2003 Honda Civic Si - Headlight Issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
m86x is an unknown quantity at this point
2003 Honda Civic Si - Headlight Issues

Hello Everyone,

I'm hoping someone can give me some insight on what's going on with my 2003 Honda Civic Si 1.7L.

One of my DRL lights is dimmer than the other. This started after I changed the headlight connector on the passenger side. I asked Honda to take a look at my work, they said nothing was wrong and they'd have to look at the DRL module. I re-soldered the DRL module and issue persists.

Also, sometimes my high beam dashboard light is on, even though the high beams are not switched on, and the driver side head light is out. Then randomly the high beam light on the dashboard will turn off and my headlight will come back on.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!
Old 12-02-2017
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2003 Honda Civic Si - Headlight Issues

Did you try replacing the bulb? I would replace both of them.
Old 12-03-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
m86x is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: 2003 Honda Civic Si - Headlight Issues

I bought replacement headlights today, but when I popped the hood, I saw the driver side headlight connector was in bad shape. A part of it had melted. So, I fixed the connector, then I changed the bulbs on both headlights.

I started the car and the high beam dashboard light is no longer on. So that part is fixed .

But my DRL's are still acting funny. The passenger side headlight is still dimmer than the driver side. I re-soldered the board, and changed fuse #3: 10A and fuse #12: 7.5A under the dashboard.

Still no luck.

Any other ideas?

Last edited by m86x; 12-03-2017 at 10:43 PM.