2004 at 08:57 PM.
Old 09-24-2004
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Oh okay. Those are the same exact gauges my 02 sedan came with except mph. Yup I know the color. You can follow my diy to clear off the green filter with acetone. Be extremely careful tho and go slow. That's how I messed up mine and had to buy the 01 for the face. The cheapest way to go would be to clear the back of the gauges, put red bulb condoms on the five backlight bulbs, and that's it if you like red. The other dash lights can easily be changed to match using red tail light repair tape as a filter. Or you could not change anything and take off every filter. It will be the natural bulb amber color. I had that once and it looked pretty good. But I like blue better

Let me know if you have questions. The only way to do white would be with leds, and it may not look good. EL cable in white is better maybe, but alot more money. I had my dash all red for a few days and it came out good. That's the easiest color to change them to. Blue will be ALOT more work and money.

Last edited by gearbox; 09-24-2004 at 09:53 PM.
Old 12-08-2004
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
Omg Thats Just Too Insane For Me To Even Try And Im An Accomplished Mechanic..besides The 05 Cluster On My Si Is Very Very Sweet
Old 12-08-2004
Premium Member

Si has the all red right? Those are cool already. It's just mine was soo boring with that green yellow. At least coupes have red. But yeah, this was a really extreme mod, prolly the most involved I've done, and I didn't know much starting out.
Old 01-01-2005
Registered!!

socalcivic02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Gearbox, i noticed on your posting (#74) you have a blue odometer, how did you do that
Old 01-01-2005
Premium Member

No I don't. I actually just unplugged the odometer light. I tried but it just wasn't looking good. You have to keep that screen on there to spread the light or it will look funny shining through the lcd. I broke that piece tryin to remove and get the paint off. Some have put a piece of paper behind it instead and used leds to light it up blue. Maybe that might work, but I like the look without it lighting up.
Old 08-03-2005
SuperCharged

RMBertasi is an unknown quantity at this point
Love the gauges they look so clean
Old 08-03-2005
Premium Member

Thanks actually the EL backlight broke already. Stupid cheap streetglow. So I'm gettin some white face indiglo gauges. Needles are still holding up.
Old 08-03-2005
Registered!!

AlienX will become famous soon enough
LEDs-4-Life :P
thats the prob w/EL, you should put the indiglo guages on the back side, not overlay them. should give u the same effect as u had b4. Just an idea... hehe a smart1 at that.
Old 08-03-2005
Premium Member

well no cause the numbers are black and the rest of the gauge glows for the indiglo. It would work if I got whole sheets and tried to custom wire them, but I'm too lazy for that stuff anymore.
Old 08-03-2005
Bush fu(king party,mother fu(king hand job.

Teh_Sare is a name known to allTeh_Sare is a name known to allTeh_Sare is a name known to allTeh_Sare is a name known to allTeh_Sare is a name known to allTeh_Sare is a name known to allTeh_Sare is a name known to all
n/m wrong thread

Last edited by Sare; 08-03-2005 at 08:31 PM.
Old 08-03-2005
Registered!!

AlienX will become famous soon enough
swapping the pins isnt hard, there is a diy somewhere.
dealer or somewhere will have to reflash ur odo for correct mileage.
did u check ebay? u will prob have to live w/a MPH guage also
www.car-part.com has a salvage yard search for ON and u might be able to find the cluster for cheaper.

If anyone has the plastic cover for a cluster for sale, i will buy!! bass cracked mine in 3 places thx
Old 12-22-2009
Registered!!

iam.alnz is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: DIY: blue glow needles!

Hello guys.... Mine is honda civic 2005, last of the dimension body. My problem is the RPM dial light is not working..(my car was flooded.sigh) Do you know if I can remove the needle and dial to replace the LED? If yes, How? Will I just pull out the needle up? I have tried to but not so hard enough bec I was afraid I might break the needle. Please help...anyone? Thank you guys.
Old 12-22-2009
Registered!!

stupidd is on a distinguished road

Way to dig 4 years into the past. This is like a recurring nightmare
Old 01-10-2011
Premium Member

pictures are back!
Old 05-26-2016
Registered!!

1HGEM2CIVIC is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice, you did this mod when the car was still so new that el lighting was a great idea
Old 10-16-2017
Banned

user 73921 is an unknown quantity at this point

I replaced all my lights in my guage cluster in my Ranger with LEDS, bought them off superbrightleds.com. Just plugged them right in no splicing or anything.

Thinking about doing the same with my civic. From this thread it says i will need 6 74's for the complete cluster?

This is the cluster from my Ranger

You can see where the LEDS were installed because of the hotter spots but if you can get over that; no problems.

Last edited by user 73921; 10-16-2017 at 02:09 PM.