Mid Atlantic Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia

Tyson's Corner VA Mini-Meet September 14th

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2002
Sometimes, I can see right through myself ...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
taz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud of
Okay. I know how to get to DC from here (Virginia Beach). Take 264 to 64 to the 295 bypass around Richmond to 95 and keep heading north. I'm guessing that Tyson's Corner will be an exit off of 95? I may end up coming up Friday night instead and stay in Arlington/Fort Belvior. My gf has relatives there, so that'd be cool. Just means I've got to bring the girlfriend along. And I just looked at the calendar, and it seems that I'm actually a week behind. I thought it was the 21st, not the 28th. I'm supposed to be working at my second job all day Saturday, but I'm giving my two weeks tonight, so I might actually be free! I'll let you guys know.
Old 08-28-2002
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
It is actually of 495. on 95 take 495 West. That will take you around the West side of the belt way and Tyson's is on the West/north west corner of the beltway. there is a big sign for it.
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

slikor is an unknown quantity at this point
Here are directions off of 95 that you can use taz757:

1. Merge onto I-95 N. 84.47 miles

2: Take the I-395 N exit- exit number 170A- on the
left towards WASHINGTON. 0.25 miles

3: Merge onto I-395 N. 0.01 miles

4: Take the I-495 N exit- exit number 170B- towards
TYSONS CORNER. 0.55 miles

5: Merge onto I-495 N. 10.61 miles

6: Take the VA-123 S/CHAIN BR RD exit- exit number
46A- towards TYSONS CORNER. 0.19 miles

7: Merge onto CHAIN BRIDGE RD. 0.63 miles

Or, goto MapQuest and get driving directions to the exact address of Tysons Corner:
1961 Chain Bridge Rd
Mclean, VA
22102-4502 US

Also, here is the map with the smiley face marking where the meet will be in Tysons Corner:
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

theguysmiley is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Taz, just go to TRIPQUEST.COM and get door-to-door directions with the address that slikor put in his post. That should work .

Thanks for the interest people. This should work out

BTW: I had my door dent repaired today, so don't worry about bringing any dent repair kits, (not that anyone was anyway [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]).
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

[B]BAD NEWS GUYS [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG] :
My girlfriend just reminded me that we are supposed to have rain and possibly severe thunderstorms the rest of this week, all the way up through Sunday/Monday of next week. That puts the Saturday that we'd be meeting smack-dab in the middle of it . I really don't know what to do now, 'cause the park would be out during a thunderstorm, and I wouldn't want some of you to drive for hours to get stuck under a parking deck.

What does everyone want to do? We could:

Push ahead and say "Screw the storm!!!"
Postpone the meet.
Cancel it all together.

What's everyone's call? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

aww.....fug...that figures ya know...we have a friggin drought all summer and the one week we're gonna have a meet, its all rainy and thunderstorming*sigh*

well, since we are meeting in a parking garage, that would be ok. then we could still cruise around...but if its REAL rain and thunder (like it was minus the thunder on my way to work today) cruising around wouldnt be all that much fun). aww man, maybe we should postpone it if by, say, the end of tomorrow its still supposed to be raining that day. plus that way maybe Rob and Will can come if we postpone it what do y'all think?
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

I think I agree with you slikor. Let's wait until tommorow to see what the weather man says, and then decide. Anyone else have an opinion, or are you just along for the ride [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG] ?

Plus, it'd be cool if Will and Robb could make it, so we'll have to see what happens.

Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

SiBorland is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll try to be there and hopefully with some other Ep's.
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

SiBorland: it'd be great to have you peeps. if we postpone because of bad weather, will you wanna come then too? it'd be great to have some 02 Si's there

whoops...i meant '02 Si
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

Well couldnt we just move it down a level in the parking garage? BTW the 03 Si's dont come out until October....so i have a little more time to say mine is the brand new Si [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

hehe sorry i meant 02

well, the problem isnt the parking garage, its that we wanted to be able to cruise around after meeting up, but if its raining and isht thats not gonna be all that fun.
Old 08-28-2002

taz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud of
Honestly, I think next weekend would definately be a better idea. The rain is coming down here in the Beach. I can't even get home because all of the roads are flooded that are leading to my house! I'm glad I didn't go with that Injen CAI now.

Also, if we have it next weekend, I'll definately have a better chance of coming up for a visit for the weekend or whatever. I'm not 100% sure what my soon-to-be-former employer will do : keep me on the schedule or take me off. I'd definately like to get up with some other 7th gen heads though. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

if it was moved to next weekend, it couldnt be saturday for me cause i'm going to Kings Dominion the whole day[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

izmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really nice
Hey guys, I can make it on saturday ... ive been reading all this talk about the rain, is everything still on? I have some reverse indiglo gauges that I want to install, anybody have any experience with those?
Old 08-29-2002
Registered!!

JohnDoe is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll be there! Nice chance for me to show off my subs and amp install.. and get some ideas for the rest of my ride.
Old 08-29-2002
Registered!!

Hey Peeps, just saw the weather report on the news . NOT GOOD . We're supposed to have rain today and tommorow, with thunderstorms on Sat and Sun . It doesn't look good for this weekend. I think we should probably move it to Sept. 14th or the 21st. That way anybody planning on coming from far away can make arrangements, and we may be able to round up a few more people between now and then. I mean, we could meet during the storm, but then we're confined to the parking deck which would be [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] .

PM me with your thoughts. FINAL DECISION before 2:00 today.
Old 08-29-2002
Registered!!

i agree that we should postpone the meet...either the 14th or the 21st works for me. we'll need to make sure everyone knows though, so noone show up anyway[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 08-29-2002
Registered!!

OK...

THE MEET IS POST-PONED UNTIL EITHER SEPT 14TH OR THE 21ST.

This is due to the weather, and to the fact that by that time a few of us will have enough installs to do that we can have an all out MOD-FEST (in the words of izmaxx ). Sorry for the delay peeps, my weather controlling skills are fading [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG] . I'll keep this thread up for the meet, and I'll post anyone who can attend on the "roll" in my title post. I'll PM everyone who said they would come, and I hope everyone can make it. It would be nice to see at least 10-15 smiling faces at the meet . Let's see what we can do. Take care

Kevin,

P.S. I'm gonna be REALLY pissed if the weatherman is wrong [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG].
Old 08-29-2002
Registered!!

yeah, seriously man, it would suck if tomorrow its all nice and sunny and isht[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]

oh well, i think we'll have more ppl when we do have it since they'll have more time to plan
Old 08-29-2002
Registered!!

I vote for the 14th, I'll be at Nopi on the 21st and I'm ordering all kinds of stuff to put on my car for that meet up (shift ****, engine cover, oil cap, exhaust, camber kit, wheels) what do you all say?
Old 08-29-2002

Well, screw you guys and the weatherman! [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

I'm not gonna wait almost a month to install my headlights.

I think I might be buying one of those GReddy EVO cat-backs from Rob @ Tornactive though, so that'll give us something to do. I'm having a hard time parting with $500. [IMG]i/expressions/demon.gif[/IMG] I'd rather get the DC TCS, but it's quite heavy and rather expensive. I'm hearing good things about the GReddy though. If you guys can persuade me to get it, I just might.
Old 08-29-2002
Registered!!

Ichiban is an unknown quantity at this point
GReddy is good...GReddy is your friend...You want a GReddy.
Old 08-29-2002
Registered!!

The 14th sounds good to me, any objections?
Old 08-29-2002
Registered!!

the 14th sounds good to me, too. no objections here.

hell, maybe by then i will have my fu&*ing Thermal exhaust that i've ordered from TornActive but they havent received yet from their distributor[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]*sigh*
Old 08-29-2002
Registered!!

inca is an unknown quantity at this point
hey everybody..im gonna try to make it too

i live about an hour and a half south of tysons corner, so im pretty sure i can be there
Old 08-29-2002
Registered!!

Hey Inca, that'd be great! I'd like to see your car in person since I want to do the same scheme you are, (except with Silver and Black/gunmetal/carbon fiber). Hope to see ya' there!

-See, we already got one more person [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]. Maybe the rain is a good thing [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] .
Old 08-29-2002
Registered!!

excellent, another person maybe this damn rain wont be so bad after all
Old 08-29-2002

So, is the meet still on for this upcoming Saturday or we doing sometime in Sept? I'm all ready to go to the meet this weekend if you guys are gonna do it. It's nice to have a 3-day weekend.
Old 08-29-2002
Registered!!

17VtecE is an unknown quantity at this point
nice
Old 08-29-2002
Registered!!

the meet is postponed to Sept 14th, guys.

Quick Reply: Tyson's Corner VA Mini-Meet September 14th