Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Saving up for a new car, what should i get?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
I still say IS300, best combo of sport, hp, luxury, reliability, high resale value and has 4dr sensitibilty. If you really want hp, you can do all the supra swaps, TT and have like 1000hp. Thats what i want to do. Yeah i agree don't buy german cars for a daily driver because i guranatee you will be making trips to the dealer.
Old 03-17-2005
Registered!!

12sec elcamino is an unknown quantity at this point
About my post on the Vette, I can guarantee that there will be less than 8mpg difference between a Vette and another car that was mentioned. Thats given you drive like a civilized person, and remember, gas milage depends on how heavy your foot is. My frineds father has one and he get low 20's in the city and high 20's on the highway, not bad for a car that makes almost 400hp. He drives like an adult though. Plus a Corvette screams class. I dont care what any body says, if there is a clean Corvette in any parking lot people look, no matter what year it is. A 10 year old compact car is just a 10 year old compact car, no matter how big the wing is. Im just saying for the money, a Vette is a VERY good value and will always be a classy ride, espically for the money this dude wants to throw at a car.
Old 03-17-2005
Registered!!

12sec elcamino is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh, and for the person that said Hondas dont decrease in Value much, WTF? Sticker on my 03 ex coupe 5speed was 18,586 new, now with 42k on it now its worth about 10 grand. I think thats pretty crappy for a car to loose 40 percent of its value in two years, my girlfriends BMW 528i is worth more than my car and hers is a 1998. I would not buy a German car my self, however, I dont think Hondas live up the standards that is claimed by so many people. My Civic costs about twice as much to insure than my Explorer did, and it cost about 10 grand more, I would almost pay someone to steal my car so I could get someting else thats more reliable than my Civic.
Old 03-17-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
^^^^
how is a manual 18k? My auto with tax and fees came out to 18k and thats when the 04's just came out. No one pays sticker for there civics. The resale value on a honda is probably going to be higher then any domestic, when you compare cars within the same class.

Insurance might be higher because civics tend to be stolen more, get into more accidents since there more of them on the road, or if you have a 2dr your car is classified as a sports car. There many reasons why your paying more insurance for your civic. That isn't the same for everyone, its all based on your record and location. I know AAA classifies anything with two doors as a sports car, i know its dumb, but the kind of prices insurance charges is dumb as well.

I'm not saying honda's are the best in the world, but there the better in the areas i mentioned. corvettes are nice, i like the new redesigned one thats coming out, but i'd rather have a g35 then a corvette if your talking about cars in that price range. In the end its your money, just buy what you like.