Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Saving up for a new car, what should i get?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005
Electric Boogaloo...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
I'd say put the money in a mutual fund, or buy some land. Do something that'll be beneficial in the long run.
Old 03-01-2005
I Sell Magazines!!!

AzNDrivn is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by PopcornPlaya
I'd say put the money in a mutual fund, or buy some land. Do something that'll be beneficial in the long run.
Hehe, nahh. The money is for a car, i already got my own little ebay business makling pretty good money right now and in about 2 years my dad will retire and give me his business, which makes about 10-15k a month. so i will be set, i just want a good car now might also consider buying a bike.
Old 03-01-2005
I Sell Magazines!!!

Well now, i gotta decide between Evo and RSX-S. Can someone compare these 2? Pro's and Con's?
Old 03-01-2005
Fiji Club Member

HondaGuy12 is on a distinguished road

or

you make the decision...
Old 03-01-2005
Fiji Club Member

HondaGuy12 is on a distinguished road
The Rsx type s (2005)

This power is packaged nicely in a 2.0L four-cylinder engine with Honda's new i-VTEC variable valve timing system. Unlike the old VTEC system, where the power kicked in at incredibly high engine speeds, the i-VTEC system allows power to come in all throughout the power band while maintaining excellent fuel economy and low emissions.

The RSX Type-S's emissions are so low, in fact, that it is received CARB's LEV-2 classification. That means cleaner air for all involved. Now don't think that the LEV-2 classification neuters the car. The RSX Type-S is an absolute blast to drive.
The Type-S also gets a little more rubber—215/45R-17 Michelin HX MXM4s on 7.0-by-17-inch aluminum wheels versus the 205/55R-16s on 6.5-by-16-inch alloys previously employed. And the all-disc brake system has had updates to improve pedal feel. Bigger footprints, augmented by wider wheels and suspension tweaks, ought to add up to more grip, better transient response, and better stopping. And they do, although not, shall we say, dramatically.

Evo

RS
Comes standard with a factory performance-tuned 2.0-liter, DOHC, 16-valve, turbocharged engine with 276 horsepower and 286 lb-ft torque - front-mounted air-to-air intercooler - close-ratio 5-speed manual transmission - full-time AWD with electronically governed Active Center Differential and driver-selectable mode: Tarmac, Snow or Gravel - aluminum roof panel, front fenders and hood - rear-end lateral chassis stiffener - turbo boost gauge kit - aluminum sport pedals - 4-wheel ventilated BREMBO® disc brakes - 17" x 8" ENKEI® alloy wheels - W-speed rated Yokohama P235/45 ADVAN® high-grip, soft-compound radial tires - front Recaro® Sport bucket seats with premium sport fabric - 5 M/T Aluminum Shift **** - leather-wrapped MOMO® three-spoke steering wheel and more.

VII

Comes standard with a factory performance-tuned 2.0-liter, DOHC, 16-valve, turbocharged engine with 276 horsepower and 286 lb-ft torque - front-mounted air-to-air intercooler - close-ratio 5-speed manual transmission - full-time AWD with electronically governed Active Center Differential and driver-selectable mode: Tarmac, Snow or Gravel - aluminum front fenders and hood - 4-wheel ventilated BREMBO® disc brakes with 4-channel anti-lock system (ABS) and Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD) - 17" x 8" ENKEI® alloy wheels - W-speed-rated Yokohama P235/45 ADVAN® high-grip, soft-compound radial tires - color-keyed rear spoiler with carbon-fiber airfoil - front Recaro® Sport bucket seats with premium sport fabric - leather-wrapped MOMO® three-spoke steering wheel - 140-watt CD audio system with 6 speakers - available 315-watt Infinity® CD audio system with 6 speakers plus trunk-mounted subwoofer - available front Charcoal leather-surfaced Recaro® seats - keyless entry system and more.

There are your specs.. can i get some rep points? dont hold em back..lol

Last edited by HondaGuy12; 03-01-2005 at 05:19 PM.
Old 03-01-2005
I went to prison a boy and came out a man with a sore ass!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
QBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of light
Evo 8 is 16 psi isn't it?
Old 03-01-2005
Registered!!

R3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to all
i want an STi as well. its top on my list besides the s2000 and g35 coupe.
Old 03-01-2005
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
Lancer Evo
Old 03-01-2005
Registered!!

nickm748 is an unknown quantity at this point
You should save up for a search button becuse this has been covered 12879182377123 times before

jk get the 350
Old 03-01-2005
Samoan<^>(-_-)<^>Power

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
krayziebonet4l is an unknown quantity at this point
rsx-s
Old 03-01-2005
Registered!!

liqdeznutz is an unknown quantity at this point
I would say go for the g35 coupe. It not only has 298HP but it looks much better than every selecyion you have mentioned. Not to mention it is a luxury coupe with great looks. You will not only have speed but luxury.

g35 coupe 6 Speed Manuel Transmission all the way.
Old 03-01-2005
Registered!!

ciVictoria will become famous soon enoughciVictoria will become famous soon enough
I say go for the STi..If not get a Supra <3
Old 03-01-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
g35 coupe would be nice. either rsx-s g35 coupe or 350z.
Old 03-01-2005
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
Evo IX
Old 03-01-2005
I Sell Magazines!!!

haha, everyone is giving different opinions. Well i have narrowed it down to Lancer Evo VIII or RSX-S .
Old 03-01-2005
I Sell Magazines!!!

See, i like the look of RSX and that it's 2 door, but i like the evo for turbo stock. If i add about 5k-10k of mods to the rsx, would it match or beat an STI or EVO?
Old 03-01-2005

Titleist71 can only hope to improve
Originally Posted by infinite012
roof scoop? where?
on the JDM STi....lol......only in Japan.
Old 03-01-2005

Originally Posted by AzNDrivn
See, i like the look of RSX and that it's 2 door, but i like the evo for turbo stock. If i add about 5k-10k of mods to the rsx, would it match or beat an STI or EVO?
no..no...no...no....it won't. You'd need 500 whp and a prayer of traction to beat it. Top end yeah maybe stay with it. Come on man.......the STi has soooo much torque........the EVo pulls like a monster til redline.......get the EVo you won't be sorry......
Old 03-01-2005

plus you get the stage 2 kit from Buschurracing.com for like 2,000 and you have 320 whp at ur disposal........
Old 03-01-2005

Originally Posted by QBoi
Evo 8 is 16 psi isn't it?
19 i believe then it drops back to like 16...not 100%
Old 03-01-2005
I Sell Magazines!!!

Originally Posted by Titleist71
plus you get the stage 2 kit from Buschurracing.com for like 2,000 and you have 320 whp at ur disposal........
hm... sounds good.. lol but i still have a hard time picking evo over rsx. man i wish i can just get both
Old 03-01-2005

ughhhh.....come on.......this is easy........just test drive one....lol......you won't want to get out of it......yeah....test drive a evo and then go drive the rsx and you'll say holy crapola the rsx is slow as death....thats what i said after i drove this..........I thought my car was fast and its turbo and can keep up with a RSX....hmmm lemme see yeah EVo/STi without a doubt.
Old 03-01-2005
I Sell Magazines!!!

It's that hood scoop that kills me. I dont like that. Is there aftermarket CF for example hood that does not have a hood scoop that big?
Old 03-01-2005
Registered!!

itskalvin will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Titleist71
ughhhh.....come on.......this is easy........just test drive one....lol......you won't want to get out of it......yeah....test drive a evo and then go drive the rsx and you'll say holy crapola the rsx is slow as death....thats what i said after i drove this..........I thought my car was fast and its turbo and can keep up with a RSX....hmmm lemme see yeah EVo/STi without a doubt.

in so cali they dont let people acutally test drive the evo unless they put down a down payment i'm not sure about the STI, i guess because they are afraid people will jack it up. my friend has the EVO MR and thats what the dealer told him (the manager was friends with his dad) also hes getting 12 miles to the gallon so thats another thing you have to watch out for unless you dont care about gas cost haha
Old 03-01-2005
I Sell Magazines!!!

12 miles to the gallon? wow that sucks. I dont think i would want a 12 miles to a gallon daily driver.
Old 03-01-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
if you get an RSX-S an excelent mod would be a jackson racing supercharger with upgraded boost pully. thatll run you about $4000 + install. you can keep stock internals so that saves you money. you can also just get a nice exhaust and intake with that setup and you have a nice RSX-S with close to 300 horses at the wheels....and no turbo unreliability to battle.

Thats what I would do. I will even round down alot: 270hp @ 7 psi (supercharged) is FAR better than 270hp @ 19? psi no matter how you see it. the boost on the evo is too high for what you are getting out of it IMO. Plus all that extra torque...130ft-lbs @ 2000 rpm is ALOT!!!
http://www.jacksonracing.com/graphic...RSX3.4dyno.jpg

problem is thats the racing supercharger and not street legal so you better make sure the mechanic installing it likes you and will forge inspection.
Old 03-01-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by AzNDrivn
It's that hood scoop that kills me. I dont like that. Is there aftermarket CF for example hood that does not have a hood scoop that big?

im like 90% sure intercooler/cooler-of-some-kind is right under that scoop thus the huge ugliness. thats so offensive though. i agree.
Old 03-01-2005
I Sell Magazines!!!

So supercharger is illegal? I'd rather stay in the legal zone
Old 03-01-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by diskreet
im like 90% sure intercooler/cooler-of-some-kind is right under that scoop thus the huge ugliness. thats so offensive though. i agree.
yeah, intercooler under there. at least the scoop is functional though, unlike some cars. *cough* mustang *cough*
Old 03-01-2005
I Sell Magazines!!!

So EVO vs STI pro's and con's?

Quick Reply: Saving up for a new car, what should i get?