Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

OMFG my car is wrecked!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005
Got the broccoli in my back pocket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2k3kansasEX is an unknown quantity at this point
that is so not way super jiggy illified cool
Old 01-26-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Well it's all gonna work out. Thanks everyone for your replies. I went to the hospital and turns out I have mild wiplash so prolly gonna be in pain for a few weeks but it should go away. Car is going in the shop next week hopefully and getting everything fixed. It's gonna be alot of stuff including new seats and maybe shocks cause the car isn't sitting right, and alignment. Basically the insurance is paying for everything like I said $6-8k prolly alot more. There's frame damage but it's fixable. I'm not losing the car
Old 01-26-2005
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
sweet gearbox must be a big relief. hopefully the car is the same as before when it's fixed.
Old 01-26-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
ya it better be. It's just so much stuff they're gonna need to do but I expect it to be the same as it was. Alright, I can go ship out your intake now.
Old 01-26-2005
Registered!!

03civda is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry gearbox. glad you are ok and sounds like your car will be too.
Old 01-26-2005
Premium Member

shmik1 has disabled reputation
make em pay for everything u can DEFINITY new springs+shocks if it doesnt sit right, get KYB AGX... or if u wan stick em for enuf get Konis and all the install work for that too :P prolly not Konis tho cause thats some modding ... see if u can replace EVERYTHING like camber kits too and all that little detail stuff... keep us posted dude, sounds like things are getting better
Old 01-26-2005
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by shmik1
make em pay for everything u can DEFINITY new springs+shocks if it doesnt sit right, get KYB AGX... or if u wan stick em for enuf get Konis and all the install work for that too :P prolly not Konis tho cause thats some modding ... see if u can replace EVERYTHING like camber kits too and all that little detail stuff... keep us posted dude, sounds like things are getting better
That would be something if they went and replaced camber kits and all that. When I was hit, the insurance company just cut me check for the damage on the car and siad get it fix ed however you want, so tossed in a little extra and got all kinds of stuff, it was a good deal for me. To bad you got whiplash though, that's gonna hurt
Old 01-26-2005
Premium Member

shmik1 has disabled reputation
yea I have no idea how it all works but IMO they should replace everything that was broken, right?..
Old 01-26-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
Wow. I only read this thread now. I hope you get a lot more than 6-8k. Good luck with everything.
Old 01-26-2005
Registered!!

xtreme26 has a spectacular aura aboutxtreme26 has a spectacular aura aboutxtreme26 has a spectacular aura about
damm that SUCKS, i hope u feel better
Old 01-26-2005
Premium Member

Surprisingly I'm taking this pretty well. I gues in a month I'll have the car back, and only a few weks before pain stops I hope. It's not even that bad that I need medecine for it. I'm just gonna have to make sure they do everything like the seat and suspension which I know is messed up. Might even need a camber kit, exhaust, etc.
Old 01-26-2005
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
thats really good man, i was praying that my insurance company wouldnt total my car, i was NOT in the position to be making payments on a car again. Good for you.
Old 01-26-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Good luck fixing it up. Some lady tried to cause an accident 2 days ago. She was turning right into a neighborhood, and I was turning right out of the neighborhood. She had her blinker on, and slowed down enough to turn, right then I started pulling out. She turned off her blinker, and slammed on the gas. Started laughing immediately. I have never seen a b**** drive that rude and stupid. She intentionally tried to cause an accident. I decided to get on her a**. I followed her through about 5 turns over about 4 miles. She lost me at a light, I than caught up to her about a mile and a half down the road. She had to of been freaked the F out. She was laughing with her friend about it so hard. They wanted money out of me, but instead they probably sh** their pants. I hate stupid drivers. At least your getting some money out of it. Ive had 4 accidents, 2 in the civic, and never gotten a dime. Only when broken into, I got some money.
Old 01-26-2005
Registered!!

03AzNsIlvaSeDaN is an unknown quantity at this point
I just read this thread now...dayum...hope ur feeling better gearbox!! Physically, and mentally!! Your gonna get ur car back as it was b4!! Hope everything goes well man, take care.
Old 01-26-2005
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 2K1Civic17"Gabe
Good luck fixing it up. Some lady tried to cause an accident 2 days ago. She was turning right into a neighborhood, and I was turning right out of the neighborhood. She had her blinker on, and slowed down enough to turn, right then I started pulling out. She turned off her blinker, and slammed on the gas. Started laughing immediately. I have never seen a b**** drive that rude and stupid. She intentionally tried to cause an accident. I decided to get on her a**. I followed her through about 5 turns over about 4 miles. She lost me at a light, I than caught up to her about a mile and a half down the road. She had to of been freaked the F out. She was laughing with her friend about it so hard. They wanted money out of me, but instead they probably sh** their pants. I hate stupid drivers. At least your getting some money out of it. Ive had 4 accidents, 2 in the civic, and never gotten a dime. Only when broken into, I got some money.
foolish woman! she deserve's to be bitch slapped!
Old 01-26-2005
Registered!!

civic21 is an unknown quantity at this point
man that sucks but i'm glad to here your okay.
Old 01-27-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
yeah glad to hear your ok. Sux about what happened to the car. Especially all that time you spent modding it.
Old 02-01-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
holy s, good thing you're ok though.
Old 02-02-2005
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
Man - what a waste. I would have taken the money and put it as a nice down payment on a nice car actually.....

Screw the civic....

Oh well, hope you feel better!
Old 02-02-2005
Premium Member

Lol where you been? How's the turbo doing... I actually can't see myself driving another car anymore. Glad they're fixing it.
Old 02-02-2005
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by gearbox
Lol where you been? How's the turbo doing... I actually can't see myself driving another car anymore. Glad they're fixing it.

Heh - I've been lurking lately. Haven't had the time to really post a whole lot as I just bought a house, plus a new girfriend (yeah, that's right - opto has a woman finally!)....Both I must enjoy!

The turbo is holding its own. Eventually I would like to sell the mods, the car, and get something with a nice supercharger in it....who knows, maybe sometime when I can afford it!
Old 02-02-2005
Registered!!

AlienX will become famous soon enough
sorry to hear that gear ! your car was super clean. Hope everything works out for the best.