Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My few interior mods.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
My few interior mods.

A couple new shots of my interior. In the past month, I've swapped to an 05 EX cluster, managed to fubar the install so my hi beam indicator didn't work, and the abs light was on, in my car doesn't have abs. Got both of those issues fixed and managed to trip my abs light by turning on the ignition with the cluster unplugged, to diagnose the hi beam issue. Got the indicator working, and took the cluster apart to put tape over the abs indicator. I would have been concerned about fixing it right, if my car had abs. In the process, reversed my gas gauge, so when you shut the car off, it went right to full. Fixed that, and reset my abs light with the DIY on the first shot. Also hardwired my radar detector, and stuck it above the mirror. Two switches seen are for fogs (didn't like the ebay switch/harness, so i made my own) and for 3 extra outlets for my GPS laptop power supply and fm transmitter. Shift **** is ebay, and may get replaced eventually, and the silver trim on the dash is Honda OEM. Also removed aftermarket tach, since i swapped to cluster with one. Other than needing a good vacuuming/shampooing, what do you guys think of my interior??

Old 11-17-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
metalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nice
Re: My few interior mods.

i have the same switch for my fogs, but y 2?
Old 11-17-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Looks pretty good. Same cluster, same fog light switches.

IMO, the dash kit and the **** dont match.. if it was swapped out for a sliver **** like the type r ****, it'd flow a lot better. Its just a little distracting.

Other then that, looks like a cool civic.
Old 11-17-2007
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

I dont like the **** at all. The rest looks great.
Old 11-17-2007

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TRIZ
Looks pretty good. Same cluster, same fog light switches.

IMO, the dash kit and the **** dont match.. if it was swapped out for a sliver **** like the type r ****, it'd flow a lot better. Its just a little distracting.

Other then that, looks like a cool civic.
actually tried a silver one, and it didn't match the factory silver trim/dash kit, so i gave up and used a black one, to match all the black in the interior. i kinda see your point, but black is the better of the two options. here's a pic of the old ****. nevermind the position of the old tach, it was there so i didn't end up with visible holes when i removed it, as it was only temporary till i got around to swapping clusters.

Originally Posted by metalviper
i have the same switch for my fogs, but y 2?
the second one is for the extra outlets, for laptop, etc. i ran power from the under hood fuse box, fused it inline, goes through the switch, to outlets. That way i can have power with the car off to shut down the laptopt if the battery's dead, etc. outlets may eventually be removed, and switch will be used to control cold cathode lights under dash, etc., as the dx has only a one bulb dome light for interior light.
Old 11-17-2007
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

custom shift ****!!
Old 11-17-2007

yeah, sure, when i finish cleaning up after my roommate, working 60 hours in 5 days this coming week, fixing a couple of my friends' and my sister's computers, swapping my desktop's video card and power supply to my server, and installing a new one of each in my main computer, re-bolting-on the OEM exhaust tip i ripped off on a curb the other night, changing over to my winter wheels, and checking all the bolts on my suspension, i'll see if i can find time to sand down the old **** and match the color up to the dash trim.
Old 11-17-2007
Registered!!

EG06KRS is an unknown quantity at this point

Dude I think it looks really nice. Great job!
Old 11-17-2007
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future

My Ep3 **** looks pretty good with my dash kit...

Your interior looks good either way though
Old 11-17-2007

Originally Posted by 01HonderCivic
My Ep3 **** looks pretty good with my dash kit...

Your interior looks good either way though
thanks. i'll look into the ep3 ****, then. if the price is right, i may pick one up
Old 11-17-2007
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

interior looks good, i like the cluster swap.
Old 11-17-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

invest in a revo. it'll be worth it.
Old 11-17-2007

Originally Posted by HonCiv02
interior looks good, i like the cluster swap.
thanks, rep returned

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
invest in a revo. it'll be worth it.
thinking about it. how difficult to install??
Old 11-17-2007
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future

Pretty much remove center console, unbolt the linkage, unbolt the shifter assembly, and redo for the revo. I'd rate it as faily simple...
Old 11-17-2007
Registered!!

gsniper666 has a spectacular aura aboutgsniper666 has a spectacular aura aboutgsniper666 has a spectacular aura about

haha.. looks good man... keepin it clean is allways the best ay to go.. congrats
Old 11-18-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks really good man. I'll echo on the Revo. I even wrote a DIY on it here. I think you should follow mine because it's better than the other ones. It amazes me how tall your shifter looks compare to a Revo. I'd recommend the RSX stock **** over the EP3. It will match your interior better than the EP3. Unless I'm talking out my *** and the EP3 is silver too!

Here's the Revo and RSX **** in my car.

Old 11-18-2007
Registered!!

cyberphox is an unknown quantity at this point

i have those same switches..and believe it or not..i'm just curious how you drilled a hole in those slots and still got the buttons to stick in?
Old 11-18-2007
Registered!!

icuslipn2 is an unknown quantity at this point

did u install your fog lights yourself, if so could u email me how to instructions i just ordered my fog lights email is icuslipn2@aol.com
Old 11-18-2007
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

handaaccessories.com has info
Old 11-19-2007

Originally Posted by speedfoos
Looks really good man. I'll echo on the Revo. I even wrote a DIY on it here. I think you should follow mine because it's better than the other ones. It amazes me how tall your shifter looks compare to a Revo. I'd recommend the RSX stock **** over the EP3. It will match your interior better than the EP3. Unless I'm talking out my *** and the EP3 is silver too!

Here's the Revo and RSX **** in my car.
That looks really good. I'll keep that in mind. Will prolly be my first mod in the spring. Right now, it's in the 30's here, and getting too cold to be out working on my car.

Originally Posted by cyberphox
i have those same switches..and believe it or not..i'm just curious how you drilled a hole in those slots and still got the buttons to stick in?
I took the blank out, drilled a hole in it big enough to fit the round part on the back of the switch with the contacts through, and then glued the back of the switch to front of the blank to hold it in there. no problem so far.

Originally Posted by icuslipn2
did u install your fog lights yourself, if so could u email me how to instructions i just ordered my fog lights email is icuslipn2@aol.com
it's a bit in depth. i'd have to write a diy, and that's been done already, i think. check around the site, or like gearbox says, h and a has a pdf of the install instructions for dealers. should be about the same even if you get the ebay kit.
Old 11-20-2007
You Stay Classy, San Diego

jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

did u paint ur interior urself?? and factory head unit cmon. All a factory head unit is good for is a paperweight LOL i'd definantly reccomend gettin a different one.
Old 11-21-2007

Originally Posted by jamis33
did u paint ur interior urself?? and factory head unit cmon. All a factory head unit is good for is a paperweight LOL i'd definantly reccomend gettin a different one.
Read the thread, dude. It's not painted, it's the OEM dash trim kit. As far as the head unit, quarters for my job is not in the nicest neighborhood. My last car got broken into and they took a pry bar to the deck. The sound from the stock stereo isn't as bad as some other cars, and leaving the audio stock minimizes the chances of someone smashing out my windows. I'm gonna get some wheel locks, and call it a day. Thieves here aren't into stealing exhausts, etc. They just smash windows and grab anything that looks expensive. I don't keep anything inside my car.
Old 11-21-2007
You Stay Classy, San Diego

jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

good idea i live in a small town so its not too bad but i still wanna get a good alarm just to be safe. I like the alpine head units that flip around wen u turn the car off those are sweet
Old 11-21-2007
Registered!!

pinoyboy_drew is an unknown quantity at this point

damn man looks like u did alot of work on it........completely worth it......its good!!!!