Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

got my fogs! pics finally added!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
Talking got my fogs! pics finally added!

ok lets see. thanx tara. i love you hun.
she wants me to get them professionally installed. which i don't have a problem with. im gonna ask them to do the wiring so i can have them on while the lights are off. if they don't ill do it myself. but does anyone know how much install is gonna be? like a ballpark.
i test fitted each side and it lookes like you have to cut the whole black part out. not just where the bulb goes but where the fitting goes too. i even got the OEM switch. sweet!

Last edited by MajinB; 01-04-2006 at 12:31 AM. Reason: pics!
Old 12-30-2005
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
YAY! post some pictures when you get them on! i'm happy for ya.
Old 12-30-2005

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
pics. these things are bigger than i thought they would be.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	fogs.JPG
Views:	2272
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	63305  
Old 12-30-2005
For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.

blackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant future
Where did you get them from? And if from ebay, who was the seller?
Old 12-30-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
looks good. install is prolly gonna be around $200
Old 12-30-2005
Prince of Persia

Yoshiemaster will become famous soon enough
wow, didn't think they looked that good MajinB, your GF has good taste. i love the switches that have the protective flap you have to flip before you turn something on.

you love taking pics of stuff on your bed don't you.
Old 12-30-2005
Registered!!

03whitecivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by blackBDMcivicLX
Where did you get them from? And if from ebay, who was the seller?
^^^^ wanna know too...
Old 12-30-2005
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
installation from a dealer goes anywhere from $140-$300
Old 12-30-2005
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
i want fogs to go with the lip kit im getting now.....
Old 12-30-2005
Registered!!

CivicSF should not be trustedCivicSF should not be trusted
you could save a lotta cash doing it yourself. get rid of the stock plastic covers, bolt on the lights while making sure the connections don't lean on the radiator or such, conect the wires (might need to do this before bolting-on), then run em up thru the dash hole into the cig-lighter area... probabably take you an hour or two but you could grab an exhaust for that labor price...
Old 12-30-2005
Registered!!

jaydm21 is an unknown quantity at this point
i checked with the honda dealership and they quoted me $125 for the installation of my fogs and i have the same ones you do.
Old 12-30-2005
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
My new car has fogs and I LOVE those things. If my lights are on, my fogs are on. Soooo much better.

I can't believe I never installed those on my Civic.
Old 12-30-2005
Registered!!

cj2185 is an unknown quantity at this point
I installed my oem fog lights myself. It's pretty easy except trying to get the wires through the frame.
Old 12-30-2005

yoshie- yea i love doin it. its easier.
my gf DID get them from ebay. she would not tell me how much. it could not have been the 30 dollar ones cause those do NOT come with a OEM switch like this one.
civicsf- she requested that i do it professionally. i have no problem with this.
jaydm21- thanx! thats low price. ill find a shop that will do it for less and then i will tell you how much i ended up paying for it.

guys, i will ask my gf tomorrow who the seller was. or ill look myself. she won't tell me how much. it was a hannukah present.
EDIT:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-03...25620469QQrdZ1
never mind, i guess the 30 dollar ones do have the oem switch. it has to be either this seller or a seller named k2motor-
they are both on ebay. i ordered my eyelids of off the k2motor person. shipping was hella fast. i recommend him/her.

Last edited by MajinB; 12-30-2005 at 11:14 PM.
Old 12-31-2005
Boredom causes changes ;)

Karumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura about
Word of caution -
I hope that switch is actually good, as the two switches I got for my eBay fogs were crap. The inside lights basically melted the plastic around it and destroyed it.

Also, might want to think about grabbing some lamin-x to protect the lenses.
Old 12-31-2005
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
^^^^ yea i also heard of those ebay switches melting and crapping out, might want to get some better switches so that doesnt happen
Old 12-31-2005
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gearbox
looks good. install is prolly gonna be around $200
Whoaa, that's tooo much, I installed mine at a local shop here in PR and it was only 75 bucks
Old 12-31-2005

Originally Posted by Karumba
Word of caution -
I hope that switch is actually good, as the two switches I got for my eBay fogs were crap. The inside lights basically melted the plastic around it and destroyed it.

Also, might want to think about grabbing some lamin-x to protect the lenses.
ill go to advanced auto parts in a few days. im not gettin them installed right away cause im goin on a skii trip next week. 75 bucks don't sound bad at all.
anyways, about laminx or whatever. should i paint them or get the cheaper laminx stuff at the auto store?
Old 12-31-2005
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
cheaper laminx would look good...
Old 12-31-2005

Originally Posted by boricua_civic
cheaper laminx would look good...
is that sarcasm? o well. i don't have 50 bucks for 2 small ovals on some fogs.
Old 12-31-2005
For the love of House Music... Defected.com

05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough
^Or for like $25 you can spray them yellow.
Old 12-31-2005

Originally Posted by 05_ CivicJDM
^Or for like $25 you can spray them yellow.
i want white. im installing my arctic white bulbs in a few days when i finally have some time. then ill see what color i need to spray or cover with whatever the hell it needs.
Old 12-31-2005
Registered!!

MYK1013 is an unknown quantity at this point
welcome to the foggies club.
I had mine professionally installed for $60. I dont know much about car wiring and stuff.
Old 12-31-2005
Registered!!

bluestreak is an unknown quantity at this point
it's pretty much plug and play, DIY
Old 12-31-2005

i asked the gf, and told her you guys wanted to know who the seller was and how much. she can't remember the seller but she finally told me 34 bucks with taxes and shipping. that is a good price imo. hells yea.
Old 12-31-2005
Registered!!

orion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really nice
install

Originally Posted by MajinB
ok lets see. thanx tara. i love you hun.
she wants me to get them professionally installed. which i don't have a problem with. im gonna ask them to do the wiring so i can have them on while the lights are off. if they don't ill do it myself. but does anyone know how much install is gonna be? like a ballpark.
i test fitted each side and it lookes like you have to cut the whole black part out. not just where the bulb goes but where the fitting goes too. i even got the OEM switch. sweet!

Install can be 150$ something if you find some non-tax place. Install yourself is fine too but it is a lot of work, I just did it recently and it is not extremely easy. It took me a while to find out some rust on the chassis can stop the light from lighting up.

The time I spent was surely above 150$, but for me it is fun so I accepted it.
Old 12-31-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
my bro just got fogs and white luks H11 that look really nice for his acura rsx. only thing is his chrome is turning black already thanks ebay
Old 12-31-2005
Registered!!

schematicsskate will become famous soon enoughschematicsskate will become famous soon enough
It seems like you want someone else to do the install, but this will give you an idea anyways

http://www.handa-accessories.com/civic/civ03fogs.pdf

P.S. i had to get 15 posts to help you out, what a joke
Old 12-31-2005
Prince of Persia

Yoshiemaster will become famous soon enough
i'm sure majinB wants to do his own work, but his GF wants a pro to do it.
Old 12-31-2005
Registered!!

schematicsskate will become famous soon enoughschematicsskate will become famous soon enough
Oh i didnt catch that

Quick Reply: got my fogs! pics finally added!