Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Commence Motorbuild... DYNO GRAPH (PAGE 12)

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Commence Motorbuild

Damn looks great man, I wanna see it in the car now! lol Really can't wait to see this thing finished.
Old 05-08-2007
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light

good luck! hope it produces good numbers!
Old 05-08-2007
Diamond Member

Boggie1688 is an unknown quantity at this point

I wanna see how this turns out!
Old 05-08-2007
Registered!!

paradoxblue will become famous soon enough

so this is a d16 going into a 7thgen? or what year?

sweet. looks nice. i really wish i knew enough about engines to build one over time maybe when i get moved again ill try
Old 05-08-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

Ha ha, he thanked visa. that sounds like something I would do. Seriously Like I could never afford half that ish on my own.
Old 05-08-2007
Registered!!

tougEMII has a spectacular aura abouttougEMII has a spectacular aura about

weeeeeew subscribed
Old 05-08-2007
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

d17a2

I don't even get a shoutout...thanks...geez...no more working on your car at my house!! bastard
Old 05-08-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

Fine.
I would also like to thank Rob, because he asked me to, and because he lets me work on stuff at his house, and he's letting me take the turbo off there this sunday.

Final pic.... all closed up
Old 05-09-2007
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

Damn. That is one snazzy engine.

I'm only going to be impressed if you paint the interior of the engine bay, subframe and all, to match.

(I spy with my little eye an unpainted head...)
Old 05-09-2007
Registered!!

D16Z6_owner is an unknown quantity at this point

****in awesome i hope it tears some new ones. nice valve cover too
Old 05-09-2007
Registered!!

cleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trusted

nice but one thing you might want ti add one more strip by the timing belt
Old 05-09-2007
Registered!!

gsniper666 has a spectacular aura aboutgsniper666 has a spectacular aura aboutgsniper666 has a spectacular aura about

lookin good... like the old muscle car orange... same color as the tranny on mt 79 454 corvette.... bringin it back.... good luck with everything.,.... subscribed
Old 05-09-2007
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light

That valve cover rocks. You need a little emblem on there that says the same as your sig, haha. Thumbs up!
Old 05-11-2007
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future

dam man! looks very nice! im almost done with buying my parts, all my internals are stilling in my room, im just buying the parts that cool the car now, plus i still need ems.
Old 05-13-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

This is a hell of a lot easier to lay out when its off the car....

Snazzy water return

Oil return... the DP makes this fun, but I moved the fitting on the pan over about an inch... this one is much better than last time.

Yes, thats my same old turbo... I took it off to make the swap go a little easier.... my car is slow as hell right now.
Old 05-13-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
junior h.m is an unknown quantity at this point

****ing a-hole i wash had money to drop in like that quick in a motor build

wait im getting a k-series

so i guess its pretty awesome

good job man but your missing a stripe on the right lower side
i love it its hawt
Old 05-14-2007
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future

sweet man! whens it going in?
Old 05-14-2007
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light

I am actually starting my build today as well, Final ****ing ly.
Old 05-14-2007
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of

GRRREAT MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-14-2007
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, someone's got way too much time on their hands, lol. Have you decided what day you're putting it in? Saturday, prolly, huh?
Old 05-14-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Still working out the details. Nothing is set in stone yet other than "this weekend."
Old 05-14-2007
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by andyman97
Wow, someone's got way too much time on their hands, lol. Have you decided what day you're putting it in? Saturday, prolly, huh?
If your commenting on the photo chop it took no more than 5 minutes.
Old 05-14-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

I love how you do all this **** in your damn closet. Come out of it man! Its 2007 for cryin' out loud! No one on this forum will think any less of you once you come out of the closet.

+1 man, great stuff.
Old 05-14-2007
Abortion Survivor

Originally Posted by PunkingCivic
GRRREAT MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahahahahha ****ing LMAO dude that was hilarious, +1 for creativity.
Old 05-18-2007
spell check pwns you

tuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud of

nice build. what numbers are you expecting with this build.
Old 05-19-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Update time.... The motor is in the car, it needs a couple minor more things and it'll fire up, but so far so good. The motor shoulda started today, but we filled the thing with water and found a leaky o-ring in a very PITA spot.... took around an hour to change it.

Huge thanks to the guys at the Rockville Md National Tire and Battery for letting us do the swap there. I really cant thank em enough, and to all guys who were there helping out.... many hands made it go pretty quick.

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 05-19-2007 at 08:56 PM.
Old 05-19-2007
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Get the bolts? I'm hoping to be in around 3-5 sometime, depending on when I get up, yada yada. I'll hit you up tho.
Old 05-19-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Yeah, Lowes had some that would work....
Old 05-19-2007
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light

Nice man, always on the ball getting stuff done. It takes a lot more than most people realize to make things happen, its a big accomplishment for sure. I can't wait to see how everything turns out for ya.
Old 05-20-2007
Registered!!

tougEMII has a spectacular aura abouttougEMII has a spectacular aura about

its a race car. u dont want to do a wire tuck. wire tuck = show. u would understand when u have an electrical problem and ud have to get to the wires.

Quick Reply: Commence Motorbuild... DYNO GRAPH (PAGE 12)