Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Commence Motorbuild... DYNO GRAPH (PAGE 12)

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Commence Motorbuild... DYNO GRAPH (PAGE 12)

Hallo, my name Boiler, from great state of Virginia. This is my motor. It greatest motor in all of Virginia. In my state, we build our own motors...

These are my weapons.... they make boom time

This is my ECU... my neighbor Edwin has piggyback ECU. Everyone know piggyback ECU is for little girls!

Oh yeah.... and the teaser....

The standard deal...
75.5mm 9:1 Wisecos
Crower Rods
CP Rings
OE Bearings & Gaskets
Crower S2 Cam
Crower VS&R
Supertech Black Nitrided valves
3 angle valve job
Hondata Doom Box
GM boost solenoid
AEM 3.5 bar map sensor
For best results, add more boost.
Old 04-28-2007
Pwning Noobs 24/7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really nice
Re: Commence Motorbuild

mMmMm Hondata makes me happy in pants
Old 04-28-2007
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

thats gonna be nice
Old 04-28-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold

Should be VERY fun. Congrats Boiler. About time you stepped up the plate.
Old 04-28-2007
Registered!!

r88p is an unknown quantity at this point

looks like its gonna be a great time. hey boiler... you dont happen to go to purdue do you?
Old 04-28-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

^^^ I did. BSME 05.
Old 04-28-2007
Registered!!

r88p is an unknown quantity at this point

oh sweet... i got there now... my major's aero tho. boiler up!
Old 04-28-2007
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Ha, very nice. Cant wait to see the dyno. Maybe that valve cover wont look so funky after all! Congrats man, time to get it in!
Old 04-28-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

thats a huge fish tank in the background! can i have it!?
Old 04-28-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

Phat dude. I think it'll be bitchin with everything you've got runnin. I wish I could do an install like that. Only problem is I don't have anywhere to store the motor for a long period of time. Keep it up.
Old 04-28-2007
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light

Neither does he, its in his closet. Hahaha. Once you are dead set on a mission, you find ways of making things happen no matter what. GL Boiler, its gonna be sweet. I am gonna try to weld up your stuff tomorrow btw.
Old 04-28-2007
Official Wish He Knew It All

HyeHonda05 will become famous soon enough

sick....cant wait to see some dyno sheets...maybe some vids too???
Old 04-28-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 05-04-2007 at 06:35 PM.
Old 04-29-2007
Registered!!

DaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of light

hey see you got the kpro too.can you take some close up pics from the front
and back.Do ya see special timing teath?
Nice work btw cant wait to see results.

thx
Old 04-29-2007
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute

looking good Boiler! Keep up the nice work!
Old 04-29-2007
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold

Lookin good, but why the red paint?
Old 04-29-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Its not red. Its Hemi Orange... and its a personal trademark and a throwback to these
Old 04-29-2007
Registered!!

Vexorg is an unknown quantity at this point

lol u carried that thing all the way into your room
Old 04-29-2007
Registered!!

stepchild is an unknown quantity at this point

Sweet 6 lb. 8 oz. baby Jesus!!!!!
Old 04-29-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
Its not red. Its Hemi Orange... and its a personal trademark and a throwback to these

A black would have been better for heat dissipation reasons
Old 04-29-2007
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

Subscribed.
Old 04-29-2007
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute

soon.. but cant wait to see... looks nice
Old 04-29-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

More progress....
Rods in

Crank Bridge on...

Pumps on...
Old 04-29-2007
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dezod

A black would have been better for heat dissipation reasons
but against black it's harder to tell what, god forbid, fluid is leaking.
Old 04-29-2007
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light

I hate painting blocks black just for that reason. Leaks are harder to spot. Technically I think if you paint any aluminum block, you'd hinder heat dissipation seeing as the paint would insulate the block. If you have an adequate colling system it shouldnt even be an issue anyway. I actually think it will look cool.
Old 04-30-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by 02fpcivic
I hate painting blocks black just for that reason. Leaks are harder to spot. Technically I think if you paint any aluminum block, you'd hinder heat dissipation seeing as the paint would insulate the block. If you have an adequate colling system it shouldnt even be an issue anyway. I actually think it will look cool.
Correct. I don't like the concept at all
Old 05-05-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Well... I got head.

Then after curing a minor whoopsie that was a pain in the *** to fix (I realized when I got the head back the pistons were 180 degrees off.... had punch the rods and pistons back out, flip the piston over on the rod then put the bottom end back together. Major pain.) For future reference, the narrow valve reliefs are for the INTAKE, and the wide ones are for the EXHAUST.

Now its ready to rock

It got head

TDCed and Belted

Ladies and Gentlemen.... Its built. Just the minor things left to close up... the water block, the accessories, etc... then its ready to drop in the car and cause some serious surprises.

For anyone who asks.... I have absolutely no clue how much it cost me, I bought stuff over a period of time, and I have no idea exactly what it all cost, so I'm going to guess the head parts (cam, VS&R, valves and studs) was about $1000, the bottom end parts were another $1100, I do know I spent about $850 at Majestic Honda and it was another $713 in machining costs (bore/hone, deck, 3 angle VJ, new exhaust seals, head cleanup, install valvetrain). I think I spent about $250 on various specialty tools and ****. Beyond that, I dont remember.
For anyone who tries it, the nickel and diming is the same as turbocharging. The little stuff adds up. Honda bearings are around $6 for mains, of which you need 10, and around $5 for rods (of which you need 8), I think I bought almost $180 in gaskets and seals, then there's some sensors and **** you may as well pick up because they're a pain to install once its together, etc.... **** adds up. Make sure you account for this before you start and run out of money.

The thank yous.... (if I forget, I'll think of it later)
Andy ... for answering my stupid questions
Gerry ... for building me top notch **** and answering stupid questions
Edwin ... future thanks for letting me use the shop
Adam (who isn't on this forum) ... for D-series knowledge and building help
Visa ... for funding the whole thing
Old 05-05-2007
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks great, man. NP on the help, you know I'm around and you have my number. Again, glad you found that things weren't straight before you cranked it. You know, better to do a little more work at no cost now than to blow **** up and spend all that money over again. Congrats, can't wait to see how it performs. You may have mentioned, what cam are you running? Stage II, right?
Old 05-05-2007
Registered!!

D16Z6_owner is an unknown quantity at this point

is that a d16? sorry if i missed it somewhere up there? have anything in mind for the tranny?
Old 05-05-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Originally Posted by andyman97
Stage II, right?
Yep.

Quick Reply: Commence Motorbuild... DYNO GRAPH (PAGE 12)