Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!
View Poll Results: Will this matter?
A nice sized T25/T28 like TSI at a similar pice will matter.
29.36%
It will not matter.
2.75%
Leave the kit as it is, just lower the price.
63.30%
Other: Please post what and why...
4.59%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: D17 Stuff **future boosters, please enter**

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i thought you need to adjust the injector duty cycle with the emanage? the vafc is very simple, just add/subtract fuel at a certain rpm.
Old 11-19-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by gearbox
i thought you need to adjust the injector duty cycle with the emanage? the vafc is very simple, just add/subtract fuel at a certain rpm.
The simplicty is what kills that unit.
Old 11-19-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Logan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by dezod
The simplicty is what kills that unit.
Please explain
Old 11-19-2005
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by DIZZLE
Please explain
E-manage can be tuned off boost, which is far more valuable than tuning off RPM or load.
Old 11-21-2005
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
how goes the "ghetto-turbo" kit fab??

:waiting patiently:

AARRRGGHHHH!!!!! the suspense is killing me!!!
Old 11-22-2005
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light
that was a very interesting 9 pages to read
Old 11-22-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by D5cIvIc
that was a very interesting 9 pages to read
Wasn't it?

Originally Posted by tuningmycivic
how goes the "ghetto-turbo" kit fab??

:waiting patiently:

AARRRGGHHHH!!!!! the suspense is killing me!!!
Haven't purchased anything yet. Trying to get some tC turbo kits out the door first.
Old 11-22-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
hey dezod, if i get a bare emanage (no harness) and then get your pnp harness, i just plug it all in and i'm good to go?
Old 11-22-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by gearbox
hey dezod, if i get a bare emanage (no harness) and then get your pnp harness, i just plug it all in and i'm good to go?
Yes sir!
Old 11-22-2005
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light
so is there any approximate time that this will be done by? i would love to turbo my auto, only if it lacks the TLC and problems that arises out of most turbo kits. I just want a turbo, but without the problems that come with it, head gaskets blowing and etc. is that even possible to do?
Old 11-22-2005
Premium Member

dezod you are the man!

if you run low boost and tune the car right, there should be no worry about headgasket failing. I need to swap my head to a stock one sometime before turbo, so i'll make an easy diy in case anyone needs to. i have an auto too. you definately need a tranny cooler. And i would definately run ONLY copper plugs with a turbo (and one step colder plug than stock). other than that i would say step up maintenance. its easy to change tranny fluid every 10k and oil every 3k. just goto the store and buy a hydraulic jack $20 and two jackstands $20 I do mine in the parking lot its so easy. loosen a bolt and drain the fluid. use common sense. if you beat the car all day long, stuff will break because the car wasn't designed to go fast all the time.
Old 11-22-2005
Registered!!

7thGen_pikil is an unknown quantity at this point
so your not supose to go 120 all the time in the 7thgen??
Old 11-22-2005
Registered!!

7thGen_pikil is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

....joking

although at 120 i still got about 1,200 rpms before redline
Old 11-22-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Anyone who wants to volunteer their car as a guinea pig will get this kit at cost with the condition of a dyno being done too.
Old 11-22-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
Anyone who wants to volunteer their car as a guinea pig will get this kit at cost with the condition of a dyno being done too.
ME!!! i will do it. if you can give me time to find a shop with a dyno i will volunteer. but...pm me on cost price so i can see if i can afford it...or you could sponsor me... i will gladly let my ride become a guinea piggy. just tell me what else i need to get after your kit.
Old 11-22-2005
7thgen Power Maker

PM sent.
Old 11-22-2005

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
PM sent.
hit you back
Old 11-22-2005
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
I will drive down from North Carolina to let you do this....

How long will it take, rough estimate, and when would you need the whip??
Old 11-22-2005

Originally Posted by tuningmycivic
I will drive down from North Carolina to let you do this....

How long will it take, rough estimate, and when would you need the whip??
dude i think he meant that he would send someone the kit and we have to hook it up and get it dynoed ourselves. im still in
Old 11-22-2005
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
i will do it, hands down no questions ill do it. just let me know. i am very serious about this
Old 11-22-2005

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
i think he meant a car to test fit and fab the parts on, not just ship the parts to them and have them dyno it.
Old 11-22-2005

idk let dezod tell us then. either way im down
Old 11-22-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by ncirom2003
i think he meant a car to test fit and fab the parts on, not just ship the parts to them and have them dyno it.
Since we no longer own a 7thgen to build it on.......we would need one to build it on, test fit and then have you dyno it.
Old 11-22-2005
Registered!!

03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light
Since we no longer own a 7thgen to build it on.......we would need one to build it on, test fit and then have you dyno it.
Fine print reads:
....and have car @ Dezod shop for some time....
Old 11-22-2005
Registered!!

nick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to behold
its worth it. i mean car pool to work for a week then get your car back with a turbo at an insane price and now the turbo was made for YOUR car. or save for what feels like forever and end up blowing your turbo fund on a new front end when you wreck a week from finally getting it paid in full.
Old 11-22-2005
Premium Member

yea i forgot the turbo will already be installed when you get it back. man i wish i was in florida I would be driving to dezod headquarters right now.
Old 11-23-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Exactly. You get your car back with a turbo installed for a cheap price.
Old 11-23-2005

well i look at it like this, i have no money for the fund right now, check my sig. but it will be a while before the kit is done. then ill start wondering how im gonna get my ride to florida.
Old 11-23-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Point of curiosity..... internal or external WG, and what are you setting it at?
Old 11-23-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
Point of curiosity..... internal or external WG, and what are you setting it at?
Internal. Going to try to do 5 PSI

Quick Reply: Poll: D17 Stuff **future boosters, please enter**