got my fogs! pics finally added! - Page 7 - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-03-2006   #181  
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
just buy a switch from honda. templates you don't really need just look at how someone else's is cut. relays are cheap too.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006   #182  
Registered!!

nytroph is an unknown quantity at this point
Yea I might as well do that bc waiting for this guy k2motor on ebay isn't gonna get those foglights put in any faster this weekend.
nytroph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006   #183  
Registered!!

Honda01 will become famous soon enoughHonda01 will become famous soon enough
I'm curious, years ago in my old car, I wired up my sound system and connected it directly to the battery - all was good.

However, when I installed neons (I know i know... it was awhile ago! ) they were connected to a switch, which was connected to a fuse, which was connect to the battery.

How do you guys have it set up to power the fog lights?
-Install actual lights
-Run wires into the dash for the switch
-...then what do you run the switch to??
Battery (wouldn't it be messy? - old car's install looked like ****) ...
Do you tap into another wire??

Insight would be great, as I'm not too electric-knowledgable
Honda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006   #184  
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
usually ebay fogs come with a harness which wires into either ur fuse box or u can hardwire them into you 12v power outlet in ur car
ragingSPAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006   #185  
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda01
How do you guys have it set up to power the fog lights?
-Install actual lights
-Run wires into the dash for the switch
-...then what do you run the switch to??
Battery (wouldn't it be messy? - old car's install looked like ****) ...
Do you tap into another wire??
um, my fogs are like daytime running lights. as long as my key is turned, the fogs are on. i got it wired to my ignition wire. so they are on whether my headlights/sidemarkers are on or off. if you go to handaaccessories.com they have a guide to install the kit yourself. if you want a clean stock install, just take apart the bottom of the center console. that part is not hard at all.
MajinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006   #186  
Hey Hey Hey. Smoke w**d everyday - Dave Chappelle

2ME_EM2 is a jewel in the rough2ME_EM2 is a jewel in the rough2ME_EM2 is a jewel in the rough2ME_EM2 is a jewel in the rough
so if they are on all the time then wut happend with your OEM switch is it being used or is it there just for looks or is it even there?? iono im just wondering cuz im thinking of getting some too..

oh yeah props on the fogs i likes..

Last edited by 2ME_EM2; 03-13-2006 at 02:22 AM.
2ME_EM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006   #187  
Registered!!

CIVIC X3 is on a distinguished road
yea i was wonderin wut about the switch? does it not work? nice install you got dere. i just got mines done recently too. now i have to figure out where i want to slice the one pin plug wire into the parkin light or the ignition. i have the 04-05 foglights style.
CIVIC X3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006   #188  

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
my switch is there. its oem style. IF i had not had the power wire hooked up to the ignition switch, then it would be useful for me. but its hooked up to the ignition so if the switch is on or off it don't matter. i keep the switch off. fogs stay on anyway. if you do it to the parking light, then you have to have them on to use. i could have had mine set up through the ignition in series. then my ignition would have to be on and i would need to press the switch. if you run it parallel like i have the switch don't matter
Old 04-04-2006   #189  
Registered!!

Gammarus is an unknown quantity at this point
where do I get a relay from? my set was missing one.
Gammarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006   #190  
Registered!!

bump
Old 04-06-2006   #191  

talkin bout the harness? its supposed to come with one. mine did
Old 04-07-2006   #192  
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
does anyone need a brand new set of ebay fogs for $35 shipped?
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006   #193  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearbox
does anyone need a brand new set of ebay fogs for $35 shipped?
sorry mine still work perfectly
Old 04-07-2006   #194  
Registered!!

according to the instructions on handa its says that there should be two relays now Iam assuming one for each light? but I only have one I know I could probably get one from the dealer but could I just go to radioshack or something and buy one thats equal to the one I have already?