Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My car is dead

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
dont know how much people will look for something like that on ebay, i know i used to look and never found any cylinder heads for our cars.
and now i doubt youll be able to sell it on here.
Old 11-22-2005
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
ebay it, theres no harm, in trying =)
Old 11-22-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
ya i'll tell em whats done to it so they know.
Old 11-22-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
did you contact DH and demand an explanation? maybe if you threaten them with a lawsuit they will send you a new pnp head thats done right
Old 11-22-2005

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
You only WISH you could contact them
Old 11-22-2005
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
is there a thread somewhere that explains what DH has done in the past to earn this rep? I've never heard of them till Gearbox's car died....
Old 11-22-2005

Ohhhhhhh man. It's a long story but started with like pullies then manifolds then heads, then a bad story that somehow they got a pair of gear's g/f's panties or something.... it was bad porting all the way around and shoddy products
Old 11-22-2005

Here's a funny one =*( http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...ight=dh+racing

ohhh lol http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...ight=dh+racing
Old 11-22-2005

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
I just read through about 70% of this stuff...jist is/was don't buy from DH racing or any of the guys affiliated with them...

good god...the stuff that went on here that i missed out on...

BTW is that dhracing group of dudes still on here or did they get scared away?
Old 11-22-2005

No, they were banned from the site. And it was a horrendous time indeed. People were getting products that they throught were great, then like a month or two down the road, people started having problems and entire engines started crapping out. Their pullies wern't harmonized properly, they heads wern't ported properly (some had shavings in them) and their manifolds wern't welded properly. All in all Gear is lucky he got this far with it, but he has the same result as eevryone else, the engine, or his head in the case, taking a crap.
Old 11-22-2005

i dont think gearbox has any chance of getting anything from dh racing for two reasons.

apparently you cant get a hold of them

and two, dh will blame the installers.
Old 11-22-2005

My favorite site! I love their products! http://www.dh-racing.com/
Old 11-22-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
omg suppressed memories. there are too many threads to count. everything from bad motors to bad pulleys, tb, im, all kinds of stuff all junk. i got off easy if you could call it that. the girl i knew rscivic put on the pnp head only to find out the oil passages were clogged with metal and the vtec wouldn't work. they finally found out just before the turbo would have literally exploded the engine had it stayed on any longer. compression was some insane number and add boost to that...

they keep their identity and location a secret for good reason.
Old 11-22-2005
Premium Member

well i think i fixed the starting problem or at least put a bandaid on for now. but i still hear bubbles and the coolant is burning. so i guess its okay for now. i'm just gonna wait til next year and swap stock head.
Old 12-07-2005
MAVS FAN 4EVER

jknudsen is a jewel in the roughjknudsen is a jewel in the roughjknudsen is a jewel in the roughjknudsen is a jewel in the rough
was just curious, what are you doing for transportation in the mean time...?
Old 12-07-2005
Premium Member

well like in my previous post, it still drives. i just have to watch for coolant loss and check the oil. as soon as i see coolant in the oil, i'm done and can't drive it at all. i have a stock head i'm cleaning up right now...
Old 12-07-2005
Registered!!

Blackpearl is an unknown quantity at this point
How much MPG (of coolant) you get? You use normal cooland or honda one?
Whay you not replace the head gasket? Maybe you cause more damage then the cost of the head gasket I gues.
Anyway I hope is not geting worse.
Old 12-08-2005
Premium Member

well the thing is the pnp head has got to go anyway if i plan to turbo. the compression from milling is way too high, and I bet the milling caused the leak, either that or the compression. I'm using honda coolant but its not losing as much now to actually misfire. I just check weekly and make sure the oil is fine.
Old 01-02-2006
Registered!!

StealthCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey man, sorry about that gear, you have helped me man, anyway I could help you I would but I am over on the southeast coast...I hope you are able to fix it or find a local shop that is really trustworthy and knowledgeable
Old 01-02-2006
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
that sucks big big time , sorry man
Old 01-02-2006
Premium Member

i guess i'll post an update. i'm going back to the dealer that fixed it to demand new parts that they damaged. i already fixed most of the mechanical problems.
Old 01-02-2006

they fixed the problem after this headgasket you blew? or was it work before that?
what did they damage?
what mechanical problems u fix?
lol lots of questions but havent heard much bout ur car for a while so im lost.
Old 01-03-2006
Premium Member

i took it in so they could install a fresh stock head that was just resurfaced and cleaned at the machine shop. i brought that and all parts/fluids. they installed it, took 2 days even tho we know its a few hours labor, charged me an extra hour for putting the timing covers on (don't you have to anyway?) and left me with a car that was unsafe to drive. oh also they forgot to put the stock header on that was sitting right on the seat. so i had to do that along with fixing all their other problems.

well bad stuff from this. there was oil and coolant ALL OVER the engine bay every wire i touched had oil dripping from it. then i noticed the engine ground strap was LOOSE and dangling inside the radiator fan (thank goodness i didn't drive more than 15 mins to get home and it was below freezing outside). then i got worried and checked more things. as i was replacing the header, i noticed all the bolts were over torqued to 30ft/lbs instead of 15. so i'm like hmm is this guy a moron or what. well i look around and notice all my plastic pieces are scratched up. i keep my car in show condition but now all the plastics like air cleaner, vtec wire cover, are all scratched bad and my neuspeed bar plastic screw cap has a hole melted in it. well another problem was they wanted to put the stock cam gear on so i said okay take off my aem and put this stock one on. it was dirty but i didn't have time to wipe off what looked like some rusty color film. but it was wiping off so i hope they actually cleaned it first. oh yea and when i got my aem gear back it had deep gashes all over the teeth making it useless. looks like they used a screwdriver to pry the belt off instead of loosening the tensioner. okay what else, oh yea i checked the oil level, at first i'm like is there any oil in here?? then i check again and its at the bare minimum maybe. so i put some lc20 in there to move it up a little. then i check the plugs, well what do you know two are loose hand tight, one is torqued 30ft/lbs yes 30 and the other is around 5 ft/lbs. how i drove home like that is a miracle. so after fixing that stuff, i notice they also didn't fill the coolant up to max, its still at min level but lucky i still have some old stuff i pour in.

well i'm pissed as hell. and now i'm hoping they torqued the cam rocker bolts because i told them the machine shop just did them finger tight cause there was a bolt missing. so i told them to tighten it once they reuse one of the old bolts. so now for sure i'm thinking the mechanic did a super sloppy job on it. but so far after i fixed those things the car is driving okay but i've only driven it for a couple days so we'll see.

i go back the next day ready to throw a fit. i see the service manager, and he says he finds me very hard to believe because the guy that worked on my car is their best mechanic. that made me more pissed, he told me leave the car so we can fix whats on your problem list and i said well those things are already fixed. I just left and called corporate honda. they sent them a huge letter to the general and service manager of the dealership. when i'm in reno i get a call from the service tech saying call me so we can fix your car. yea right and they want the same guy to work on it. haha right... so i'm flying back there in a few days and will go back to see what i can get from them. all i really want is new plastic parts. oh yea and they dented the side of my fender and no way were they gonna deny that cause when i brought it back there were oily fingerprints all over the dent. so i'm getting an expensive dent estimate from the body shop first and taking that to them too. i just hope the car doesn't break down from their crap work. but just imagine if i didn't check anything or didn't know how i would have a blown engine by now.
Old 01-03-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jeff is an unknown quantity at this point
K I must say you really need to just fix eveyrthing your self. Use the honda service manuel and follow ever step. Changing the head isnt that had to do. It is just takes alot of time. I would buy arp studs, buy a new gasket and get a can of gasket sealer that they sell at performance stores for head gaskets. Spray the headgasket and let it sit for like 5 to 10 minutes, and then install it onto the car.
Contact helmic for a honda service manuel.

Jeff
Old 01-03-2006

Originally Posted by Jeff
K I must say you really need to just fix eveyrthing your self. Use the honda service manuel and follow ever step. Changing the head isnt that had to do. It is just takes alot of time. I would buy arp studs, buy a new gasket and get a can of gasket sealer that they sell at performance stores for head gaskets. Spray the headgasket and let it sit for like 5 to 10 minutes, and then install it onto the car.
Contact helmic for a honda service manuel.

Jeff
hey JEFF, this is one of those times that you yourself, just sits back and reads. Gear (steve) knows what he is doing. not flaming ya just telling you to read up.
Old 01-03-2006
Premium Member

like i said before, i would have done it myself and sure it would have worked out fine. however, i am a full time grad student and lots of other issues in my life. i have a parking lot and a small tool kit to work with. if something comes up or i need anything, i'm screwed, same if it snows and i take more than a few days. my dad offered to pay the labor if i find the parts so i said okay. i thought honda trained mechanics would know better, and i didn't think it would be hard considering turboengnr pulls his head in a few hours.
Old 01-03-2006
Premium Member

tinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nice
I actually had a nice chat with Gearbox before he took the car to Honda. I'm a little disappointed that he wussed out on doing the job himself, and see what he got for his money... again. I became a very skilled mechanic because of all this type of BS. I do all possible work on MY cars myself. That includes rebuilding automatics, folks. Though this is not my job/business. The point is: (and we all know this) You want something done right.... you have to do it yourself.

Your car will LAST longer as well. No monkeys with airguns to strip out stuff.
Old 01-03-2006
Premium Member

haha yea i'm disappointed too. sometimes i think they break stuff on purpose.
Old 01-03-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jeff is an unknown quantity at this point
Not trying to start a war, Im a college grad myself and i had to replace my head aswell. Its not that hard,.
Old 01-03-2006
Premium Member

i know. i'm putting a turbo on in a year or two so if it blows again i'll be doing it. i know how its just bad timing when it happened.

Quick Reply: My car is dead