General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Pictures of the 2004 Acura EL... from Canada...

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2003
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HustleLikeMOFO is an unknown quantity at this point
that looks tight, the front bumper kinda reminds me of the tsunami front bumper for some reason.
Old 10-05-2003
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bellz has a spectacular aura aboutBellz has a spectacular aura about
ok...stupid question time.
Does Canada have a coupe? If so, how does it look now?
Old 10-05-2003
JDM wannabe

nme3 is an unknown quantity at this point
in Canada coupe and sedans are the same as in US but instead of having the EX sedan we got the Acura 1.7 EL but now they are coming out with the Si sedan.
Old 10-05-2003
All Eyes On Z

SlammedBlueEM2 is on a distinguished road
Yeah but you won't find a coupe ever with an Acura emblem on it.
Old 10-05-2003
Registered!!

jonavin is an unknown quantity at this point
It looks alright. The front end isn't really a whole lot different from 2001-2003 EL. Rear end is basically just new lights and bumper. The shape of teh lights aren't even different so I'm sure previous 1.7EL owners can do an easy swap. They should had these rear lights and bumper since 2001. It would've made the EL look a lot more unique compared to the Civic.

Any interior changes? There seems to be some minor interior change every year. I guess the engine stays the same for another two years.
Old 10-05-2003
Registered!!

mk32382 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by CiViCPrAnInG2k1
30k cdn? then how much would that be in us? around 25k?
that looks nice and everything but the car is virtually a civic with only slight cosmetic upgrades. HONDA and so does every company does a very good marketing tactic of using the same car, badge it differently with a name and sell them at a way higher price. personally i would just buy a civic and save the money. its one of those scams companies do in US to rip up more dumb *** consumers.

jm2c
The Acura EL is more different from a Civic than you seem to think. First off, it would be right around 22k USD. There are, however, more than slight cosmetic upgrades to the car. Think about it all compared to a Civic Sedan EX. The suspension is tuned way differently...more nimble, a bit stiffer than a civic sedan, although I hear they are softening it up for the new models. Standard side airbags. Standard Leather interior. Standard woodgrain trim. Definitely more comfortable armrest. Nicer, white gauges. Leather wrapped steering wheel and shift ****, and leather and chrome accents. As a result, the build quality of some parts of the cabin is probably better than any civic. Let's not forget the standard ABS rear discs with electronic brake distribution. That alone is worth a couple thousand as a safety feature. So between a US EX at near 17k, and an EL at 22000, it's not that bad at all. You definitely pay a bit more for Acura badging, but that is to be expected. I don't consider 5k more at ALL a bad price for the leather, nicer interior, better suspension, rear electronic discs, and side airbags. In fact, it's a bargain. I would buy one in a heartbeat, especially if they made a coupe for the US. If you bought a civic, and did those upgrades afterwards, it would run WAY more than 5k...not including the Lip kit he got too. Research a bit before you essentially call all EL owners "dumb *** consumers".
Old 10-05-2003
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
Hey! I'm a dumbass consumer! look at me go!!!!

I'm so dumb:

Someone please kill me before I get any dumber! LOL!!!
Old 10-05-2003
Registered!!

R3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to all
i love the tails. looks like a techno remix of the last model accords
Old 10-06-2003
Registered!!

jenjens_civic is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah i'd sport the front and those foglites, sweet!
Old 10-06-2003
Registered!!

civic-king is an unknown quantity at this point
will those headlamps fit the 01-03 civic?
i wanna......
Old 10-06-2003
Registered!!

txtadik is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by TeLLy
Hey! I'm a dumbass consumer! look at me go!!!!

I'm so dumb:

Someone please kill me before I get any dumber! LOL!!!
holy @#*%(*@(*#! nice car fella adobo lover
Old 10-06-2003
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
Thank you. Now please get out of my trunk, I keep telling you I don't stash the sinigang in there, and no you can't have any. LOL.
Old 10-07-2003
Bushido

MrWong is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by mk32382
The Acura EL is more different from a Civic than you seem to think. First off, it would be right around 22k USD. There are, however, more than slight cosmetic upgrades to the car. Think about it all compared to a Civic Sedan EX. The suspension is tuned way differently...more nimble, a bit stiffer than a civic sedan, although I hear they are softening it up for the new models. Standard side airbags. Standard Leather interior. Standard woodgrain trim. Definitely more comfortable armrest. Nicer, white gauges. Leather wrapped steering wheel and shift ****, and leather and chrome accents. As a result, the build quality of some parts of the cabin is probably better than any civic. Let's not forget the standard ABS rear discs with electronic brake distribution. That alone is worth a couple thousand as a safety feature. So between a US EX at near 17k, and an EL at 22000, it's not that bad at all. You definitely pay a bit more for Acura badging, but that is to be expected. I don't consider 5k more at ALL a bad price for the leather, nicer interior, better suspension, rear electronic discs, and side airbags. In fact, it's a bargain. I would buy one in a heartbeat, especially if they made a coupe for the US. If you bought a civic, and did those upgrades afterwards, it would run WAY more than 5k...not including the Lip kit he got too. Research a bit before you essentially call all EL owners "dumb *** consumers".
True to that. I drove the EL before it does have a stiffer ride, i am not a big fan of the woodgrain trim though, the engine is the same as the Si (EX US)engine, so no improvement there. I am also not a big fan of leather, in fact if the car came with leather I would pay extra for cloth. I do like the rear disc, all civics should have those.
Old 10-07-2003
Registered!!

clementlo is an unknown quantity at this point
Have to remove the pictures.. too many traffic!

Guys.. sorry about the picuters.. I have to remove off my webserver... with in just 7 days.. Rogers E-Mail me saying I have past my 300 MB Traffic Limit! And Disable my Web account for a month!

Great!

If someone intrested, just send me an E-Mail at: clement.lo@rogers.com

I will E-Mail the picture to you!
Old 10-22-2003
Registered!!

jonavin is an unknown quantity at this point
It's on the main www.Acura.CA site now. Look for pictures there.
Old 10-22-2003
Registered!!

nuffsed is an unknown quantity at this point
hey clementlo... if you want i can host the pics...

pm me if u're interested