Electrical Post your questions about electrical issues here!

ECU/Throttle Body Problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cynthia Garcia is an unknown quantity at this point
ECU/Throttle Body Problems

Originally Posted by gearbox
Well I sort of knew this already, and really it's stupid of Honda to do. My system almost always sounds bad because voltage is BELOW 12V! Unacceptable, and I'm surprised everything is able to run like this. I know other cars without this problem, so maybe our alternators are extremely weak and can't stay at full power all the time.

When I took my car to the dealer for a system check, they said my amps were drawing straight from the battery. I have an optima yellow now, so it isn't as much of a problem. Still the stereo and amps are mostly running off 12V.

Hi gearbox
I'm so desperately trying to find out how to exactly reset ecu we have 04 civic so changed the throttle body getting code po507 we changed the valve and still having problem so we unplugged the fuse and still can't figure out what to do can you help you seem so knowledgeable please please ... Thank you
Old 05-28-2019
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: ECU/Throttle Body Problems

You need an OBD2 engine scanner to reset the ecu.

-you can go to a mechanic or dealor
-buy one from a parts store
-buy one online

Make sure you used a new OEM Honda IACV.
Old 05-28-2019
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: ECU/Throttle Body Problems

Disconnect negative terminal from battery
Turn on headlights and depress brake pedal a few times to discharge residual voltage
Turn off all electronics in the interior
Reattach the negative cable to battery
Start engine and let idle (only) until radiator fan engages twice ... roughly 20 minutes.