Exterior Post your issues with Exterior parts here! Exterior covers Body, Doors, Locks, Physical Removal/install lights, Hoods, fenders, etc. For Fundamentally Electrical issues, post on Electrical

Mirror adjusting only up+down - No left+right

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civex03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Mirror adjusting only up+down - No left+right

I have installed my OEM mirrors back on and plugged in the harness. All I get is up+down action. No left+right adjustment. Any ideas? I have never touched the OEM harness when I had the after market mirrors on. It was tucked in the door panel.
Old 05-31-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
Re: Mirror adjusting only up+down - No left+right

Probably loose wires in the plug. Double check, and if they dont work, check with a multimeter. If they still dont work and dont have a signal, more trouble shooting is in store.
Old 05-31-2009
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Here is the wiring info. Should be a simple fix.
Attached Files
Old 06-29-2009
Registered!!

I'm trying to locate the fuse for the mirrors but this diagram is kind of confusing. the fuse box under the steering column isn't numbered so without a pic diagram i just can't see. I'm assuming its 10A tho. Any other fuse box diagrams?
Old 06-30-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

The panel you have to remove to get to the fuse box by the steering column should have a labeled layout of the fuse box molded into the top of the panel.
Old 06-30-2009
Registered!!

There's no actual cover on the fuse box...is there supposed to be one? I don't remember seeing any other labels on the pedal area covers that clip in.

Last edited by civex03; 06-30-2009 at 09:28 AM.
Old 06-30-2009

CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

^^^ If the mirrors are moving at all then the fuse is o.k.
Old 06-30-2009
Registered!!

I didn't know if there was a seperate fuse for both mirrors or even for the movement (one fuse for up+down) (one fuse for left+right). It seems odd that both my drivers side and passenger side only move up+down. I don't even hear any noise when trying left+right.

Does someone have the fuse layout for under the steering column so I can locate the mirror fuse(s)? The wiring seems to be ok. I unplugged replugged and pushed in the 3 wires to the harness checking for looseness.

Last edited by civex03; 06-30-2009 at 09:40 AM.
Old 06-30-2009

Its' not the fuse, but here is the info.

How were your other mirrors controlled when they were in place ???

Any wiring changes made for them ???

The mirror switch is the item doing all the work.
Attached Files
Old 06-30-2009
Registered!!

Thx for that. The other mirrors I had on were power, but I did not hook them up. I just left the harness in the door panel. Upon looking at this doc..which # is the power mirror?

Last edited by civex03; 06-30-2009 at 10:09 AM.
Old 06-30-2009

Fuse #14 = 10 Amps (it controls a lot of other items as well)

Try moving the mirror select slide button on top back and forth several times to help clean the contacts a bit and then try it.

Check and re-seat the connector on the mirror switch.
Old 06-30-2009
Registered!!

ah ok i must have missed where it said "power Mirror Actuators". I will check these few things right after work today and report back this evening.

Thx again for your time and info! Greatly appreciated.
Old 06-30-2009
Registered!!

unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

the fuse box thats inside your car under the steering area, it doesnt have a big cover with two twist type plastic clips on it? that whole fuse area should have a big plastic cover. on the inside of that it shows you a whole diagram of what each fuse in that area is.

if you cant figure it out tonight, i can go and take a picture of the diagram for you off the back of my cover.
Old 06-30-2009
Registered!!

I have a 2003 civic and it's got a bunch of wires going into it so i dont see how it wud have a cover..anyways...i located the #14 10 amp...checked that plus wudnt some other items not be working as well according to the diagram that was supplied above? So i checked that and the wiring to the mirror switch..took it off checked it out...replugged..etc. Still only getting up and down...

Do you think from having it unplugged caused harm...i just can't see how both mirrors work exactly the same up and down and not left/right. This is irratating.
Old 06-30-2009
Registered!!

unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

i have no idea. im hoping were talking about the same cover/diagram though. ill snap a pic when im outside and upload it for you.

as for unplugging the harness, i dont think that should have done anything. thats really really odd. ive only ever needed to adjust my mirrors once. and that was the day i bought the car, haha. cant you just adjust left right, then push up down with your finger? just to get it there for now.
Old 06-30-2009

With key at position II, Hold the left or right movement button and work the top mirror selector switch back and forth several times and watch & listen for any motor noise or movement while moving selector.

Also try working the left & right buttons back and forth several times.

The switch contacts may have some buildup from not being used for a while.

Last edited by CraigW; 06-30-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Old 06-30-2009
Registered!!

Yea it's just buggin me knowing that little things aren't working. I'm pretty sure we're talking about the same ...there's only one fuse box just under the steering column off to the right.
Old 06-30-2009
Registered!!

yea thats the one. theres supposed to be a whole cover under the steering area and on the inside of it there is a diagram showing what fuse does what.

i took a pic of the cover im talking about, its got two twist type clips that hold it in place. i also took a picture of the diagram on the inside of that particular fuse box. hope it helps you.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P6302281.jpg
Views:	763
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	76790   Click image for larger version

Name:	P6302277.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	76791  
Old 06-30-2009
Registered!!

Oh yea I have that cover...just nothing on the inside of it...not sure why
Old 06-18-2019
Registered!!

Nate Bishop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CraigW
Fuse #14 = 10 Amps (it controls a lot of other items as well)

Try moving the mirror select slide button on top back and forth several times to help clean the contacts a bit and then try it.

Check and re-seat the connector on the mirror switch.
THANK YOU!! I have a 2016 10th gen civic, civic x and the electronic mirror adjustment switch wasn’t working on the driver side, it would go left/right but up/down hasn’t worked in months or maybe even a year, I know this is an old thread but had to say thanks. When the issue first started I searched good for something on the 10th gen/ civic x forum and had no luck and finally got annoyed and tried again. Quickly flipping the selector left and right worked!!!! So glad I found this and hopefully mentioning 2016 civic will get more people here and help them!