Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

7th Gen Members Rides Accident's and Crashes Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 7th Gen Members Rides Accident's and Crashes Thread

i thought for sure i would be posting totaled pics tonight (again). i was sitting at a red light with cars stopped in front and on both sides of me, i always check my rear mirror all the time when im sitting still and next thing i know a new mercedes suv is flying up behind me. after he gets close, im thinking theres no way hes gonna be able to stop. in the last 2 seconds he was still going prolly 35mph and i just looked forward, put my head back in the seat, and waited for the bang. and a front bang too cause i had cars in front of me. when i looked back a second later, i couldnt believe he stopped just inches from my bumper, tire noises and all. what a relief! he was prolly on the phone and didnt look up at the road.
Old 01-26-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GreenMachineDX is an unknown quantity at this point

Its them big brakes on mercedes that saved him...
Old 04-22-2010
Registered!!

CivicSky is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow! Haven't posted anything for a long time and can't believe I am posting on the accidents & crashes thread. It happened last night, an out of control Explorer hit me from behind. I lost control and started spinning on the wet road. The Explorer then again hit a CR-V, it lost control and hit my front while spinning. I ended up smashed into a concrete barrier & guardrail on the I-805 overpass. Insurance adjuster will take a look tomorrow. Wonder if it's gonna be total lost?! What do you think? P.S. radiator leaks
Name:  front2.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  39.9 KB
Name:  front1.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  41.6 KB
Name:  back1.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  42.2 KB
Name:  back2.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  33.0 KB
Old 04-23-2010
Registered!!

EM2Newf is an unknown quantity at this point

That sucks dude. Shouldn't be a loss as long as the frame didn't twist. Anything is fixable. As long as the cost to repair isn't to high compared to the value of the car you should be ok.

My wife hit a german sheppard about 6 years ago and the front bumper, hood and door all needed a repaint and some dings knocked out. One of the rad supports busted and make it leak also. Got it replaced right after the accident happened and got the money back from insurance. I also lost a headlight assembly and corner light. Total damage there was about $1500-$2000, can't remember exactly.

Looks like all you are going to need is some new bumpers and some body work and a new rad.

Keep us posted.
Old 04-24-2010
Registered!!

tattooedfreak is an unknown quantity at this point

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture0039.JPG
Views:	150
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	78228

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture0040.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	78229

Not a 7th gen, but I thought I'd share. This WAS a 94 Prelude, had it 3 weeks when this went down. Glad I hadnt dumped any serious cash into it like the 92 Civic hatch that I bought to replace the Lude.
Old 04-24-2010
Registered!!

tjg312 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tattooedfreak
Attachment 78228

Attachment 78229

Not a 7th gen, but I thought I'd share. This WAS a 94 Prelude, had it 3 weeks when this went down. Glad I hadnt dumped any serious cash into it like the 92 Civic hatch that I bought to replace the Lude.
holy **** dude! thats crazy, what happened?
Old 04-24-2010
Registered!!

Swerved to avoid a deer, overcorrected, and whacked a pole. After that I flew down an embankment and hit nose first and rolled it on its roof. Didnt know the car was upside down til I realized I was sittin on the roof and tryin to figure out how to get the **** out. This was at 1 am on the backroads and dark as hell. Fuct up night for sure.
Old 04-25-2010
Registered!!

Awjvail is an unknown quantity at this point

Sucks to be a 94 Prelude.
Old 04-25-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

you probably would have been better off hitting the deer unless you were speeding.
Old 04-25-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lowlife9
you probably would have been better off hitting the deer unless you were speeding.
Easy for you to say, wasnt you. U gonna tell me you'd just smack something and not even make an effort to avoid it, especially being caught off guard? Its called reflexes. By the way I was doing 55 in a 50, hittin a 150 lb animal at that speed would've fuct it up anyway, obviously not as bad, but all I was thinkin about anything but avoiding what just jumped out in front of me.
Old 04-25-2010
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

dam you got some high speed back roads.
Old 04-26-2010
Registered!!

dam you got some high speed back roads.
Dude its fuc*in Maine, I aint in the goddamn city
Old 04-26-2010
Registered!!

tjg312 is an unknown quantity at this point

damn that sucks, yeah it probably would have been better to just hit it but who would've thought that would be the result, same thing probably wouldve happened to me
Old 04-26-2010
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

deer crash can kill you just as much as hitting a solid object.
Old 04-26-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by tjg312
damn that sucks, yeah it probably would have been better to just hit it but who would've thought that would be the result, same thing probably wouldve happened to me
Originally Posted by gearbox
deer crash can kill you just as much as hitting a solid object.
Well its good that someone understands where I was coming from, until you're in that position, you cant say what YOU would've done. Thanks guys.
Old 04-26-2010
Registered!!

you sure it wasn't big foot.
Old 04-26-2010
Registered!!

Also, just to clear it up, I didnt just dump it into the ditch. I swerved left and just overcorrected back to the right. If it was a RWD probably wouldnt have happened because thats what I had always run to that point, lesson learned.
Old 04-26-2010
Registered!!

you sure it wasn't big foot.
You always got something stupid to say huh?
Old 04-26-2010
Registered!!

deer hit at 70mph NSFW.
http://cellar.org/iotd.php?threadid=14137
Old 04-27-2010
Registered!!

All that does is prove my point, not sure what point you're trying to make. Im done w/ this, just give it up. Only a retard would say fu*k it and not even TRY to avoid an accident. What if it was a kid in the road? Oh well, fu*k it, they only weigh 50 lbs, whack em, wont be much damage right? This is like tryin to explain something to a 2 yr old. So everyone remember, if you're ever in this position I guess you should just hammer down and smack what ever is in the road in front of you, according to this guy.
Old 04-27-2010
Registered!!

faerie87 is an unknown quantity at this point

that's gross. (pics of dead deer)

many do say you're not supposed to avoid an animal on the road if you're going relatively fast, you could swerve into another car. but i guess if there's no cars, feel free to swerve. dangerous either way.

although
i had a friend's uncle who died from hitting a deer. antlers pierced through him.

Last edited by faerie87; 04-27-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-27-2010
Premium Member

dont you guys have brakes? lol. i guess a porsche or bimmer couldve stopped in time and save the deer. to be honest, i try and avoid hitting anything if its possible. even with something small (and ive had over 50 animal encounters with no fatalities), you are gonna have blood and guts splattered all over the car and dont think you will ever get that smell or stains off. just be alert and ready to swerve. practice what the car can do so youre not surprised in this situation. if youre on an isolated back road, common sense should tell you there are animals all over and the speed limit doesnt apply.
Old 04-27-2010
Registered!!

i wasn't making a point just posting a pic of a fuked up bambi what u got.but i do have a sneaking suspicion your not telling the hole story.

Last edited by lowlife9; 04-27-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Old 04-29-2010
Registered!!

i wasn't making a point just posting a pic of a fuked up bambi what u got.but i do have a sneaking suspicion your not telling the hole story.
Whatever, quit fuc*kin w/ me. Connecticut aint too far away for a day trip.
Old 04-29-2010
Registered!!

EM2Newf is an unknown quantity at this point

We have moose where I live and those things are frickin huge and most cars like civics end up with the roof half ripped off when they are either driving fast or if they they think that dropping the accelerator to the floor will make them fly over the roof.

No need to get so worked up dude. The big foot comment was just a joke obviously. There are tons of rural roads here and you can do 60MPH on them but it's not recommended and illegal, for obvious reasons.

Just because you can do a particular speed doesn't mean you should, just my opinion. Good thing you didn't get hurt. If you had hit the deer it might have flown threw the windshield and killed you, it happens here quite a bit.
Old 04-29-2010
Registered!!

come on down ill teach you how to drive.
Old 04-30-2010
Registered!!

come on down ill teach you how to drive.
Dont call me out Nolife9, You'll be the one gettin schooled. We dont play games out here in the sticks, lotsa places to dump trash, you have no idea what your fuc*kin with.
Old 04-30-2010
Registered!!

a bunch of hill billy red necks im guessing that can only properly drive pick up trucks.
Old 04-30-2010
Registered!!

a bunch of hill billy red necks im guessing that can only properly drive pick up trucks.
Far from it, just because im in the country dont make me a redneck. I just like being where its quiet and I dont have to put up w/ *******s n trouble, kinda like you. Like I said, dont call me out you aren't too far away. When I say you'll get schooled im not talkin' about drivin', mouthpiece.
Old 04-30-2010
Registered!!

i think you have me confused with somebody that gives a ***.

Quick Reply: 7th Gen Members Rides Accident's and Crashes Thread