Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

got my fogs! pics finally added!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006
For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant future
Ohhhh. My bad, I never even thought about that part turning black. I thought that the outer piece was chrome. Wow that does suck.
Old 01-07-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by gearbox
no i mean inside the reflector that turned black. so now they don't reflect anymore
if this happens i will let you guys know
Old 01-07-2006
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute
i've had mine for several months, and they're still fine. (no burning off of chrome "KNOCK ON WOOD")

gearbox- were they from the same company?
Old 01-07-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i guess not then. this happened over a couple days of using them. i wonder if they can be opened and repainted with some hi temp silver at least.
Old 01-07-2006
i love my morreale

eddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of light
i've had mine for a few months & they're fine.
Old 01-13-2006
Registered!!

8thcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by MajinB
you=owned
not really..thats the price you have to pay for original Honda parts......at least I didn't pay a shop to put them on for me.
Old 01-13-2006
Registered!!

also yellow Lamin-x is on its way to protect them from any road debris. I'll post a pic when thats on.
Old 01-13-2006

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
ok i went to advanced auto parts. paid 10 bucks for a sheet enough to do my fogs with clear 40mm or something like that film. screw laminx
Old 01-15-2006
Registered!!

Yellow Lamin-x was only $20 bucks and I got enough to cover the foglights 3 times. Plus I didn't have to go anywhere, except to the mailbox.
So I got it put on and the fogs look even better now that they are yellow.
Old 01-16-2006
Registered!!

bluestreak is an unknown quantity at this point
is the brand "DEPO" on the fogs?
Old 01-17-2006

Originally Posted by bluestreak
is the brand "DEPO" on the fogs?
no.
Old 01-18-2006
Registered!!

Eclectic is an unknown quantity at this point
what's that thing you can put on the fog lights to protect it from scratches/cracks from rocks on the road?
lol ok nevermind

Last edited by Eclectic; 01-18-2006 at 01:27 AM.
Old 01-18-2006
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
^^Its called Lamin-x
Old 01-18-2006
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
I can't wait to order my fogs, Yellow Lamin-X will be going on those bitches too.
Old 01-18-2006
Registered!!

bluestreak is an unknown quantity at this point
I ordered mine about three years ago for 99$ and the brand was "DEPO"
that's why I asked
Old 01-18-2006

i got the laminx rip off from advanced auto parts. 10 bucks
Old 01-18-2006
Registered!!

Eclectic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by boricua_civic
^^Its called Lamin-x
how many layers should you put for best protection?
Old 01-18-2006
Registered!!

nytroph is an unknown quantity at this point
Can anyone recommend an eBay Seller for these fog lights, I can;t decide which ones to go with the prices range from $10-$30 and the shipping charges range from $10-$30, so I dont know which seller to go with. Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 01-18-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
one layer of laminx otherwise they will overheat and melt or blow the bulb.
Old 01-18-2006

Originally Posted by nytroph
Can anyone recommend an eBay Seller for these fog lights, I can;t decide which ones to go with the prices range from $10-$30 and the shipping charges range from $10-$30, so I dont know which seller to go with. Any help would be much appreciated.
this guy named k2motor. go to ebay cause its cheaper but the site is
k2motor.com
the ebay name is k2motor
Old 01-21-2006
Registered!!

I found k2motor's eBay store but no 01+ civic fogs, only 92-95 and 99-00.
Old 01-21-2006
The Beez Kneez

acidbaby will become famous soon enoughacidbaby will become famous soon enough
DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY WITH THE DEALER!
this isnt a hard install:/
Old 01-21-2006
Registered!!

blackdragon will become famous soon enoughblackdragon will become famous soon enough
Dealership charge 2.5hrs install time which = $230+... thats y im waiting on the next florida meet (hope Tech Meet and they can help meh for a six pack)
Old 01-21-2006

I found k2motor's eBay store but no 01+ civic fogs, only 92-95 and 99-00.
http://www.k2motor.com/lf-cv01oem.html
these are 50 on his site and like 30 shipped on ebay. i will find you the ebay link
here is the ebay link of K2motor and his same fogs for like 26 bucks. which is half off his website.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-03...32270681QQrdZ1
there ya go

dealership told me 250 cause its 2.5 hours and 99 bucks an hour. what a rip. guy across the street did them for 90 including the bumper cutting. 1.5 hours of labor i believe. shop around.
Old 01-21-2006
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
they wont work i got the same kit
Old 01-21-2006

Originally Posted by zachgeyer
they wont work i got the same kit
what do you mean? what won't work? mine work fine...
Old 01-22-2006
Registered!!

thanks for the link MajinB, the only thing is I noticed there's no switch in the pics did one come with yours?
Old 01-22-2006

thanks for the link MajinB, the only thing is I noticed there's no switch in the pics did one come with yours?
yea oem switch came with it
Old 01-23-2006
Registered!!

ok thanks, just bought 'em on eBay
Old 02-03-2006
Registered!!

Unhappy

Well I just got my fogs from K2Motor on ebay yesterday, and I'm missing some things, like 1 of the 2 relays, the templates for cutting the bumper out for the fogs, and of course the most important part the OEM "style" switch, I don't know what I'm gonna do with this kit its kind of worthless missing a relay and the on/off switch. To good to be true I guess, they r nice fogs too, glass lenses, Osram bulbs, factory style plug and play. O well just gonna collect dust now from what it looks like...

Quick Reply: got my fogs! pics finally added!