Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

P0113 ??'s

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005
Wanna see a donkey show?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cg95660 is an unknown quantity at this point
P0113 ??'s

I got a p0113 code about a month ago. It cleared on its own. But it came back. So decided that it must be a bad IAT and bought a new one. I put it on and clear the ecu. After driving up the street the cel came back on for the same ****. P0113 with a brand IAT. So I clear the ecu again but have not had time to drive it around. Has any body had any trouble like this?? I have a v2 cold air, dc header, cat back. Any thing would help. Cuase the next step is to go back to stock intake box!
Old 08-29-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
well if you put in a new sensor and the check engine light came right back on, then the sensor isnt the problem. you could have a bad connection between the sensor and connecter, an wiring issue between the IAT sensor and the ECM, or a problem with the ECM. With this code, unless you have a scan tool, better take it to a dealer or shop to check out.
Old 08-29-2005
Wanna see a donkey show?

I do have a obd2 scanner. Its the only code and all other systems are fine. I will drive her to work tonight and ill see if it does it again. Maybe i did not reset the ecu long enough!
Old 08-29-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Originally Posted by cg95660
I do have a obd2 scanner. Its the only code and all other systems are fine. I will drive her to work tonight and ill see if it does it again. Maybe i did not reset the ecu long enough!
remove the #6 fuse for 10 seconds, then put back in. then go drive around,if it comes back on, then you have another problem.

With any check engine light, there are several possibilities on what the problem could be. Even if everything else is working, and the sensor itself is fine, you could have a problem in the ECU with that circuit. Or a problem in the wiring to the IAT sensor. You have to follow the specific procedures in the service manaul to diagnose that code.

And you need a scanner that will give you sensor values for several of the under hood sensors.
Old 08-30-2005
Wanna see a donkey show?

Originally Posted by streetglower
remove the #6 fuse for 10 seconds, then put back in. then go drive around,if it comes back on, then you have another problem.

With any check engine light, there are several possibilities on what the problem could be. Even if everything else is working, and the sensor itself is fine, you could have a problem in the ECU with that circuit. Or a problem in the wiring to the IAT sensor. You have to follow the specific procedures in the service manaul to diagnose that code.

And you need a scanner that will give you sensor values for several of the under hood sensors.

Thanks for the replies. I reset the ecu for longer and made sure the connector was plugged tight. I do think the plug is causing the probs. Any way I drove it around all day today and it good to go.
Old 11-12-2017
Registered!!

SSG03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: P0113 ??'s

Can anybody help me I have a cold air intake. I have a code p0113. I can not find the sensor.
Old 11-12-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SSG03
Can anybody help me I have a cold air intake. I have a code p0113. I can not find the sensor.
It's usually located on the cold air intake bend near the throttle body. Also, it may be located on the intake manifold itself if you have an LS intake. Post pics of the CAI and intake manifold.
Old 11-12-2017
Registered!!

SSG03 is an unknown quantity at this point