Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

I want it this low

Old 10-03-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BlackonBlackEM2 is an unknown quantity at this point
I want it this low

So i have skunk2 lowering springs on my em2 but i want to go lower, more in the back. Here is an example of how i want it. How can i achieve this? oh and those are 17's

Name:  civic005.jpg
Views: 4846
Size:  99.8 KB
Old 10-03-2010
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough
Re: I want it this low

Use google it is your best friend.

AND COILOVERS!
Old 10-03-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

no, no, no! I can't resist! I tried to stay away froim the site, i swear! but this is too funny! I will still be lurking here, but will be pick to what to answer.
Wide body kit, so you don't rub the tires in fenders. or
155/45R13 so you do not rub the tires in the fenders. or
Camber kit and huge neg camber, so tires does not rub. Be prepared to forget any cornering above 20MPH, rears will grab and front tires will not, so just go staright your driveway and back up to the parking lot). or
A good fender roller - check before if it can roll that far on 17".
And don't forget special bumpstops so you do not blow the shocks. Think you will not notice the harsh ride they will cause anyway (need to have sensibility sensors for that).
Jokes aside, think it will fit after a fender roll. Be prepared to a crappy ride. hope you have a latina butt.

Last edited by sdaidoji; 10-03-2010 at 05:34 PM.
Old 10-03-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, thats hella flush lol

anyways, I'd prolly go air rides to change it to however low/high you want
Old 10-03-2010
Registered!!

I want to do it fast and easy. also will having like 16's or maybe even 15's drop my car more without creating fender gap?
Old 10-03-2010
Low and slow!

Originally Posted by BlackonBlackEM2
I want to do it fast and easy. also will having like 16's or maybe even 15's drop my car more without creating fender gap?
Going that low is not fast and easy so get that out of your head. You are going to have to get coilovers, camber kit, 15" rims with low profile tires. Then you are going to have to roll your fenders as well and have your camber way negative which will take tires very quickly.
Old 10-04-2010
Registered!!

full coilovers or sleeves and what does roll your fenders mean? also will just putting on 16's or 15's with my already lowering springs, drop my car more without creating more fender gap?
Old 10-04-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

that is how the wheels will end up... There is not enough space for the wheels in the fenders, so you will need to push then out.
http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/f.../photo_01.html
like my first post says, it will be just ridiculous.
http://www.eastwood.com/fender-roller-car-kit-2-pc.html

Last edited by sdaidoji; 10-04-2010 at 04:59 PM.
Old 10-04-2010
Registered!!

wow thats ugly. so it cant be tucked like in the picture i posted?
Old 10-04-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

see 2nd link - that's the fender roller.
and like i said before, you will have a crappy ride, you will feel every bump in the road, so i will not take any responsibility on you doing that.
Just trying to make you realize that that height is really not a good idea.
Old 10-04-2010
Registered!!

but man it looks so sick!
Old 10-04-2010
Low and slow!

It does look sick and gives a very aggresive look but the ride is crap and you scrap on everything. Plus the fact that low with the camber like that you will be going through tires alot.
Old 10-04-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Originally Posted by BlackonBlackEM2
but man it looks so sick!
g'luck. at least you have been warned.
You are free to do whatever you want to the car until the point it becomes hazardous (the extreme camber is hazardous, actually...).
maybe someone else that did it will butt in here.

Last edited by sdaidoji; 10-04-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 10-04-2010
Registered!!

i see. i still have the question, will just putting on 16's or 15's with my already lowering springs, drop my car more without creating more fender gap?
Old 10-04-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

If you do rims properly, the wheel gap won't change.

Unless you want an unnecessarily shitty ride and a speedometer that doesn't really work accurately, then by all means, grab some hella low profile tires
Old 10-04-2010
Registered!!

so it will drop it a lil more?
Old 10-04-2010
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

No.

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
If you do rims properly, the wheel gap won't change.
to illustrate, an image from discounttire.com

Notice how although the rim size increases, the overall tire outer diameter remains approximately the same. Thus, it will neither raise NOR lower your car.

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 10-04-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Old 10-04-2010
Low and slow!

Nice illustration riceboy
Old 10-04-2010
Registered!!

cool, i z now! thanks!
Old 10-04-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by 02civicsi02
Nice illustration riceboy
I was gonna MS paint it up, but I remembered that discount tire has that GREAT illustration that many people fail to try and comprehend when we try and give them advice about wheel/tire combos.
Old 10-04-2010
Administrator
Administrator

oh, and use this tool to try and figure out what your new tire size should be
http://miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

if you shop around for tires on tires.com, it should tell you what your OEM tire size is, if you don't know or if you bought your car used and it had a different tire size on.
Old 10-04-2010
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

The only proper way to get your car that low and still have a decent ride is to air bag it. If you want to keep the big rims without getting rubber band tires (also gives a bad ride) then you might have to do a little tubbing also. All of this would cost alot. With air bags you could raise and lower it, so you could go over speed bumps and what not.
Old 10-05-2010
Registered!!

sup_mario is an unknown quantity at this point

It will really looks good with that low...
Old 10-06-2010
Registered!!

fst64_v8pwr is an unknown quantity at this point

wow thats low.......but i like it
Old 01-10-2011
Registered!!

EM2 Rookie is an unknown quantity at this point

tire stretch would help if its all show n no go lol
n D2 coilovers would help, friend has D2's n is off the ground by an inch or 2 n his ride feels oem, he set springs all the way soft, but just not as responsive as i would like
but tire stretch will allow fitment n allow u to go a lil lower
tire stretch would add to less of a confy ride

Last edited by EM2 Rookie; 01-10-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Old 01-10-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

^Tire stretching is extremely dangerous, it was developed for track dedicated drift cars and thats where it should have stayed.
Old 01-11-2011
Registered!!

imo- in my opinion
if you get someone to stretch your tire the right way then its not "extremely" dangerous
but it is still dangerous to do, but like i previously stated if his car strictly show, n no go then y not, im not telling him to go auto-crossing with these, just giving him ideas, in the end its up to him
where i'm from, we have a multitude of people who stretch their tires, and i know of none who have had problems, it decreases tire rub for "dumpt" cars while turning, lowers car a tad not much but a tad, some people prefer form over function
i'm just stating an opinion
Old 01-12-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

it's just that if if ever the guy comes to high cornering forces, well, the tire could simply fall off the wheel in the inside due to the direction of the forces. ever seem how much a tire could twist during cornering? (PS: drifting is in kinetical friction, so the actual grip is lower than non-drift conditions).
Old 01-12-2011
Registered!!

2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice

so when the hell did stretching tires lower your car?
Old 01-12-2011
Registered!!

theoretically it would lower u millimeters, but insignificant, but does reduce tire rubbing during turns on a car that is extremely low

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I want it this low