Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Creaking Sound When Turning

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
savedadogs is an unknown quantity at this point
Creaking Sound When Turning

Hi All,

Yes I searched the forums already and I have seen that people have mentioned the same problem. The CV joints are fine and the lug nuts are tight on the wheels.

I have a 2004 Civic Coupe Ex. Yes, I also brought it to the dealer since it is still under warranty. They confirmed it was coming from the A-Pillar and they took it apart and tighten something and put a sealent in there too. However, the noise is still there. Therefore, they told me to come in again next week and to replicate the problem for them. So in the meantime, I wonder if anyone has the 'creaking when left turning problem.'

If anyone with a 2004/2005 Civic would do me a huge favor and try the following:

1. Turn on car.
2. With the drivers door open (car is in Park or Neutral) and your ear placed near the left air vent, turn the steering wheel to the right and then to the left.

When I do this, as the steering wheel is going left a creaking noise can be heard it sounds like it is coming around the area of the air vent/A-pillar. Also it could be from the steering column area. It sound as if the plastic parts are been compressed or something.

Your help is greatly appreciated!!! I just want to know if this is a normal thing with our cars...I never noticed the noise until recently.
Old 11-26-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
savedadogs is an unknown quantity at this point
Can someone with a 2004/2005 please try this out for me?