Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Help me find these parts please

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dameancharles is an unknown quantity at this point
Help me find these parts please

I have a 2002 Honda civic lx coupe with a 1.7 liter vtec. I do not know what the exact name of the engine is because I'm a noob with hondas.

Anyways, besides just helping me figure out the exact name of the engine, can someone post links to performance parts that will fit this engine, I know they are very hard to find for these engines but I was hoping I could get the links for the following parts

High performance camshafts
Valve springs
High performance Injectors
High performance intake manifold
High performance exhaust manifold
And maybe any other performance mods that will fit

Like I said, I am a complete Honda newbie and even if the following parts cant be provided, maybe a link to a site that will teach me more about Honda engines and history without too much digging would be helpful.

I'm planning a turbo in the far future so advice on that would also help.
As of now though, I just want to add a little more pep to my car and the lack of knowledge and options is hard.
Thanks
Old 04-01-2019
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Help me find these parts please

Engine is a D17 non VTEC (EX trim had VTEC).

Seach the information is out there. Not many parts are made for that engine but you can add an intake manifold from a D16 and possibly injectors. If you use the D17 in the search you should get more info.
Old 04-01-2019
Registered!!

Originally Posted by GolNat
Engine is a D17 non VTEC (EX trim had VTEC).

Seach the information is out there. Not many parts are made for that engine but you can add an intake manifold from a D16 and possibly injectors. If you use the D17 in the search you should get more info.
oh, my engine has vtec right on the head, is it just for cosmetic reasons?

Last edited by Dameancharles; 04-01-2019 at 01:04 PM. Reason: changing
Old 04-01-2019
Prelude Owner

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

It might have a VTEC head or its just the cover. D17a1 is non VTEC and D17a2 is VTEC. It could have been swapped though so look for the engine code and VTEC solenoid. It could also actually be a Ex.

Engine code location:

VTEC Solenoid location:

Old 04-01-2019
Registered!!

Thanks a lot man, that helps me at least know what engine I have, I'll check it when I have the time and tell what it is so I can get expert help, thanks
Old 04-01-2019
Registered!!

Ok, yeah I must of been tricking myself into thinking it said vtec on the head from looking at too many pics, it is a d17a1, so where can I find the performance mods for it, I have looked everywhere and I cant find anything big, not even a gosh darn performance intake.
Old 04-01-2019
Prelude Owner

I just Googled 2002 Civic intake and there was lot's available. Not sure why you are having issues. They make cheap eBay headers for it but you will need add a cat for emissions.
Old 04-01-2019
Registered!!

When you click the links they all say only for d16 and random other 4 cylinders
Old 04-01-2019
Prelude Owner

https://www.ebay.com/i/131648652498?chn=ps

https://www.protuninglab.com/20hociv...iABEgLiNfD_BwE

https://www.1aauto.com/2001-05-honda...CABEgL5ufD_BwE

Make your own it's an easy DIY.
Old 04-02-2019
Registered!!

I'm not looking for a intake, I'm look for the actual intake manifold, they have that big cylinder type thing and the four arms that go into the head ya know
Old 04-02-2019
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,122 Likes on 937 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

like GolNat said you can modify a d16 one to work
Old 04-02-2019
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

I don't believe anyone makes an intake manifold for the d17.

...I made my own, cost a month of my life and $1000 in the end. Lol (could probably do it for $400 now).

Most people modify a D16 manifold to fit. The runners are tighter though than the stock d17 manofold, you won't see much of a change in power, if any. (Its usually done so you can boost the car and not blow up the d17 plastic manifold.