Electrical Post your questions about electrical issues here!

Temp Gauge Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kiotzu is an unknown quantity at this point
Temp Gauge Problem

Just swapped in a new engine on my 2002 Civic because of blown head gasket, so it was okay the first day or so I drove it then it started to overheat, coolant still full but bottom hose was cold while the upper rad hose was hot. I thought thermostat so went on vacation car didn't run for 2 weeks, today I went to fix it.

I had to move the car so I went to start it up and before I even started it the car was at running temp on the gauge, so I changed the thermostat and now it starts at halfwalf mark on the guage and just goes up.

I want to test to make sure the thermostat opens but I also don't want to be driving it when I can't accurately tell the temp.

What could the causes be?
Old 10-29-2015
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold
Re: Temp Gauge Problem

Did you plug the wrong wire into the sender? Sometimes engine connectors share the same connector shell and can reach compatible sensors. It can cause fun headaches when chasing the issues this can cause.

Do you still have the original engine laying around. I would swap your original engine gauge temp sender into the new engine and see if that fixes the problem.
Old 10-29-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Temp Gauge Problem

Just swapped in a new engine on my 2002 Civic because of blown head gasket,
I would have fixed the head gasket.

A used engine may need a head gasket too. Almost all need one sooner or later.
before I even started it the car was at running temp on the gauge
Got a scanner? Got codes?
What is the ECT reading in the data list?