General Post issues, questions that are not in the other sub-forums

Automatic 02 civic multiple issues garages cannot diagnose

Old 05-22-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RosieMM is an unknown quantity at this point
Automatic 02 civic multiple issues garages cannot diagnose

So my civic was my daily driver for the last almost 4 years now until last August. I'm not gonna lie I was a bit rough on her up until then. I was coming home from work going about 90mph when it acted like it was shifting, bogged down, and shook like it was about to cut off on me. I let off the gas and dropped down to about 65 in a matter of seconds. As long as it stayed in 65mph or less it drove fine.
I stopped to run some errands and let it sit for about 2 hrs before I cranked it up again. When I did it ran fine, no knocking, ticks, vibrations, or any kind of weird sounds. I made it about 15 miles and it went back to the bogging down when I had my foot on the gas but at this point I was only going about 45mph. Well there's a hill I have to drive up in order to go home. When I got to that hill the ol civic dropped down to 25mph and barely made it over it. Got her home and went to back into my space and it completely died. Cranked it back up and put it back in reverse it bogged and shook like it was going to cut off again.
Since September of last year I've had 4 car garages look at it and all have come up with nothing.....
A list of everything that has been done to it:
Knocked out cat, Replaced computer, throttle body, throttle position sensor, MAPS? Sensor, complete fluid change, transmission check, fuel pump replacement, new spark plugs, and coils
When the computer and throttle body were replaced it ran better than it did before I had these problems. 3 days later it was back to doing the same thing.

Codes from the current garage
P1604
P1603
P0302
C1241
Anyone have any ideas??? I'm trying not to have to take my little hell child to the dealership to have it fixed but I'm running out of options...
Old 05-23-2019
Registered!!

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
NDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Automatic 02 civic multiple issues garages cannot diagnose

Those are some strange codes except the P0302 cylinder #2 misfire.
Check the head gasket for a breach as it is a common issue with these engines.
Old 05-23-2019
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Automatic 02 civic multiple issues garages cannot diagnose

or an easy one.

Electronics goes crazy when voltage is low.
get an charger, charge battery.

Note:

if you have loose alternator bolts, the voltage variations can kill your ECU, and all kinds of issues can happen and fixing will will be crazy