Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

7th Gen Members Rides Accident's and Crashes Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cibastianvic is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 7th Gen Members Rides Accident's and Crashes Thread

thats actually funny u mention that, i was talkin to my buddy at work and he told me his cousin just crashed his cobalt ss due to the power steering and debris in the road or something.... wierddd
Old 04-10-2008
Registered!!

dryft will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by CaTacL1sm
@dryft

isnt it if you hit tbone them in the front half its their fault, and the back half its your fault?
i'm not sure, all i know is they had the insurance company convinced over the phone that it was my fault. Once i sent the pictures to the insurance company they sent out an agent to re-inspect my car at my house! Then wrote me a check in my name which i used to buy a body kit. Basically they were like, "Oh, it wasn't your fault".
Old 04-10-2008
Registered!!

dryft will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by cibastianvic
thats actually funny u mention that, i was talkin to my buddy at work and he told me his cousin just crashed his cobalt ss due to the power steering and debris in the road or something.... wierddd
wha wha wha what
my friend JUST totaled his yobalt last week. Rear ended his gf kuz she slammed on her brakes kuz she saw an animal. He was changin a cd er somethin and crunched his front into her VIC, NOOOOO!

hes had the worst luck with the yo, hes hit a deer, been in a hit and run with someone that smashed into one headlight, been t-boned, flat tire kuz he ran em bald, hit a guard rail kuz of snow and one other accident i think.
audi A4 is next for him i think
Old 04-10-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by dryft
i'm not sure, all i know is they had the insurance company convinced over the phone that it was my fault. Once i sent the pictures to the insurance company they sent out an agent to re-inspect my car at my house! Then wrote me a check in my name which i used to buy a body kit. Basically they were like, "Oh, it wasn't your fault".
funny story how i got my 01 civic.... it all started with a 98 rav 4 (dont ask, it was given to me) i sold that for 5000 and bought a 99 civic ex coupe for 2200 cash from this idiot, crashed that car and insurance cut me a check for 4900 and i had it fixed privately for 800, so i had 4100 left over, stupid me i splurged money, and traded in 99 civic for 4000 bucks hahahahahaha.... so bascially i paid 2200 cash for civic, 800 to fix it, and got 10,000 almost back from it, then got my new 01 civic haha...... i hate insurance, but i love em too haha
Old 04-10-2008
Registered!!

heres my 99 civic when i had it, i hit a 8 pt buck goin 65mph....
last two pics are after it was fixed by a friend, and resold haha....

Old 04-10-2008
Registered!!

ex-cobalter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cibastianvic
Originally Posted by dryft
wha wha wha what
my friend JUST totaled his yobalt last week. Rear ended his gf kuz she slammed on her brakes kuz she saw an animal. He was changin a cd er somethin and crunched his front into her VIC, NOOOOO!

hes had the worst luck with the yo, hes hit a deer, been in a hit and run with someone that smashed into one headlight, been t-boned, flat tire kuz he ran em bald, hit a guard rail kuz of snow and one other accident i think.
audi A4 is next for him i think
I am trying to collect some information to see if i can get some sort of compensation, and not get my @$$ handed to me on a silver plated platter. those damn domestics!
Old 04-23-2008
Registered!!

onelowcivic is an unknown quantity at this point

this is my 01 after hitting a Toyota at around 55. $7500 in damage!

Last edited by onelowcivic; 04-23-2008 at 03:52 AM.
Old 04-23-2008
Registered!!

SimonTek is an unknown quantity at this point

"#2. One week back from the repair shop, some guy tries to make a left turn from the middle lane while i was on his left. T-boned his ***. Damaged hood, fender, bumper."

You live in LA too? Had that happen in West LA. Man I was pissed.
Old 05-06-2008
Registered!!

LuciouzSOHC is an unknown quantity at this point

about a week after i purchased my civic my dad hit my bumper n now theres a gap. the messed up part is that he didn't tell me till 3 days later it was him who hit me. ill try to post pictures later
Old 06-08-2008
Registered!!

aliefjoker has a spectacular aura aboutaliefjoker has a spectacular aura about

I had to leave my car at a repair shop so I let my best friend pick it up and drive it until I come back in town. He didn't even have my car for an hour and he did this:

He said he was parked on the side of a street and was u-turning and bumped into another car. I'm having a hard time believing the story when the new repair shop is telling me that the tie rod and struts need to be replaced since the car isn't drivable.

Prime example of why I'm an ******* on not letting people drive my vehicles I own

Oh and to top it off, those rims are brand new (Purchased 5/24) and that's the second time they've been ****ed up
Old 10-11-2008
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute

I never thought I would post this in here....well, after having civic for 7 years plus, this happened....the estimate came out to $5700...enough to declare total....

Old 10-11-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

ouch that sucks, the retrofit! wow that doesnt look like much damage at all but i guess maybe i cant see everything. how much are they giving you?
Old 10-11-2008
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute

thanks, steve.......
I went to dealer and they punched some numbers and they said check's going to be around $8000...that's nice for 01 civic with 113K miles...
went to pick up ballasts and swap the rims but the car was taken...

went for a test drive on 09 Civic Si....it's really nice and fast...it's either civic or fit....
Old 10-11-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

civic si !!!!!!!!!!! 8k is not bad at all. too bad they took the car already tho. then you can go on 8thcivic and start the modding again hehe
Old 10-11-2008
Registered!!

09 civic SI's had different rims....ones that are similar to accord alloy rims....not the same tho...
driving experience I did not feel much difference between SI and my old car since it already had 17 inch wheels with tokico blue shocks....SI had more power and you could feel the drive by wire lag....

also test drove the LX automatic as well...it felt like a different car....it felt softer compared to my civic...and felt slower than my 5 speed...

SI was very comparable to my civic not by much tho....had more power in the upper range...It's going to be either 08 or 09 civic SI or 04 Civic SI hatchback....

they got my 215-45-17 wheels with tires and my retro headlights with ballasts and bulbs...

I have already set my minds on retro....
Old 10-15-2008
Registered!!

WAZ-4169 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: 7th Gen Members Rides Accident's and Crashes Thread

i hit a tree in my ej9 n got it back on the road not long after the pix r on this page under crash n recovery photo album lol

http://www.bebo.com/WAZ_4169

made a rite mess but got it sorted no prob so it aint all bad news with civic crashin.... apart from an m3 hittin my m8s ej9 n writin it off 3 days ago lol
Old 11-02-2008
Registered!!

kugmo is an unknown quantity at this point

Go my rear light hit...that really suck!
Old 11-09-2008
Registered!!

Geoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Have had the car for about a year and a half i have had 2 major accidents and a couple minors here and there

1st: one week after i got my car i let my cusin borrow it didnt know he was with his friend his buddy tried 2 race and wen my cuzin was turning his buddy hit my door and fender, cost my cuzin 650 to fix it.

2nd: was leaving a parking lot didnt realize how far out a truck was and got my fender smashed in on the same side my cusin messed it up! so bought a new ebay fender got it painted by some dude total cost around 300, macco was gonna charge 1200!

also lady hit me goin 5mph pushed rear bumper in a lil, and last week i hit a volvo backing in made me feel like an idiot
Old 12-10-2008
Registered!!

hazima20 is an unknown quantity at this point

gotta 2001 civic sedan ex. went to the mall... came out as sum old lady is pulling out and scraping my driver side door...QQ
Old 12-10-2008
Registered!!

wannaBstuntin is an unknown quantity at this point

Ouch. Did you get her info?
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

96civicakaej is an unknown quantity at this point

well mine wasn't a 7th gen maybe i'm at the wrong place
but my ek was ran over(t-boned) by a trail blazer on my passenger side. My car looked like a smashed egg shell sad sad
that car was so awesome. I menage to sell my gsr rims to my friend for 300 and my alarm and stereo for 100 and i sold my motor and the scrap shell for about 450 to an online company which came to pick it up. sad sad
The car was dropped with skunk camber kits and springs and was planning on putting a super charger in it too =(
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

damn
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Geoo
Have had the car for about a year and a half i have had 2 major accidents and a couple minors here and there

1st: one week after i got my car i let my cusin borrow it didnt know he was with his friend his buddy tried 2 race and wen my cuzin was turning his buddy hit my door and fender, cost my cuzin 650 to fix it.

2nd: was leaving a parking lot didnt realize how far out a truck was and got my fender smashed in on the same side my cusin messed it up! so bought a new ebay fender got it painted by some dude total cost around 300, macco was gonna charge 1200!

also lady hit me goin 5mph pushed rear bumper in a lil, and last week i hit a volvo backing in made me feel like an idiot

lol damn no offense you sound like a bad driver haha =O
Old 04-06-2009
Pistol grip pump in my lap at all times

mr22508 is a jewel in the roughmr22508 is a jewel in the roughmr22508 is a jewel in the rough

Here is mine...Was parked in front of mother-in-laws house, girl lost control in her pt cruiser and slammed into it. Dealing with insurance now, will post details of the fix later.

Name:  100_1933.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  123.7 KB
Old 08-12-2009
Registered!!

madAd is an unknown quantity at this point

Well here's my now beater that I've driven and loved since brand new, with 162,000 on it now. Back in April some ******* in front of me driving a new Silverado decided he was going to pull off to the right, into a freeway ramp area, then proceeded to pull a U-turn in front of me without stopping or even looking. It was raining, I would have been fine because he was a little ways ahead of me when he did this, but once he got into the oncoming lane he spun out and came back across my lane. Apparently I wasn't able to stop in time, T-boned him, bounced back to my right straight into a guard rail. Luckily I wasn't moving too fast by the time I hit him.

BTW, I didn't have collision, took it off in '06 because the car was paid for. So that's why it looks like it does now.

So far I have replaced the left control arm, knuckle, bearing, balljoint, headlight, and threw in an AEM short ram just to try to make it feel better, since this was the first money I had to put into it since I bought it, besides oil changes. I also have a hood, and both fenders, but I need to get someone to replace my radiator core support before I can put them on, because the underbody on the left side is bent out of shape.

But hey, the other guy had his truck that mommy and daddy bought for him fixed in less than a week, I got a whole $500 from his ins. co.. And now I see he's gotten some new 20"s on there too, but he said he couldn't afford to help me out when I offered to not file a mini-tort in exchange for some monetary help. Gotta love Michigan's no-fault insurance laws.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00677.jpg
Views:	1736
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	77107  
Old 08-22-2009
Registered!!

Island2K2 is an unknown quantity at this point

broken balljoint
Name:  IMG_0257.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  95.8 KB
Name:  IMG_0258.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  84.1 KB
Old 09-13-2009
Registered!!

Rambler is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I am new here. Actually this is my first post. I had this accident recently in my 02' Civic EX I bought only 6 months ago, and it set off a buying frenzy. I am in the process of painting now with new coats of R513 with metal flake (3 oz metal flake added to 1 gallon of paint) and just a litlle pearl added to the clear coat.
I got a cf hood and trunk lid, and bullet fiberglass fenders, as well as 17" wheels and tires, and an Injen cold air intake. I also bought a body kit, which is probably considered too flashy, or ricey as some may call it, but it should look ok when completed. I hope it doesnt turn out to look dumb, if so, I can always change it later. After all of the cosmetics are completed, I will get another engine in the shop to build, and eventually replace the stock one. I should have focused on the engine build first, but the accident set this whole thing off.
Oh yea.....ignore the crappy muffler tip, it was on the car when I bought it. Got plans for that too, but I dont know which exhaust system to get yet, I want it quiet, or very mild.
I also plan on changing my interior from beige to black and grey.
I find this project consumes alot of cash, so it will be a slow, but enjoyable build. Btw, this is a great forum with alot of information and tips to learn from. Thanks for the input.

Name:  014.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  156.7 KB
Name:  048.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  103.1 KB
Name:  046.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  84.4 KB
Name:  044.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  97.8 KB
Name:  045.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  97.7 KB

Last edited by Rambler; 09-13-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 09-15-2009
Registered!!

jerseymike68 is an unknown quantity at this point

useful sources here
Old 11-21-2009
Registered!!

tjg312 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey guys, first time poster here. been lurking it for a couple months though since I got my civic, but got in my first accident.
was following 2 of my friends going to their place. was my friend's jeep in the front, and then my other friend had a truck, 2006 nissan frontier. Anyways, there was this miata in front of the jeep who for no reason at all, just slams on his breaks and comes to a complete stop, and then takes off.
The jeep in front ends up swerving out into the other lane, and I see my friend in my truck slam his breaks. When that happened, i couldn't see what was going on because there was this big *** truck in front of me. But I hit my breaks too, and end up hitting him and going under his bumper a bit. He didn't even notice it at first but stopped just a bit down the road. Miata just drove off like nothing happened, cop gave me a written warning since i've never been in involved with the cops before

guess I got lucky with not having my airbags going off, but getting it fixed for ~$3500. didn't have collision insurance since i'm 17 and it would be really expensive. sucks though, just got this 03 EX 2 months ago as my first car

Last edited by tjg312; 11-21-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Old 12-07-2009
Registered!!

CLH2991 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've never had a wreck, but my '02 was hit under the care of the previous owner in 04. Somebody hit her while she was stopped, and shoved her into the car in front of her.

Replaced the front bumper/grille, hood, fenders, condenser, muffler, rear bumper, quarter glass, and some other stuff. Total damage was about $4,000. Genuine Honda parts, and I've got a full service record. Works for me.

Quick Reply: 7th Gen Members Rides Accident's and Crashes Thread