Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

It seems KMS offers D17 throttle bodies too!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
It seems KMS offers D17 throttle bodies too!

http://www.honda-performance.com/pro...&productID=321

I don't think this is a repost - but thought others might be interested in this, since there was a throttle body boring thread going around. I'm not sure what some the featuers mean, but its only $75 more than the standard "boring" service that the maxbore offered....
Old 08-21-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
That's too expensive, and I'm convinced they don't do as good of a job. Someone here has the KMS bored tb and is having tons of problems with idle. They don't even remove the sensors before boring it! Also, I don't see any mention of putting a taper on the TB like stock has. I'm very happy with the maxbore tb. They even put real screws on the tps in case you need to adjust it. All I had to do was tighten the throttle cable and make sure the idle was around 700rpms in neutral.
Old 08-21-2004
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
throttle bodie will do ????
sorry i an new t this whole car thing
Old 08-21-2004
Registered!!

cosmo is an unknown quantity at this point
Allows more or less air into the intake manifold.
Old 08-21-2004

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
xproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nice
u know what.. it doesnt say anything about it costing $175 to bore the throttle body... when i first looked at it i thought they were selling a throttle body for $175... only because it doesnt have any info i guess on there
Old 08-21-2004
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by xproductionz
u know what.. it doesnt say anything about it costing $175 to bore the throttle body... when i first looked at it i thought they were selling a throttle body for $175... only because it doesnt have any info i guess on there
Yeah - I think its $175 for a whole throttle body.

Gearbox - Jrocks was having idling issues because his SAFC wasn't set right - didn't you read the thread? It wasn't his throttle body....

Last edited by opto_isolator; 08-21-2004 at 09:07 PM.
Old 08-21-2004

xproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nice
if it is $175 for the whole body i would rather buy that instead of taking my stock TB off and sending it only to have my car down for a few days..if i do send it i would have to rent a car for those days and the cost of rental plus sending the TB would be about the same price of getting a new TB from KMS.. assuming that is the whole throttle body
Old 08-21-2004
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
jrock just IMed me a couple nights ago about fluctuating rpms. That's most likely a bad or misaligned TPS. I gave him alot of stuff to try, and he said it wasn't working. This is when the safc was all set back to stock (no tuning).
Old 08-22-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
jrock just IMed me a couple nights ago about fluctuating rpms. That's most likely a bad or misaligned TPS. I gave him alot of stuff to try, and he said it wasn't working. This is when the safc was all set back to stock (no tuning).
...Or a vacuum leak....
Old 08-22-2004
I'm NeonImpact's a55hat!

specter542 should not be trustedspecter542 should not be trustedspecter542 should not be trustedspecter542 should not be trusted
Originally Posted by Zachgeyer
throttle bodie will do ????
sorry i an new t this whole car thing
figures, someone with a cat on their muffler tip would ask a question as stupid as this....are you new at typing too? because you suck at that as well.

gimme a break buddy, do some fuc king research.
Old 08-22-2004
I'm NeonImpact's a55hat!

specter542 should not be trustedspecter542 should not be trustedspecter542 should not be trustedspecter542 should not be trusted
Originally Posted by opto_isolator
...Or a vacuum leak....
bingo
Old 08-22-2004
I wish I was asian

cambo has a spectacular aura aboutcambo has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by specter542
figures, someone with a cat on their muffler tip would ask a question as stupid as this....are you new at typing too? because you suck at that as well.

gimme a break buddy, do some fuc king research.
someone's coming back to posting with a stick up there ***.
Old 08-22-2004
I'm NeonImpact's a55hat!

Originally Posted by cambo
someone's coming back to posting with a stick up there ***.
wow, did u mom make that comeback for ya....

if you are stupid enough to be on a car forum and not know what a t.b is, then u need to end yourself
Old 08-23-2004
I wish I was asian

wow, did u mom make that comeback for ya....

if you are stupid enough to be on a car forum and not know what a t.b is, then u need to end yourself
not everyone on this board is about tuning cars. Some people just like to learn about their car and/or find out about some possible problems down the road so they'll know what to do when something breaks.

Not to mention that not everyone on this board speaks english. Its possible that there are people who are learning english and are typing to the best of their ability.

If you contributed or frequented the boards more often, then you would have known about the "hello kitty" exhaust tips being sold in Asia. A lot of members got a kick out of it. So why not use it as a sig?

And if the only reason you come to a car forum is to talk down to people and their cars, then why be here? Are you trying to boost your self-esteem on the internet? I hope not.

I've been reading your post from the past few days and thats all you do. Trash talk this, put someone down there, laugh at someone's ride and make idiotic comments. Who the hell cares? At least they like what they've done to their car. Thats all that matters. Who's to say that your car isn't the ugliest ride on the face of the planet? I could say that, hell anyone could say that. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder remember.

Last edited by cambo; 08-23-2004 at 12:56 AM.
Old 08-23-2004

Originally Posted by cambo
not everyone on this board is about tuning cars. Some people just like to learn about their car and/or find out about some possible problems down the road so they'll know what to do when something breaks.

Not to mention that not everyone on this board speaks english. Its possible that there are people who are learning english and are typing to the best of their ability.

If you contributed or frequented the boards more often, then you would have known about the "hello kitty" exhaust tips being sold in Asia. A lot of members got a kick out of it. So why not use it as a sig?

And if the only reason you come to a car forum is to talk down to people and their cars, then why be here? Are you trying to boost your self-esteem on the internet? I hope not.

I've been reading your post from the past few days and thats all you do. Trash talk this, put someone down there, laugh at someone's ride and make idiotic comments. Who the hell cares? At least they like what they've done to their car. Thats all that matters. Who's to say that your car is the ugliest ride on the face of the planet? I could say that, hell anyone could say that. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder remember.

agree
Old 08-23-2004
I'm NeonImpact's a55hat!

dude relax...im just given that fukcer a hard time for not knowing what a thottle body is...why is everyone one this website so goody goody??
Old 08-23-2004
Registered!!

bobbyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't even waste your time searching KMS's crap on their site. Non of their stuff has been proven.
Old 08-23-2004
Registered!!

Skellz is an unknown quantity at this point
Figures ... a Cocky 18 year old from Virgina thinks hes a know it all. Man keep your Fuc<ing comments in the common wealth.
Old 08-23-2004
I wish I was asian

Originally Posted by Skellz
Figures ... a Cocky 18 year old from Virgina thinks hes a know it all. Man keep your Fuc<ing comments in the common wealth.
Old 08-23-2004
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
dude relax...im just given that fukcer a hard time for not knowing what a thottle body is...why is everyone one this website so goody goody??
They're not "goody goodies" you're just that big of an ***. I'm gettin sick of seeing you rip people all over the place because you don't like what they've done or simply don't agree.

Take your internet god complex somewhere else.
Old 08-23-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
You know what they say - if you don't have anything nice to say...

You're asking someone to give you a break for NOT giving someone ELSE a break. Hypocritical?

Last edited by TeLLy; 08-23-2004 at 12:03 PM.
Old 08-23-2004
Registered!!

Love how this TB thread got turned into a shouting match....thanks guys!
Old 08-23-2004
Premium Member

Just wanted to post that a member was right--I was losing power with the bored tb. I've since gone back to stock yet again! I can feel the torque increase after the switch.
Old 08-23-2004
Generation X'd out.

OhHellNo has a spectacular aura aboutOhHellNo has a spectacular aura aboutOhHellNo has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Pharoh
They're not "goody goodies" you're just that big of an ***. I'm gettin sick of seeing you rip people all over the place because you don't like what they've done or simply don't agree.

Take your internet god complex somewhere else.

agreed. This guy never has anything good to say about anybody or anything