Engine start problems Post issues with engine start here. Does not start, does not run, etc.

04 Civic Won't Start After Overheating

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2022
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whiten0ise is an unknown quantity at this point
04 Civic Won't Start After Overheating

I have have a coolant leak and tried using some liquid that claimed it would stop the leak. Well the day after I put it in my radiator, my car started overheating. I was on the freeway and it overheated but I was close to my destination so I decided to push on. Eventually I couldn't go over 70mph, and when I got to a stop light my car wouldn't move. My power steering and braking went out as well. I got the car towed home and checked under the hood the next day. There is coolant on top of weird components and ash on and under the battery, so obviously something caught fire. I think the battery is fine because all the electrical stuff still works, but when I try to start the car it doesn't turn over and actually start. This is my first car so I don't really know how to diagnose the issue, but I want to work on my car myself so hopefully someone here can help me.e
Old 06-07-2022
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,449 Likes on 1,203 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: 04 Civic Won't Start After Overheating

Originally Posted by Whiten0ise
I have have a coolant leak and tried using some liquid that claimed it would stop the leak.
this is the mistake....
you will need to take to a mechanic.
Old 06-07-2022
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,131 Likes on 945 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

You killed your car and whatever snake oil you poured in didn't help. Get it to a shop
Old 06-08-2022
Super Moderator

Received 1,875 Likes on 1,320 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...-problems.html
The following users liked this post:
sdaidoji (06-08-2022)