Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Correct O2 Sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2015
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Correct O2 Sensor?

2004 Civic VP. A/T. 65K miles

Just trying to confirm if this:
Amazon.com: Denso 234-9005 Oxygen Sensor: Automotive Amazon.com: Denso 234-9005 Oxygen Sensor: Automotive
is the correct oxygen sensor?
Old 08-13-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Correct O2 Sensor?

is the correct oxygen sensor?
Which sensor?
Old 08-13-2015

Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ezone
Which sensor?
Primary
Old 08-13-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

04-05 use an AF sensor for primary

part number looks the same as what's been hashed out on the forum in the past for a DENSO sensor. Did yours come with a Denso, or did it come with a NTK?

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...questions.html
Old 08-13-2015

Originally Posted by ezone
Did yours come with a Denso, or did it come with a NTK?
Thanks Ezone.

Don't know we bought it used. Three months after purchase CEL came on (still on) code pointed to primary O2. Looks like someone installed a new one (blue wrap) before purchase except it seems it's not the correct one. Been this way for 10k miles and engine seems to run fine but, my mom is ready to get it fixed.
Dealer wants $500.. I charge a 6-pack of Lagunitas Censored beer http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/220/3711/ Lol.

Last edited by Wankenstein; 08-13-2015 at 02:45 AM.
Old 08-13-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reverb2005 is a glorious beacon of lightReverb2005 is a glorious beacon of lightReverb2005 is a glorious beacon of lightReverb2005 is a glorious beacon of lightReverb2005 is a glorious beacon of lightReverb2005 is a glorious beacon of light

I put the same sensor in my D17A1 (which I assume is in your VP?)

The Denso 234-9005 is the correct A/F (primary) sensor. Dealer notoriously overcharges for these sensors, don't be fooled by the price difference; there are deals to be had with buying them online and doing it yourself. Should be good to go.

You could go with NTK, but from my experience, Denso seems to work well for me anyway.
Old 08-13-2015

Originally Posted by Reverb2005
I put the same sensor in my D17A1 (which I assume is in your VP?)

The Denso 234-9005 is the correct A/F (primary) sensor. Dealer notoriously overcharges for these sensors, don't be fooled by the price difference; there are deals to be had with buying them online and doing it yourself. Should be good to go.

You could go with NTK, but from my experience, Denso seems to work well for me anyway.

Thanks Braj