Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

got my fogs! pics finally added!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006
For the love of House Music... Defected.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough
^Look good... Did you spray or Laminex your fogs?
Old 01-02-2006
jdmtytedoridori
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
they look nice. i wonder how much 04/05 ones are now on ebay, last i checked they were like 120.
Old 01-02-2006
i love my morreale

eddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by 05_ CivicJDM
^Look good... Did you spray or Laminex your fogs?
lamin-x
Old 01-02-2006
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mandangalo
they look nice. i wonder how much 04/05 ones are now on ebay, last i checked they were like 120.
I bought mine for 69.95 a while back.
Old 01-02-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
ok, updates
went lookin at first place. closed for new years. damn.
second place same. damn damn.
get told my some asshat shop owner to go to some other place. so i find it.
they tell me 65 at first****** yea* ok. then they tell me that its gonna be 2.5 hours of labor instead of just one cause they have to cut the bumper= BS- trying to squeeze cash out of me.
dealership- 240 for 2.5 hours at 99 dollars an hour. who posted that it was 125? wtf?
came back to the shop that would do it. they said not today but tomorrow at 9 am. 110 bucks. im down with that.
ill post pics after they are done
Old 01-02-2006
Prince of Persia

Yoshiemaster will become famous soon enough
shops SUCK man,

i just picked up mommy's urban assault vehicle (suburban) from the body shop today. someone ran into the left passenger door, and left big dent. so i go to pick it up and the dude was like, "yea we had a problem with the door handle so we had to change that too" at which point i responded "i'm sorry, i have the white suburban :::while pointing to it::::, the door handle was fine before we brought it to the shop". so then he was like "well we have a new employee here and this was his 2nd car he has worked on"... while pissed, i was like "yea, sucks that it has to come out of your pocket and not mine" and to my suprise he was like "yea, i see your point" and didn't charge extra for the doorhandle. he was tryin to get some money outuv money but i held my ground. damn body shops.
Old 01-02-2006
Registered!!

8thcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
So you can use that yellow lamin-x on foglights? It won't melt it? Seriously I want my fogs yellow but thought it was a plastic peice that fits over them.
Old 01-02-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
use laminx only with stock bulbs or the film will melt
Old 01-02-2006

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by gearbox
if i go to advanced auto parts and get some film will it be the same? cause i don't feel like dropin 50 bucks for 3 inches of film. thats gay.
Old 01-02-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i only paid $20 for my bulk pack enough to do two sets of fogs. i gave the other piece to my bro for his lights. are the yellow more expensive? also i don't think this film can be found at stores and if it is its not the same. the laminx also provides chip protection.
Old 01-02-2006
Registered!!

I paid $250 for my fogs on my 8th gen, also saved myself $300+ by installing them myself. I would post pics but I can't.
Old 01-02-2006
Registered!!

Thanks
Old 01-02-2006

Originally Posted by 8thcivic
I paid $250 for my fogs on my 8th gen, also saved myself $300+ by installing them myself. I would post pics but I can't.
you=owned
Old 01-02-2006

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
^^ agree
Old 01-02-2006
Premium Member

i paid $265 for the oem fogs, and $250 for the install. me = owned
Old 01-02-2006

You got OWNED very bad, damn I paid 69.95 for my fogs and 75 for install and I considered myself owned...
Old 01-02-2006
Registered!!

DTTheEmperor is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by eddieisaricer
it's simple to install ebay fogs. the only hard part is running the wiring & relays etc. but i cheated & hooked up the power line form the fogs to my parking light wire.
Thanks for the info.
Old 01-02-2006
Prince of Persia

i paid $265 for the oem fogs, and $250 for the install. me = owned

that's prolly why u feelin so sick.
Old 01-02-2006

Two flashlights will do the same work,
Old 01-02-2006
Prince of Persia

yea, and if u want yellow tint, take the wrapper off a bottle of orange juice and tape it around the flashlight.
Old 01-02-2006
Premium Member

ya really i don't know what i was thinking. if i could go back in time i wouldn't have gotten em.
Old 01-02-2006
Prince of Persia

well, gearbox, i have good news for you. here in the future we now have time machines. i had the choice of buying a Xenon i43 hovercar or a timemachine. i chose the hovercar. once i save enough money i'll buy a time machine and let you borrow it so you can get your money back.
Old 01-02-2006

well my install was supposed to be 65 but they said they would have to do the bumper cutting. i was gonna cut it myself and have them install but i don't really have time. so they will do it all for me tomorrow for 110.
the dude didn't know how to get my bumper off. if i have to help them im gonna want a cheaper price. and ill check all my **** to make sure nothing is broke too. you know, just in case
Old 01-02-2006
Prince of Persia

yea, i've told you about my rear bumper majinB and how i got into the accident. the shop wanted 600 dollars to replace it with a new one/paint it, imma go over there sometime this week and ask them if they could just paint the new one, i can install it myself. they got like 300 for labor. can you believe that ****?
Old 01-02-2006

yea i believe it. its stupid. bumper install is 10 minutes. its cause the automotive standard gives times for what any average slow *** mechanic can do. fogs are timed at 2.5 hours. thats what honda told me. but the shop guys told me an hour. but then the bumper cutting is like 1.5 hours. but thats crap anyway too. there is a book about this stuff. like how many hours does X job take.
Old 01-02-2006
Prince of Persia

i just thought of this, make your GF pay for the isntallation.
Old 01-02-2006

no. she does owe me some cash but no
Old 01-02-2006

Originally Posted by Yoshiemaster
yea, and if u want yellow tint, take the wrapper off a bottle of orange juice and tape it around the flashlight.
That's a nice idea, this is for the ones that don't have fogs...
Old 01-02-2006
Prince of Persia

yea dude, i'm all about imprevising.
Old 01-03-2006

ok updates
so i walk in at 9 am like my appoitment said. i get there and these guys come out and tell me to bring the fogs in.
so i do, they go to the back, come back out and say itll be 250 for all the "custom" work. omgwtfbbq.
i told them to give me back my screws, which they don't give them all back from yesterday. and i leave.
first it was 65
then it was 110 and now 250. im going to talk to their boss. email him and tell him this is bad business. and im putting these people under the blacklist for bad shops.
TRAFFIC JAMS IS GAY!!!

Quick Reply: got my fogs! pics finally added!