Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My car is dead

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005
Wish I had a Turbo 3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04|5spdCivic can only hope to improve
Gearbox sorry to hear about all that. if i lived anywhere near you i'd def in drive in to help you. theres gotta be someone on here who can help you. if it were me though man i'd take it back to them and tell them to either fix it right or give you your fing money back. and i'd bring a few of my huge friends with baseball bats and brass knuckles.
Old 11-20-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
well the problem is a few friends did the first swap (but it was done right so thats not the issue). dh is in cali and i'm surprised they are still in business. if i put their pulley on, my engine would be in the garbage by now. i still have that stupid pulley around the house. This time the shop says not enough evidence to swap the head. I have ext warranty but its iffy. Mechanic says I can't tell if the gasket is blown. really...i guess burning coolant and misfire codes don't do it for him. retard.
Old 11-20-2005
Registered!!

Blackpearl is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry to hear that. Oh.. DH
Taking apart the engine is way far from my knowledge. Hope somebody around you can help. Balance the cost between shop repair and DYI,+/- headache, if it worth the money.
Good Luck.

Last edited by Blackpearl; 11-20-2005 at 10:02 PM.
Old 11-20-2005
Registered!!

Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about
hey gearbox
i dont wanna sound like i'm an *** or something, but if you're around chicago, i'd be happy to help you. but i dont know if you can make it from champagne to here...
Old 11-20-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
ya shop + parts = $3k almost so i have to diy.
Old 11-20-2005
Registered!!

03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light
Gearbox, dont worry!
Turboengeer has one or two for sale for $200 (?)
Also, the coolant issue might be just the head studs, you have to change'em every time you takinh the head off. Also as the higher compression, then use Sunoco 94 gas, this should help.
So, what I say, get nippon leakless gasket and chage it with, use apr head studs. use 94 octane. This very well will help!
As fas as changing gaskets/heads, its easy, take things appart is easier then putting back together hardest thing is to get started! Like getting up out of bed ealy in the morning - getting off the bad is hardest!
Dont worry, you will get through it!
Old 11-20-2005
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Da1lyDr1ver
hey gearbox
i dont wanna sound like i'm an *** or something, but if you're around chicago, i'd be happy to help you. but i dont know if you can make it from champagne to here...

cool but no i doubt it will make it without causing more problems. but if you wanna come here hehe that would be cool.
Old 11-20-2005
spell check pwns you

tuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud of
i would take him to peoples court with the evidence, lol, may have them wanna settle, dont go down fight it till the end, and if i liked new u i would deff. help you out.
Old 11-20-2005
Registered!!

Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 03-Acura-1.7-EL
Gearbox, dont worry!
Turboengeer has one or two for sale for $200 (?)

that guy is selling an LX head not EX...
Old 11-20-2005
7thgen Terminator Ninja

booba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to behold
i would follotw the lx to ex head diy just to see how to get everything off and more importantly to get everything back on.
Old 11-20-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
ok there are plenty of heads for sale in the FS section, im sorry to hear about this man. we talked about this a few days back. damn if i could help you i would
Old 11-20-2005
spell check pwns you

tuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud of
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...R+HEAD+%282%29

its a little over the 350 mark i saw on this but at least u know its new and wont break
Old 11-20-2005
spell check pwns you

i put in 2003 auto d17a2 not sure on ur car may want to put in ur specifics if u want it
Old 11-20-2005
Premium Member

i might be getting one here for around 200. then i need bolts and gaskets. i'll check that diy too.
Old 11-20-2005
Registered!!

The 200-210 PSI is huge compared to 135. Anybody have this high pressure? The gasket must be very good to not blow out.
Old 11-20-2005
Premium Member

yea and they were still consistent like that for almost 2 yrs. its just the coolant so far but i don't want oil and coolant mixing that would be really bad. and that diy sucks doesn't have anything useful.
Old 11-20-2005
Registered!!

Why not change only the head gasket?
Have you found coolant in the oil or oil spots in coolant?
Old 11-20-2005
Registered!!

Sick Cycle is an unknown quantity at this point
hehe ... join the dark side of the vtec ...
Old 11-20-2005

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Sick Cycle
hehe ... join the dark side of the vtec ...
damn right.
Old 11-20-2005
Premium Member

dark side haha. well 210psi won't mix very well with turbo
Old 11-20-2005
7thgen Terminator Ninja

booba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to behold
uh he's already got a EX guys
Old 11-20-2005
Premium Member

you know what i'm laughing now but i know theres gonna be tons of problems. maybe if i make it out i'll post a head swap diy.
Old 11-20-2005
7thgen Terminator Ninja

i say we start a e-donation bucket so Gearbox can go tak ehte old head to dh racing and throw it through their window
Old 11-20-2005

i already paid him...
Old 11-20-2005
Premium Member

haha seriously i wish i could take it back and throw it in their shop with a note that says return to sender. they'll understand.
Old 11-20-2005
7thgen Terminator Ninja

now look how fast you made it bitch! right?
Old 11-20-2005
Premium Member

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
i changed my head gasket/head bolts (arp) and put in a custom intake manifold this weekend.removing the head isnt very hard. a word of warning for you gearbox is that you WILL have to remove the crank pulley which this a bitch unless you have an impact. other than that its not much of a problem everything else kinda flows smoothly. I have taken my head off and put back on twice. the main problem I ran into was timing. pm/im me if you have any questions concerns about doing it I will help you out.
Old 11-20-2005
Premium Member

hmm i don't remember reading about crank pulley. i thought you just had to turn it to tdc? are you sure it has to come off? i can't think of why it would come off.. other than that i'm a bit worried about swapping the camshaft properly and putting cam gear and belt back on. I think the way i'm remembering is trying to slide the timing belt off and then putting it back without loosening the tensioner. any advice for getting pulley off if i need to? i don't have alot of tools just a basic socket set.
Old 11-20-2005
7thgen Terminator Ninja

for getting the crank pulley off, u can use a normal socket set ( if's it's durrable) you can use some nice brute strength, or find a long metal pole to put over the rachet for levelerage
Old 11-20-2005

Originally Posted by booba5185
for getting the crank pulley off, u can use a normal socket set ( if's it's durrable) you can use some nice brute strength, or find a long metal pole to put over the rachet for levelerage
he means just ghetto rig it and work that **** good luck man.

Quick Reply: My car is dead