Mid Atlantic Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia

Tyson's Corner VA Mini-Meet September 14th

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2002
Mex
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the rough
TAZ! it has to be 3rd if anything, lol

anyway guys, there's a WHOLE LOT MORE CONFUSION COMIN' UP!

for the first time I ventured out to the meet area to see what it would be like. theguysmiley knew what he was saying, the parking area I circled will definitely be too small for a saturday. so the parking deck would be better. HOWEVER; not the very top of it. rather than trying to figure out how to get to the top, once you enter the parking deck...

keep going straight, and you'll come to a clearing on the other side...

this area would be perfect for us to first meet up. it's no where near any entrances. surely no one will be parked there even on a saturday. and theres plenty of spaces...

I think I've struck a final decision now that I've seen the place first hand. ? it looks like a maze trying to get to the top of the garage anyway, lol

I've updated the map to reflect these changes, which you can see below. once we have everyone at the mall, we'll head on over to the park.

if anyone is confused, make yourself known so we can clarify things better. getting to the park will be a whole other problem.. I hope no one gets lost. perhaps I can print out directions incase someone goes get left at a stoplight.
Old 09-05-2002
Sometimes, I can see right through myself ...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

taz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud of
[QUOTE]Quote
[hr]Originally posted by: Mex
TAZ! it has to be 3rd if anything, lol

Ahahahah. Took me a few minutes to figure out wtf you were talking about, but after thinking about it for a minute, I got it. 3rd it is then!
Old 09-05-2002

taz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud of
[hr]Originally posted by: incamustard
hmm...should i bring a video camera as well as my digital one?? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][hr]
Yeah, I'd definately bring along a video camera inca. There's gonna be a whole lotta embarassing stuff that'll be going on that'll be good to catch on tape.

Old 09-05-2002
Registered!!

slikor is an unknown quantity at this point
great work mex, looks simple enough to me[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 09-05-2002
Ms. Moderator

SimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to all
I'm getting a little nervous with all this "embarassment" talk. What's the deal here fellas? Should I be affraid?
Old 09-05-2002

[hr]Originally posted by: SimplySLB
I'm getting a little nervous with all this "embarassment" talk. What's the deal here fellas? Should I be affraid?[hr]
Naw Steph. Nothing that you're going to be embarrassed about. The 3 of us are working right now to try and pull this off. Looks like it may be possible to do. More details as they are available.
Old 09-06-2002
Registered!!

inca is an unknown quantity at this point
nice map and pics, mex... i think im gonna head out there this morning and take a look for myself & get used to the area. if anybody around there is available this morning feel free to join me. i know its kind of a confusing area, dont wanna get lost on the 14th that would suck!

edit: I'm gonna go ahead and leave now to go scout things out..takes about an hour and a half depending on traffic..like i said anybody free in the area my cell # is 540-222-3860, if u wanna check it out with me.

Walter
Old 09-06-2002
Registered!!

theguysmiley is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds like a plan! I had originally picked the top of the deck on purpose because it was a maze, and most people wouldn't go through the trouble of parking up there if there was no access to any store. But the parking lot sounds great.

[B]To Mex and Taz: 3rd is good, but 6th is better .
Old 09-06-2002
Registered!!

I'm getting a little nervous with all this "embarassment" talk. What's the deal here fellas? Should I be affraid?[hr]
Be thou not afraid, young grasshopper. When the time comes, ye shall not fear, but rejoice, and laugh exceedingly at the stupidity of thy comrades (if all goes according to plan, that is).
Old 09-06-2002

[hr]Originally posted by: theguysmiley
Be thou not afraid, young grasshopper. When the time comes, ye shall not fear, but rejoice, and laugh exceedingly at the stupidity of thy comrades (if all goes according to plan, that is). [hr]
Well, looks like everything is going to plan. Mex is going to bring his part, I'm going to bring my part, and all we need is your part. Everything will be good to go.
Old 09-06-2002
Registered!!

<evil voice> Excellent!!! Everything is going as according to plan!!!
Old 09-06-2002
Registered!!

inca is an unknown quantity at this point
ok, i just got back a little while ago, lemme just say getting on/off 495 is a biotch. anyways, the parking lot is a perfect area to meet up at. i also found my way to the park, and i'll post some pictures and directions on how to get there. its actually really easy and is only about 5 mins away from the parking lot. this is gonna be a long post by the way [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG].

To get to the Parking Lot:

ok first, follow mex's directions from 495 to get to the parking lot..(exit 47a West Leesburg Pike rd., right @ first light, left @ first stop sign and your'e there, just look left for the terrace b garage to drive through.)

you will see this sign when you take a right at the first light you come to on west leesburg pike.

then just take the left at the first stop sign, look left and you should see this..

drive straight through the garage to the opening on the other side and voila

OK now on to the Park:

come out to the intersection (west leesburg pike) and take a right. pass through the first light you come to and you should see these signs to the right:

here is the first one you see..you want to get on 123 SOUTH towards Vienna..

right when you see that sign start heading to the right lane because the exit is like the next turn..

once youre on the exit you will come out on 123, which is also chain bridge rd. keep going until come to the intersection right after this building, and take a right onto Old Courthouse Rd.

Once on Old Courthouse Rd you will come up to this intersection, where you need to make a left to stay on Old courthouse rd.:

after you make the left, the park is not far down on the left just look for this sign:

then youre there, which I believe is the circle you all were talking about, correct me if im wrong:

ok thats it, hope that helped..sorry for the long post btw.
please correct me if im wrong on anything [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

later
Old 09-06-2002

Yay! I'm getting dropped! I called Rob@Tornactive just a bit ago and got in on his deal on the Goldline springs. The price was too right to pass them up. Hopefully they'll be here in time for Saturday and we might have a spring install to do! Hope someone has some good jackstands and a spring compressor.
Old 09-06-2002
Registered!!

AceKicker is an unknown quantity at this point
I know not like anyone cares about me but I have to drop out again. I F'ing tired of always having to miss all the fun becuase of the G.D. navy, plus they are making me work the Air Show here that weekend getting all teh jets ans peopel ready. They threw my on the weekend night shift. So i work 7pm until 7am every friday, sat sunday and monday for the next two months. So no NOPI either. god this sucks. Sorry inca I wish i could be the other inca pearl one there but I cant make it. Sorry guys I know this looks bad because i had to drop out of the mid atlantic meet becuase of the navy too. Sorry guys. Good luck with the meet and post some pics.
Old 09-06-2002
Mex
Registered!!

Mex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the rough
NOOOOOOOOOOO

you BETTER make it to the next mid-atlantic meet, so help me I'll go down there and tow your car if I need to
Old 09-06-2002
Registered!!

lol oh dont cry I would give u a tissue but i cant. But this wya now yall can wait in suspense to see my car because it wil be done hopefully by the next atlantic meet. BUt if the meet is after march then I will be in Florida. for 5 months.
Old 09-06-2002
Registered!!

oh and mex that is pretty messed up that all u want is my car to come not even my i think im going to cry now. But i will do my best to get up with yall soon enough. before i leave.
Old 09-07-2002
Registered!!

Sorry to hear that AceKicker We'll try to manage without you [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG]

On a lighter note, I got a PM from Kman (another Kevin). He lives in Reston, and he sys he's coming. So -1 +1 I guess...but it would have been better if it was +1 +1 . See you all there!

Kevin =0),
Old 09-07-2002
Registered!!

Sorry for the double post, but I was wondering if anyone who is coming has a PS2 in their car. I've always wanted to see one of those setups in person, so let me know !
Old 09-07-2002
Mex
Registered!!

I'm gonna have a set of 7443 Xtreme white bulbs for sale at the meet.. $10 sounds reasonable. I have no place to put them
Old 09-07-2002
Ms. Moderator

SimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to all
Sorry for the double post, but I was wondering if anyone who is coming has a PS2 in their car. I've always wanted to see one of those setups in person, so let me know ![hr]
Me, me...oh me! I have a PS2.......lol, now only if I had some games!

Old 09-08-2002
Registered!!

form3hide is an unknown quantity at this point
oooo steph, i have games.... i'll bring em ;P

Old 09-08-2002
Registered!!

Sorry for the double post, but I was wondering if anyone who is coming has a PS2 in their car. I've always wanted to see one of those setups in person, so let me know ![hr]
Me, me...oh me! I have a PS2.......lol, now only if I had some games![hr]
You have a PS2 in your car? Excellent
Old 09-08-2002
Ms. Moderator

Haha, yea I got a PS2....basically it's just for watching DVD's since I don't own a single game for it! And it's not like this cool and amazing setup yet. (key word...yet!) But hey....it's fun!
Old 09-08-2002
Mex
Registered!!

heey, looks like crazydragon will be joining us for this meet [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]
Old 09-08-2002
Registered!!

slikor is an unknown quantity at this point
hehe...thats sweet Steph, i cant wait to see your car now after the sweet stuff you've done since i saw it in July

i can bring my GTA2 for PS with me and you can play that on your PS2[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG] hehe
Old 09-08-2002
Ms. Moderator

So do we have a list of people who are coming? I am just curious.......

k, lemme take that back...I just saw that list that Kevin has going. Sorry, I am silly! <--yea I got to use that hand! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 09-08-2002
Mex
Registered!!

I guess we'll know who steph is.. just look for the red hand mark on her forehead [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 09-09-2002
Registered!!

KMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Dman i will buy those bulbs from you....i have Naxos hyperwhites in right now..... do you think your bulbs are really nice cause im lookin for something a lil bit more blue and more powerful...thanks

KMan
Old 09-09-2002
Registered!!

form3hide is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey... I have some orange turn signals that need to be installed.... anyone up for it at the meet?

I got pulled over the other night for not having the amber... so yeah, I want to be somewhat legal from now on... :T

Quick Reply: Tyson's Corner VA Mini-Meet September 14th