General Post General Issues questions here that does not fit other sections

Hubcap Hell

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2023
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oblivious is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Hubcap Hell

I recently purchased a 2015 Honda Civic LX. The old rims were pretty bad so I decided to get new ones. No big deal, right? WRONG. I had no idea the car had hubcaps. Anyways, I took off my old hubcaps and put the new ones on with no issues. Fast forward to today... I have experienced nothing but valve stem problems. I did not know why until NOW. The new hubcaps with wire had been ruining my valve stems, I am now sitting with 2 flats (getting fixed soon). The OEM hubcaps I took off are long gone but I am buying them again. I understand the OEM hubcaps are held in place by a rubber like washer on the lug nut so they stay on.
Could someone please tell me what kind? Size? Name? Anything? I'm such a lost noob and I just want my tires to stop causing me problems and money wasted. Want to fix them correctly and be DONE!!
Thank you for reading.
Old 05-01-2023
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,131 Likes on 945 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: Hubcap Hell

The problem is the new rims are not oe honda so they're not compatible with the wheel covers. I would find a nice set of used alloys and be done with the wheel covers
The following users liked this post:
Oblivious (07-08-2023)
Old 05-06-2023
Prelude Owner

Received 305 Likes on 215 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Go no wheel covers to save money. Get some cheap used alloys off Craigslist or Facebook market place if you want a little more style.
The following 2 users liked this post by GolNat:
Colin42 (05-06-2023), Oblivious (07-08-2023)
Old 05-06-2023
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,450 Likes on 1,204 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

i would think any tire store would have tons of wheels and hubcaps from people changing to other wheels
I ditch the hub caps straight away when getting a car, they ugly
just paint the steel wheels gun metal or bronze
maybe graphite
if you drive mostly highways, heavier wheels are better for fuel mileage, if you drive city most of times, get alum wheels
The following users liked this post:
Oblivious (07-08-2023)
Old 06-16-2023
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oblivious is an unknown quantity at this point

Took those hubcaps off for FOREVER!! I was able to get the OE hubcaps but have just been driving with nothing on. I'm still kinda shocked those other hubcaps took out my tires... at least I know better now. Better late than never I suppose.