Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

I want it this low

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EM2 Rookie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I want it this low

Name:  4906045031_a92bdde95a_b.jpg
Views: 1212
Size:  186.9 KB

Name:  4906633176_b390acb1e2_b.jpg
Views: 1091
Size:  109.2 KB

this guy is low
n he has stretched tires
just an example
Old 01-13-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
it's just that if if ever the guy comes to high cornering forces, well, the tire could simply fall off the wheel in the inside due to the direction of the forces. ever seem how much a tire could twist during cornering? (PS: drifting is in kinetical friction, so the actual grip is lower than non-drift conditions).
stretched tires actually have less flex when cornering.as long as you use higher PSI and check them on a daily basis stretched tires are fine.

Last edited by lowlife9; 01-13-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Old 01-13-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

yeah, stretched tires are totally fine, just as they don't fail as a result of the extra strain on he highway.
Old 01-13-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lowlife9
stretched tires actually have less flex when cornering.as long as you use higher PSI and check them on a daily basis stretched tires are fine.
they might.
but working for a tire company, and the potential square footprint of the tires does not amuse me. Safe? could be.
but don't want to do it, but that will be a personal preference, so let's leave that at it

Last edited by sdaidoji; 01-14-2011 at 01:44 AM.
Old 01-14-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by EM2 Rookie
tire stretch would help if its all show n no go
like i said before
all show no go
not a function upgrade, rather a form upgrade
not performance just show
my point has been proven
Old 01-14-2011
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

It would be cheaper to just get skinnier/shorter tires/wheels with a stickier compound. The camber on that will make you eat up tires very quickly. And will result in less traction. The "hella flush" look is definately all show and no go.
Old 01-14-2011
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

as long as your not obsurdly stretched 195/50 or 205/40 on a 8 inch wide tire your good. and id say your no more in danger then these people driving around with old worn dry rotted tires.
Old 01-14-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

this guy is low
n he has stretched tires
just an example
Where did you find those pictures- is that a member on this site or a different one? I dont recognize the car, but its pretty damn clean.

Tire stretching Wasnt this done by drifters that couldnt get the right size tires for their rims, and just made do with what they could get since they burn through them daily?

Get a set of fully adjustable coilovers and you can drop it super low, also get a rear camber kit and roll your fenders. You'll have some negative camber which will mess your handling up on everything from straight highways to curvey roads and eat through tires pretty quick, but that sounds like what you want.
Old 01-14-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lowlife9
as long as your not obsurdly stretched 195/50 or 205/40 on a 8 inch wide tire your good. and id say your no more in danger then these people driving around with old worn dry rotted tires.
posting it that way, i will have to comply
Old 01-14-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

The only way to go that low is a fully built suspension.

Coil overs will put you that low, but you need to upgrade every other part of the suspension to handle the tough conditions that being that low create. Definitely possible to do for a couple thousand though.

Thats a member on Honda-Tech btw, it's also k-swapped.
Old 01-14-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

like the LCA's he have in the picture

Originally Posted by TRIZ
but that sounds like what you want.
that's actually not EM2 rookie, he just posted his opinion here

Last edited by sdaidoji; 01-14-2011 at 04:11 PM.
Old 01-14-2011
Registered!!

yeah that guy is on hondatek i think hes on 24k gold plated work wheels.
Old 01-14-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sk8nbmxr411 is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.honda- tech.com/showthread.php?t=2674665

This is that cars show thread.
Old 01-14-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

hunh.
On the threads, the camber seem a little more even F/R than the pics here, so might be a little better than i initially thought. The 2nd pic in here the fronts seems with a little less camber, which threw a flag on me (bad experiences with excessive rear camber previously).
I do agree also that the car is clean looking and very good, if not for the excessive low off-set (to each one, its own, iguess)
Old 01-14-2011
Registered!!

i think he's on 17x7 front and 17x8 rear work vs sx rims
n yea i believe he is K24 swapped he's probably 185/45/17 on the back and 175/45/17 on the front, idk if thats 100% right but a guess

Originally Posted by MindBomber
The only way to go that low is a fully built suspension.

Coil overs will put you that low, but you need to upgrade every other part of the suspension to handle the tough conditions that being that low create. Definitely possible to do for a couple thousand though.
i completely agree with you

and yes he's on honda-tech
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2822667

Last edited by EM2 Rookie; 01-14-2011 at 08:03 PM.
Old 01-14-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

i think he's on 17x7 front and 17x8 rear work vs sx rims
n yea i believe he is K24 swapped he's probably 185/45/17 on the back and 175/45/17 on the front, idk if thats 100% right but a guess
That would be an absolutely insane stretch. Without going through his build thread, I'd say guess at 205/40/17-195/40/17 or 215/40/17-205/40/17
Old 01-16-2011
Registered!!

klein1121 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know how low he is sittin. I want that low. Dont care for the streched tire. I just want low.
Old 01-16-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Thats probably a 4 inch drop, basically coilovers set as low as possible.

Getting that low isn't simple though, there's a lot of parts needed just to ensure your car can handle it.
Old 01-16-2011
Registered!!

start with some roll center adjusters and go from there some rear extended top hats wouldn'd hurt either
Old 01-16-2011
Registered!!

darkhonda2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BlackonBlackEM2
So i have skunk2 lowering springs on my em2 but i want to go lower, more in the back. Here is an example of how i want it. How can i achieve this? oh and those are 17's

hey BoB, I know what you mean these cars look sick tucked like that, and I was like that last year but unless you can roll the fenders enough to get 0 camber you will blow out tires in about 6-8 months ( trust me) but if you set it up about an inch higher than that i think with rolled it will be just fine. my car is up for the winter so Im just above riding flush.
Old 09-29-2011
Registered!!

soo its been a good min since this thread has been posted on but
nitto makes a tire for negative camber
nitto neo gens
they lasted 2x as long as my kumho ecstas
but theyr 100$ each
harder rubber compound on the inside for negative camber