General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Car Purchase Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kevfarr is an unknown quantity at this point
Car Purchase Feedback

I am new to this forum and appreciate any feedback to my questions. I reside in London, Ontario, Canada. I am looking at buying a 2009 Honda Civic DX-G (1.8L). It has 200,000 KMS (120,000 miles) on it and the dealership is asking $5995 for it, which includes safety and e-test. The interior, exterior and underbody is in excellent condition. I am concerned about the amount of kilometers on the vehicle. Does anyone know how many miles or kilometers this car will run without any major problems? I will drive it between 5 to 6 thousand KMS (3000 miles) per year. I am guessing that the person who owned it previously took as much care in maintaining the exterior and interior as they did in the engine. Your experiences and opinions will be greatly appreciated
Old 09-18-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Car Purchase Feedback

Originally Posted by kevfarr
It has 200,000 KMS (120,000 miles) on it and the dealership is asking $5995 for it, which includes safety and e-test.
That is low mileage for a Honda and not something that I personally would worry about.

Does anyone know how many miles or kilometers this car will run without any major problems?
No way of knowing this. You could buy a brand new car and something could go wrong with it. The chances of something going wrong with a Honda are less then other cars which is why they have a high reliability rating.

I will drive it between 5 to 6 thousand KMS (3000 miles) per year. I am guessing that the person who owned it previously took as much care in maintaining the exterior and interior as they did in the engine.
That is not many miles and may be harder on the car then someone who drives it more. Usually if the interior and exterior are in good shape the engine is well maintained but some people just care about appearance and do not care about the engine.
Old 09-18-2015
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Car Purchase Feedback

Take care of a Honda, it'll last you a good while. 120K miles is nothing.