Auto Transmission failures Post your issues with auto transmission failures here. 01-03 have had a high failure rates

Sorry if this is on here already. New here! Plz help..Auto Trans not engaging

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2024
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dubbs1221 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry if this is on here already. New here! Plz help..Auto Trans not engaging

2002 civic Lx. I’m new here so I’m sorry if this is somewhere on the page. Was driving, came to stop and made a right turn. Car was driving fine then rpms went up and car wasn’t moving. So engine runs it just won’t engage in any gear. Called tow truck and had it towed back to house. I started the car so I could steer it down the tow truck to park it and for the hell of it I put it in reverse after getting off the truck and it engaged! Now every gear is engaging but I’m nervous to drive it on the road again just incase it happens again. No check engine light came on when it happened too. I can’t seem to figure out what the issue is. Could it possibly be a bad axle???
Old 01-21-2024
Click Here

Received 1,156 Likes on 903 Posts
FRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Sorry if this is on here already. New here! Plz help..Auto Trans not engaging

Plug in a code reader. I suspect you’ll have P0730 stored somewhere. That’s the death code for these transmissions and you’re showing the symptoms for it. Wouldn’t hurt to try draining and refilling the transmission fluid, but I suspect that’s a waste of time at this point.
The following users liked this post:
Dubbs1221 (01-21-2024)
Old 01-21-2024
Registered!!

Re: Sorry if this is on here already. New here! Plz help..Auto Trans not engaging

Don’t want to hear that lol. But I’ll plug my reader in when I get home and update. Thanks.
Old 01-21-2024
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,449 Likes on 1,203 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

drain and fill 4 times while driving some in between, do not flush
it will eventually die, but the fluid change should help some
Old 01-21-2024
Registered!!

Originally Posted by FRSam
Plug in a code reader. I suspect you’ll have P0730 stored somewhere. That’s the death code for these transmissions and you’re showing the symptoms for it. Wouldn’t hurt to try draining and refilling the transmission fluid, but I suspect that’s a waste of time at this point.
Only code I get is P0171 (system too lean)(bank 1)