Exterior Post your issues with Exterior parts here! Exterior covers Body, Doors, Locks, Physical Removal/install lights, Hoods, fenders, etc. For Fundamentally Electrical issues, post on Electrical

Remote locking doesnt work... locks dont go up or down. But when using a key they do.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
J Smith is an unknown quantity at this point
Remote locking doesnt work... locks dont go up or down. But when using a key they do.

All ive ever used was the remote to open and lock my car but, for some reason it no longer works.

The alarm can be turned on and off so its not the battery in the remote. The actual locks within the car dont go down or up. But, when using the key to open/lock the car it works...

I cant keep doing this as it holds me up

whats wrong with it?
Old 05-14-2007
Registered!!

Re: Remote locking doesnt work... locks dont go up or down. But when using a key they

noone knows why this is happening?
Old 05-14-2007
hvc
Registered!!

hvc is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Remote locking doesnt work... locks dont go up or down. But when using a key they

Does the door lock if you lock it from the door inside? If it doesn't work then it's your actuator. If you can lock them from inside, then i'm not entirely sure. do a search of the board and you'll find something. It's a common problem with the 7th gen civics.
Old 05-15-2007
Registered!!

i can push them down from the inside...
Old 05-15-2007
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Need more info.

How do they work by the switch on drivers door ?? Listen for noises when attempting. Anything else not working ?? Do they all lock if you lock the drivers door by key ?
Old 05-16-2007
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

hey, i had this problem on my 02, its the lock actuator on the drivers door, it controls the locks on both doors, its like 25 bucks at honda, but its a bitch to install, took me like 2 hours to do, cuz u gotta take the internals of the doors apart, but everything works after i installed this part.... hope it helps
Old 05-26-2007
Registered!!

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...gry5=DOOR+LOCK

# 375100 032 1 ACTUATOR ASSY., L. FR. DOOR LOCK ?

Do I need both left and right?
Old 05-27-2007
Banned

mani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nice

Try Left only first ... if it doesnt fix it ... RIGHT also :-p
Old 05-28-2007
Registered!!

im gonna have to do both because both locks do not work...

The left does not control the right... They are independent.
Old 05-28-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

Is this an aftermarket lock kit? It does not sound like your electric locks are stock.
Old 05-28-2007
Registered!!

It is not aftermarket... Its stock remote/keyless entry
Old 06-06-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

ok listen to this clearly...as they have said already its the "door lock actuator". buy them for each door from www.majestichonda.com you'll find them the cheapest there. you do not have to buy the whole lock assembly as some "incapable" users on this forum could not get the actuator out of the lock assembly but its only held in by philip screws you can take it out and replace it.
There is also a DIY for replace the actuator so search for it on the forums.
It will take some time to do but you'll enjoy your locks again.
Just follow the DIY exactly as it is.
Old 06-14-2007
Registered!!

phi5 is an unknown quantity at this point

You're not alone with this problem.. I've just placed an order with honda on the entire lock assembly. I will replace mine this upcoming week and hopefully my car will lock and unlock as before.
Old 05-31-2019
Registered!!

engineenigma is an unknown quantity at this point

Page not found.
Old 05-31-2019
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,128 Likes on 942 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by engineenigma
Page not found.
What page? How to do it? Where to buy them?
Old 06-01-2019
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

likely the majestic honda link in post 7. They've updated their site quite a few times since 2007. Hell, they've changed it a lot in the past few months.

visit www.hondaautomotiveparts.com
>select car year, model, trim, & transmission
>>click "body & air conditioning"
>>>click "door locks" (if sedan, choose applicable "front" or "rear" variant)
>>>>crtl + f, type "actuator assembly"