Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Suspension Combination Packages

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
honda860 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Question Suspension Combination Packages

I have been looking for the perfect Suspension package for my 2005 EX 2DR and I havent had much luck. I can find some parts that will fit an 05 and then the other parts wount.

I want some good quality lowering springs I was hoping to go with TEIN S which I can get for an O5 so thats cool

I wanted to get like a skunk2 front and rear camber kits but havent found one for an 05. (if anyone knows of good front and rear camber kits for an 05 let me know)

then shocks I was gonna go with TOKICO HP Shocks but cant find em for an 05

I dont even know if this is a good Suspension Combination Package mixing them all together.

SO i need some ideas I dont want crappy stuff that is gonna F my car up or beat the crap out of the tires on my 18" tenzo-rs But I want a good package. Anyone have any ideas please post I wanna do this soon and I just dont know which route to take.

Thank for your time guys
Old 06-09-2005
Proud to be a civic owner

es2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
coilover is the way to go

if you want tein s tech, i can sell mine to you....
i'm thinking switchinig to coilover at the end of the month... not sure if i can find a good deal on it
Old 06-09-2005
Stolen digital camera = no ninja picture for me

PoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the roughPoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the roughPoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the rough
Well as far as springs go...anything from an 01 up will work. I believe SPC has a camber kit for all years, and shocks made for 01-03 will fit with minor modification (I would know because Ive done it).

I am riding on Sportline Springs, with an SPC camber kit, and Tokico D Spec shocks and the handling, ride, and looks are great.
Old 06-09-2005
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
What is your pland purpos for the car? Street? Autocross? Open track? Drag?

And No, "Coilovers" are not by default better then a piecemealed suspension.
Old 06-09-2005

what is the disadvantage of having coilover?
more bouncy???
Old 06-09-2005
Registered!!

Main purpose it street I just want a very nice all around package. And I know alot of you people on here no what your talking about so i figures I would ask the pros. I just want a nice all around package springs shocks and camber kits. I dont want my tires to end up shitty 2 soon and i dont wanna use my stock shocks and have em blown after 2 weeks
Old 06-10-2005
Registered!!

peteriap will become famous soon enoughpeteriap will become famous soon enough
The tein setup with the KONI shocks is a nice setup for your vehicle. As for camber kits, the SPC and Ingalls camber kits will fit all 01-05 civics and perform great. PM me if you have any questions.
Old 06-10-2005

the tein s tech with KONI?
what about the sags?
Old 06-10-2005
Registered!!

bluestreak is an unknown quantity at this point
I've got the same issues, but i've got an 01 sedan. factory struts are blown, springs are rubbing together, I'm not sure what to go with either......struts / springs / camber kit.....or coilover, camber kit
Old 06-10-2005
Registered!!

I just want a perfect package springs, shocks camber kits and i wanna buy it now haha
Old 06-10-2005
Registered!!

yeah, me too, but then whose gonna install it? DIY?
most shops won't install stuff that was bought by the customer...I don't really want ot DIY, car is almost 5 years old, and I want it done right....
Old 06-10-2005
Registered!!

My Brother cooper owns a shop that does huge amount of import business and mods in my area. even works on junky *** trucks and cars to but he knows what he is doing so he will do it for free which is cool. BUt as far as cars im learnin alot and i wanna learn more so im gonna help him with the job
Old 06-10-2005
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Well if this is just for the street, then you dont need an adjustible damper. So For shocks Tokico HP's would probably be good (Firmer then stock, but much softer then a set of Konis) Tie that in with a set of progressive rate springs (Eibach or H&R) and I'd say you'd have a pretty comfortable decently handling setup.

If you want something a bit more handling centered, I'd reccomend Konis with Ground controls. simply because its tough to find a damper that performs as well and consistantly as a Koni untill you get in to the $700+ per corner shocks. and Ground control will sell you different springs (Different rates and Lengths) for around $70 a pair, wich is great if you are trying to get every last 10th out of the car.
Old 06-10-2005
Registered!!

yeah, the first settup is more what I want, street only and soft / close to stock ride.....Tokico blue the same as HP's?

What's a progressive rate spring vs a regular spring?

I've got 17's also...
Old 06-10-2005
Autocross Junky

The 17's are going to give you a rough ride any way. and Yes the HP = Blue (The HP stands for High Performance)

Progressive springs are springs that dont have 1 set spring rate, but rather alter their spring rates (By getting stiffer) as the spring compresses. so, when you're just putting around they are soft, but when you spike it through a turn they stiffen up. Nice for a street car, not exactly what you want for compititon.
Old 06-13-2005
Registered!!

^Thanks for the info, I had no idea about that. Sounds like that's what I want to go with, thanks alot