Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Commence Motorbuild... DYNO GRAPH (PAGE 12)

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Commence Motorbuild... ITS ALIVE!!! (Page 5)

bootcamp requires a very specific version of XP which I dont have and cant seem to find. I gotta look at that virtual PC thing... dont know what version it needs.
Old 06-06-2007
CIVIC USER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trusted

Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
Well, I'm glad its there, but I need to figure out whats going on. I dont have a laptop that can get me into Kpro (I have a mac), so I gotta borrow one and run it with the datalogger on...
IBM > MAC , anyways, Boilermaker, cant wait to hear all the kinks are out of the system, goodluck and keep posting.
Old 06-06-2007
Registered!!

Boggie6868 should not be trusted

I thought the newer macs with the intel cpus can boot into windows now. Whatever happened to that? If not virtual pc is by far your best bet. Its been around for awhile ... actually the first time I heard of it was in 7thgrade and that was err....8 years ago.
Old 06-06-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

I have an Intel Mac, but I dont have an XP disc with SP2 on it, which is what you need for bootcamp to run, and it explicitly says you cannot install XP and upgrade it once running, hence I cant use bootcamp. I'm not up on all the computer stuff.... to me it surfs the internet, does my school work, plays music and other average computer tasks. Beyond that, I usually have to ask someone about it.
Old 06-06-2007
Registered!!

Boggie6868 should not be trusted

Im sure you could find an iso copy of windows xp sp2 on the internet....pm me if you need help.
Old 06-06-2007
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

You can download anything on the net. Torrents are your friend.
Old 06-07-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

You don't need to do any of that. You can slipstream a Windows XP SP2 install, with your current copy of Windows XP. Its 100% legit and all you need to do is download the full SP2 file from the windows site and follow some instructions. Very easy to do. Check your PM.
Old 06-07-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all

Sooo...back to the motor...any new news on it? lol
Old 06-07-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah seriously, if I wanted to talk about computers I would.......post in the off topic forum? Heh heh jk whatever. What's up with that motor!
Old 06-07-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Its still running, and the car is fast. Thats about the most scientific the news is gonna get this week.
Old 06-07-2007
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light

I have an Intel Mac, but I dont have an XP disc with SP2 on it, which is what you need for bootcamp to run, and it explicitly says you cannot install XP and upgrade it once running, hence I cant use bootcamp. I'm not up on all the computer stuff.... to me it surfs the internet, does my school work, plays music and other average computer tasks. Beyond that, I usually have to ask someone about it.
hey are you in college by chance or know someone who is?? I just bought my windows xp service pack 2.. for 5 bucks from the student bookstore... thats just a thought...
Old 06-12-2007
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice

slipsteam is the best method like speedfoos said. it just basically ghosts/images your system with all the drivers of your choice. you can edit it so they will upload your mac drivers instead of your PC drivers.
Old 06-13-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

236.7 HP @6870
187.3 ft/lb @4794

12 PSI running to 7200.

I'll post the graph when I get home and can scan it.

And for the record.... wastegate only on emanage with the old setup (9.5:1 compression) I made 178HP. New setup (9:1) on Kpro.... made 183 on the wastegate.... just for people's reference, the ECU helps.

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 06-13-2007 at 03:06 PM.
Old 06-13-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Its a T25 frame turbo, its not a T3/T4.... it wasnt gonna put down 300, I doubt the turbo even has enough breath to do it. It pretty much put down what I figured it would, its got a huge fat powerband and I'm pretty happy with it. The car was never built to make a top end number.
Old 06-13-2007
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light

Nice boiler. Thats enough motor to move that car along quite nicely, esp. in the twistys. That setup should be rock solid too. Many people fail to realize that its not about numbers and figures, its about real world use and longevity. You know better than anyone else what you need for power and where you need it. Most of the people that knock on dyno numbers on forums have never done anything for themselves or even been in a truely fast import, hehe. I think its pretty sweet that you dropped compression and made more power than before. I hope the manifold contributed somewhat, hehe. Where your at now is pretty much optimal for street and road course driving IMO. Too much more and you'll be dealing with tire spin and torque steer anyways.
Old 06-13-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Top line is 12 psi
Bottom line is the wastegate.
Old 06-13-2007
Registered!!

cato1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

nice....
Old 06-14-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all
Re: Commence Motorbuild... DYNO GRAPH (PAGE 12)

wow man.... i think imma add u to the "civic owners you should know" thread
Old 06-14-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Great stuff man! Nice smooth curves, very impressive. I look forward to seeing it some day. So. Now that the engine is done. What next?
Old 06-14-2007
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Pretty cool. Time to bring it out for auto x.
Old 06-14-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Originally Posted by speedfoos
Great stuff man! Nice smooth curves, very impressive. I look forward to seeing it some day. So. Now that the engine is done. What next?
Beat the hell out of it.
Old 06-14-2007
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute

so, good things do come out of closet...
Old 06-14-2007
Registered!!

2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice

clean *** curves!
Old 06-14-2007
Registered!!

soldierboi will become famous soon enoughsoldierboi will become famous soon enough

^lol
Old 06-14-2007
Registered!!

Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about

hey Boiler, are you still auto crossing with car, or are you going to be doing road racing now? i dont auto cross, but i thought slapping a turbo onto your car will bump you up in class (if you're still doing it).
Old 06-14-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Originally Posted by Da1lyDr1ver
hey Boiler, are you still auto crossing with car, or are you going to be doing road racing now? i dont auto cross, but i thought slapping a turbo onto your car will bump you up in class (if you're still doing it).

boosting a motor will bump you up, building a motor will bump you up more. But I just dont care. the DC region of the SCCA is no fun, there's so many cars its like a factory, not just hanging out and racing, so its pointless to me. I've also gotten into open tracking more because to me its a lot more fun, and its more time on the track.
Old 06-14-2007
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light

Good numbers! and how does it feel?
Old 06-14-2007
Registered!!

Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about

boosting a motor will bump you up, building a motor will bump you up more. But I just dont care. the DC region of the SCCA is no fun, there's so many cars its like a factory, not just hanging out and racing, so its pointless to me. I've also gotten into open tracking more because to me its a lot more fun, and its more time on the track.

sounds good. i do open track myself. i cant say i'm a great driver or anything, but the thing thats fustrating to me is the lack of power my car has (I/H/E and Crower Stg 1 cam soon). i'm usually in the novice/intermediate class, and i know my driving skill level can match if not exceed many of the drivers in my group. however, many of them have Evos, STIs, RSX-S, etc. that are faster, so theres just no way i can keep up.

quick question: if building a motor/turboing bumps you up in class for auto-x, how do the officials actually find out? i mean, if you got internals for your car, will they actually crack open the motor and check or what?
Old 06-14-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Well, someone can protest it, at which point you might find yourself taking the car apart on the spot.... at a local level, probably not gonna make a stink about it unless you're blowing everyone away, but most guys have the courtesy to everyone else not to cheat.
Old 06-14-2007
Registered!!

EJOman is on a distinguished road

very nice numbers...I wish that I had the finances to do something like that. I would love to do some racing!
Goodluck to ya, and try and keep her out of the shop.

Quick Reply: Commence Motorbuild... DYNO GRAPH (PAGE 12)