Mid Atlantic Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia

Tyson's Corner VA Mini-Meet September 14th

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2002
Ms. Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to all
Um I'm planning on going....but you won't come with me. So stop complaining!
Old 09-04-2002
Registered!!

form3hide is an unknown quantity at this point
ha! i wouldn't drive behind you anyways... your car hardly works yo ;P hehe just teasing

besides, you're going down like thurs...
Old 09-04-2002
Mex
Registered!!

Mex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the rough
new plans for the meet..

rather than meeting in the garage, we'll first meet in the parking lot circled in the pic below. after awhile (or once we have everyone who said they'd come) we'll head up to the top of the parking garage where no one will disturb us throughout the rest of the meet. I just know mall security will come and tell us to leave if we don't hide unless someone knows of a better meet area, then we could travel there. anyway, directions are shown in the pic below. Surely everyone knows how to get to the I-495 capitol beltway:

any objections? if so, we'll make the necessary changes [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]
Old 09-04-2002
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
If someone contacts mall security and says we are just meeting there, we won't cause any trouble, and we won't be that long, they shouldn't bother us. Just make sure they know.
Old 09-04-2002
Registered!!

theguysmiley is an unknown quantity at this point
OK, 1:00PM it is! Now Mex, what store is that parking lot in front of?

And Robb, are you planning on coming now?
Old 09-04-2002

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
no i was just telling you guys what to do, sorry for the confusion. I will be in ALOT of pain on the 14th!!
Old 09-04-2002
Sometimes, I can see right through myself ...

taz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud of
I'll more than likely show up, but there's a chance that I might be a bit late as I'll be coming from ~3 hours away. That means that I've gotta get up earlier on Saturday to come up. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG]
Old 09-04-2002
Registered!!

form3hide is an unknown quantity at this point
Do any of you, that are going, mind if i get one of your cell phone numbers? that way if my *** gets lost, i dont get too paranoid ;P ha
Old 09-04-2002
Registered!!

slikor is an unknown quantity at this point
i like the idea of meeting out in the open at first, then moving to the garage if neccessary.

y'all can have my cell phone number, cause i know i'll be there and i might even come a bit early to chill beforehand its 301-471-5503
Old 09-04-2002

Well on a saturday it is gonna be biotch to find a place to park all together especially under the parking garage. You might have to drive around, but don't lose anyone, cuz that place is HUGE!
Old 09-04-2002
Registered!!

Ditto what Robb said. I picked that parking garage because it was the only one where there was no access to the store from the top level, (which means all the lazy people would find somewhere else to park where they won't have to use an elevator.) Mex, still waiting on which store is closest to that parking lot on the map .
Old 09-04-2002
Mex
Registered!!

Mex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the rough
the parking lot looks pretty big, so even on a saturday we should be fine. I updated the overhead map to show the names of the department stores. it's right between Lord & Taylor and JC Penny
Old 09-04-2002
Registered!!

Excellent! I'll be there around 12:00-12:30, and then I'll have to dip out between 3:45 and 4:30. Que' Bueno!!!

BTW: The parking deck we were going to meet on is connected to Bloomingdale's, on the bottom-left side of the map.
Old 09-04-2002
Mex
Registered!!

we should head up to the garage after we have everyone.. the mall won't want us taking up space by working on our cars. at least we'll get to travel in a group for awhile [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 09-04-2002
Registered!!

We should be able to work on our cars at the park, if I'm not mistaken. Plus it should look tight to see a circle of Civic's with their hoods up taking up the whole park .
Old 09-05-2002
Mex
Registered!!

of course, the park we'll do that
Old 09-05-2002
Registered!!

Ok here's a map to the park, and I'm at work so I don't have a program that will let me circle the park, so get to work Mex [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

It's called FREEDOM HILL PARK

-Start at Leesburg Pike, and turn onto Gosnell Road (it is only on one side of the road, so it's either a left or a right depending on which way you're coming from). After that, take a right onto Old Courthouse Road (a few streets up, but I think it should be the next light). Then, the park is about 1/8 of a mile up on the left (on the map it's the VERY small green spot that says FREEDOM HILL PARK). Hope this helps everybody, and if anyone can find a better map...feel free . This is gonna be tight !

Attachments:
[IMG]/forums/themes/orbitz/paperclip.gif[/IMG] Map of Park.gif (24 Kb)
Old 09-05-2002

taz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud of
I think it'd be better if we all just meet in the parking garage and then caravan over to the park.

BTW, fixing your image there guysmiley ...

Old 09-05-2002
Ms. Moderator

SimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to all
I must have missed the part where it was said we are going to park...but hey, that works for me. So let me get this straight. Everyone is meeting at the first parking lot between 12-1. Are we going to the parking garage or what? After we are gonna go to this park?

I'm just trying to figure everything out.
Old 09-05-2002
Registered!!

slikor is an unknown quantity at this point
i think what we are doing is meeting at the parking lot apointed by Mex in the overhead picture of the mall area, and then going to the park after everyone is gathered together. at the park we will do any installs and chill. then, i guess after we finish ppl's installs, we'll raid a fast food joint or something like that, right?
Old 09-05-2002
Registered!!

SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION!!!

Originally we were going to meet on the parking deck, and then move to the park. Now Mex brought up meeting in a parking lot, and I guess we're going along with that. So here's the plan:

First, we are meeting in the parking lot that was mentioned earlier (Mex posted a pic)

Second, we are moving to the park, and I posted a pic a few posts before this one.

I'm assuming we'll be in the parking lot until about 2:00-2:30, if not later. Then we'll go to the park, (and somewhere in between we'll get some food). Make sense [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] ?
Old 09-05-2002
Registered!!

inca is an unknown quantity at this point
sounds good..

i swear you all are gonna think some little kid stole my car when i pull up. i look like a damn 12 year old [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 09-05-2002

I don't care what we do honestly. It'll just be nice to run with a whole bunch of 7th gens. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

Ill try to be there sometime between 1 and 2. I really don't feel like getting up that early and on the road.
Old 09-05-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: incamustard
sounds good..

i swear you all are gonna think some little kid stole my car when i pull up. i look like a damn 12 year old [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][hr]
Hehehe, and I'm gonna be in a shirt and tie for the church thingy I've gotta slip out for. We're gonna be an interesting little bunch, that's for sure .
Old 09-05-2002
Registered!!

izmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really nice
Hey do any of you guys want one of them 7thgen stickers? They come in pairs I think. I might order it but I'll probably only put one of them on my car, anybody want to split it?
Old 09-05-2002

[hr]Originally posted by: izmaxx
Hey do any of you guys want one of them 7thgen stickers? They come in pairs I think. I might order it but I'll probably only put one of them on my car, anybody want to split it?[hr]
Actually, I just ordered 2 set of stickers, 1 in blue and 1 in white. Why? I dunno. Sorry.
Old 09-05-2002
Registered!!

izmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really nice
Are you going to use them all? I just want one. Let me know if you're willing to part with one....
Old 09-05-2002

I think you guys better be ready for Mex, theguysmiley and I on Saturday. We are going to make complete fools out of ourself in the park parking lot. It'll involve a TV and a PSOne and other things. I can't divulge the rest of the secret, but if theguysmiley and I can get it together, it'll be laughs for everybody. I think I might be able to get Mex in on this too after I talk to him. Pretty much we'll be providing the afternoon entertainment while you guys are working on installing stuff in your cars. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 09-05-2002
Registered!!

Hehehe, our little suprise (if it works out) will definetly add a little bit of "personality" to the meet. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 09-05-2002
Registered!!

inca is an unknown quantity at this point
hmm...should i bring a video camera as well as my digital one?? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Tyson's Corner VA Mini-Meet September 14th