Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Help, These headers didn't do anything..

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold
Help, These headers didn't do anything..

I have an 02 civic ex. I went out and bought sum cheap OBX headers because i read a bunch of good reviews and a bunch of bad ones, so i figured why not leme just get sum experience. It turns out, my package didnt include that little metal wire ring thing that goes in between the downpipe and header collectors. The stock one doesnt fit these new headers so I just left em out. I go for a test drive see if it did anything and i dont feel a difference. Just a little louder. Could it be the headers or that one spacer missing. I know it has an exhaust leak so it that whats robbing the power, or is it just the sh*tty d17 motor. Any help or answers please. And yea im new here so whats up...
Old 02-12-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honda2k4 is an unknown quantity at this point
i/h/e dont add much power on a d17 so you wont really feel anything, you should get a new gasket where the header and downpipe connect
Old 02-12-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold
Where the hell can i find one of those things by themselves. The headers i ordered never came with a new one, and the old one from the stock headers doesnt fit...whats it called anyway. Maybe its on ebay...anyone know?
Old 02-12-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Donut gasket? The only place to get those things is from honda... none of the parts stores have a number listed as an aftermarket alternative. its about 26 bucks IIRC.
Old 02-12-2007
This is Myspace

I cant get it from honda.. i have a honda oem one and it doesnt fit. I always see on ebay when you buy like megan headers or what not they give u another one of those things....there has to be like a real ...name for em lol.
Old 02-13-2007
Registered!!

ryancivic has a little shameless behaviour in the past
i had the same problem. i tried shaving down the gasket and ended up cutting my hand all up. anyways what i did is went to the car store and bought a liquid gasket kit. all u do is squirt some around the gasket area and its seals off etc. and i did the same thing with letting the headers not seal up and it made leaking noises etc but once it was all sealed it at least sounded much better and for me i think it made a little diff bc it eliminated the catalytic converter
Old 02-13-2007
Registered!!

iNf3cTi0n is an unknown quantity at this point
It's called a collecter gasket, i.e exhaust flange gasket,
take you header off, take measurements of the down pipe... take you header and measurements to you local knowlageable parts stores, NOT pepboys or autozone, the they have size charts. might take you a min to find the right one but, at least you'll learn a lil more about your own car, if you dont fix the leak, your going to burn your valves!!
Old 02-13-2007
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Liquid gasket? Geesh

Go to any local exhaust shop d00d. Mine cost 5 bucks. Save yourself the hassle. I went through the same thing
Old 02-13-2007
This is Myspace

Thanks alot this really helps..i guess im just gonna go to an exhaust shop. Can that exhaust leak really do damage to your internals? I heard its just going to be an annoying noise. I should just run straight headers...take off my whole exhaust system. that would be fun...
Old 02-13-2007
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
No that would would be bad.. as in people would point and laugh
Old 02-13-2007
This is Myspace

I had a friend do it on an old school corolla.. very loud. scary.
Old 02-13-2007
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
I drove my wife's B18 teg with open headers daily to and from work for 2 weeks. It was retarded loud!
Old 02-15-2007
Pwning Noobs 24/7

DaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really nice
yout wife has a B18 teg with open headers...what a woman !
Old 02-19-2007
Banned

mani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nice
^^^LOL ... I bet she beat ur car every day
Old 02-19-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang
I drove my 95 accord with the F22B2 for a while on open Hedman headers. It was bad.
Old 02-20-2007
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by D17sRuNtunable
I should just run straight headers...take off my whole exhaust system. that would be fun...
i think that's the definition of rice if you look it up in a dictionary.