Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

official Nopi Nats pic thread!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006
BIG
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of light
I can't believe that nobody noticed that the K20, GReddy turbocharged, full type R Recaro interior, finberglass audio enclosure, 5 lug converstion, kitted, CF hood, and WAY more.....7thgen didn't place.

He drove down from Toronto, Ontario.

This is the reason I never took my 7thgen to Nopi.
Old 09-20-2006

supermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to all
You can tell by the exprecion on my face on the pictures how bad I felt for you guys that didn't even placed.
I was unconfortable with my win.

By the way did the Inca Pearl with the swap placed at all?
Old 09-20-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by BIG
I can't believe that nobody noticed that the K20, GReddy turbocharged, full type R Recaro interior, finberglass audio enclosure, 5 lug converstion, kitted, CF hood, and WAY more.....7thgen didn't place.

He drove down from Toronto, Ontario.

This is the reason I never took my 7thgen to Nopi.
did you not read my rant!
supermex- u desreved the win! when i got the call that you won i couldnt of been happier and to have importtuner(mexico) come by...awsome
Old 09-20-2006
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

Ashhole will become famous soon enoughAshhole will become famous soon enough
yea for all the money we ****in spend there, you think htey could hire some have *** judges. But whatever, stuff like that never changes.

O for those of you who were at Wal-mart friday night, FINALLY GOT THE ****IN PROJECTORS WORKIN!!! WOOO

Big thanks to hector for helpin me out with them all night.
Old 09-20-2006
Hey, I know Drew22Mader, the man with the sickest whip

Gixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to all
Originally Posted by supermex
You can tell by the exprecion on my face on the pictures how bad I felt for you guys that didn't even placed.
Hector, don't feel bad, as far as I'm concerned You took one for the team. And like Drunkenmagnum said You deserved it.

Just don't park next to me next time. lol
Old 09-20-2006

supermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to all
Thanks guys
Old 09-20-2006
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

You guys see this?

There are no judging rules. As you can imagine a show of this size takes a small army of judges. They are there to determine the winners of each class - NOT to score every car. They make an initial pass to determind who is in the running and then a second pass to score those cars that they thought might have a chance to win. With over 7000 cars, thats's the way we have to do it. At our Regional car show events - each car is scored and the scores are added up as you might expect and the winners are determined that way.

If theres no rules to follow, its no wonder its so bad. theres no point in hopin to win at the nationals with a setup like that
Old 09-20-2006
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
hector you deserved that win! congrats man
Old 09-21-2006
BIG
Registered!!

BIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by supermex

By the way did the Inca Pearl with the swap placed at all?
Nope nothing....
Old 09-21-2006
Registered!!

kasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura about
you have a good mix of show and performance... you deserve it! nice work!
Old 09-21-2006
Registered!!

SEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of light
OK, by request. A picture of Hector's car and trophy.

Old 09-21-2006
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
^teh hawtness
Old 09-21-2006
Registered!!

GuSTo is an unknown quantity at this point
No, I didnt' place at all.....

I was very surprised, considering everything short of lambo doors has been done on my car. Bridgestone accidently registered me under street class as well, and to find out i was beat by a stock car with only an intake furiated me. I don't really want to know who came in 2nd and 3rd, cause I'm sure I should have beat them as well and it'll just get me upset again. It's all good though, since it's not the first time that it has happened.

I expect stuff like this to happen, especially with the number of shows i do a year. I just didn't think it would happen at the BIGGEST show. LOL.

You guys will be able to get a good look at it in an upcoming issue of HCI.
It was shot without the turbo though.

Hector, PM with where you got that hood.
I had a vented hood before but had to ditch it because of the swap.

Yours doesn't look like it dips too low.

Good job with the car BTW!

Last edited by GuSTo; 09-21-2006 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-21-2006
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

It just goes to show that they find people who dont know a damn thing about cars to judge these things.

i think next year ill bring my sister's 05 vp, ill prolly win easily :-P
Old 09-21-2006
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by GuSTo
No, I didnt' place at all.....

I was very surprised, considering everything short of lambo doors has been done on my car. Bridgestone accidently registered me under street class as well, and to find out i was beat by a stock car with only an intake furiated me. I don't really want to know who came in 2nd and 3rd, cause I'm sure I should have beat them as well and it'll just get me upset again. It's all good though, since it's not the first time that it has happened.

I expect stuff like this to happen, especially with the number of shows i do a year. I just didn't think it would happen at the BIGGEST show. LOL.

You guys will be able to get a good look at it in an upcoming issue of HCI.
It was shot without the turbo though.

Hector, PM with where you got that hood.
I had a vented hood before but had to ditch it because of the swap.

Yours doesn't look like it dips too low.

Good job with the car BTW!

man your car is beautiful!
Old 09-21-2006
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Well i just got off the phone with the guy from Nopi Nationals. Bobbi Smith? i think was his name. Apparently something happened with the points and I was scored 2nd place but yet I got nothing for it. He said he was taking care of the issue and would issue me my trophy. I said, but there was a hand full of others beat out by a guy with a stock car. Gusto, i did throw your name in there as well and the guy said that judging is spread out all over the track and sometimes points are hard to total them all up. As far as it goes, you should have placed in Custom or Street no matter what you did enter cause i did see your car and its nice as ****. So I've figured out a bit of the stuff but who knows guys. I mean really, how do I get second place but then get shafted? Not so sure about this show anymore.

So here is what it looks like on http://ndra.nopi.com/2006/dsp_NDwinners.cfm?showid=71

Honda/Acura - Sport Compact - Civic 01-05 2dr - Street1 CRAIG MONTGOMERY TALBOTTON, GA 2 MIKE ENRIGHT NEW WINDSOR, NY 2 DREW MADER PORTSMOUTH, OH 3 JESSE BORDERS WARNER ROBINS, GA

I still don't think this is right that they have left off so many cars. Gusto, Gixxer, Tuningmycivic should all be up there.

Last edited by drew22mader; 09-21-2006 at 03:12 PM.
Old 09-21-2006
Registered!!

Drew, keep me updated.

My name is Albert Tjong btw, if they ask.

i left a message for this bobby guy as well

Last edited by GuSTo; 09-21-2006 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-21-2006

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
I'll def keep ya updated, he is supposed to send my trophy out Friday. So if he calls me before that i will see what he says.
Old 09-21-2006
Registered!!

it's not right....

i know you guys have hot cars....

but you also know if one guy's got more stuff than you, there's just no denying some things.
Old 09-21-2006

No **** man, hell you could have taken first in any category. K20, turbo, Volk, body kit, Full interior, i mean what more can you ask for?
Old 09-21-2006
Registered!!

you forgot the full audio, full body vinyl, full 5 lug and brake conversion
LOL......

thanks a lot drew!....it's feels better to be recognized by peers than by judges who can screw up at any time.
Old 09-21-2006
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

gusto, what kinda kit is that? the avenger?

Im glad to see you got that straight drew, you deserve first place though. You'll prolly get it at the ohio show.

Last edited by Ashhole; 09-21-2006 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-21-2006
Registered!!

It's authentic Bomex.
Old 09-21-2006

Man i can't wait for my volks to get in now!!!!! 4 days until the land in the states. Gusto, were yours the Limited Edition Black with Diamond Polished lip? couldn't remember if they were or not. But thats the ones i got. Then its k20 time
Old 09-21-2006
Registered!!

yup, those are the ones i have....they were gunmetal before, got them done in black.

i actually plan on selling mine after this season, but they're 5 bolt
Old 09-21-2006
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

lol u better post up pix as soon as they go on drew. '

I was lookin at the results page, and it looks like they lost scores all over the place. theres tons of instances now of multiple people finishing in the same spots. Maybe they'll actually have to fix things for next year
Old 09-21-2006

Gusto, mine should be on like Oct 1-3. Just gotta order my tires now.
Old 09-21-2006

Gixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to all
So we talked to this Bobbi Smith. Turns out that they placed my car in 7th. Not so sure about NOPI next year. 4th I could lived with or maybe even 5th but 7th!. We had 7 cars just in our group as 7thgen.com and there were only a couple more that I saw that might give us a run.
Old 09-21-2006

Bobbi said there were 21 in our category, not sure where they all were.
Old 09-21-2006

Originally Posted by drew22mader
Bobbi said there were 21 in our category, not sure where they all were.
The judges got confused and were judging the local Honda Dealership. lol

Quick Reply: official Nopi Nats pic thread!