Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Bolt-on Engine Performance (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/266-bolt-engine-performance)
-   -   It seems KMS offers D17 throttle bodies too! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/266-bolt-engine-performance/169825-seems-kms-offers-d17-throttle-bodies-too.html)

opto_isolator 08-21-2004 07:11 PM

It seems KMS offers D17 throttle bodies too!

http://www.honda-performance.com/pro...&productID=321

I don't think this is a repost - but thought others might be interested in this, since there was a throttle body boring thread going around. I'm not sure what some the featuers mean, but its only $75 more than the standard "boring" service that the maxbore offered....

gearbox 08-21-2004 07:27 PM

That's too expensive, and I'm convinced they don't do as good of a job. Someone here has the KMS bored tb and is having tons of problems with idle. They don't even remove the sensors before boring it! Also, I don't see any mention of putting a taper on the TB like stock has. I'm very happy with the maxbore tb. They even put real screws on the tps in case you need to adjust it. All I had to do was tighten the throttle cable and make sure the idle was around 700rpms in neutral.

zachgeyer 08-21-2004 07:34 PM

throttle bodie will do ????
sorry i an new t this whole car thing

cosmo 08-21-2004 07:36 PM

Allows more or less air into the intake manifold.

xproductionz 08-21-2004 07:56 PM

u know what.. it doesnt say anything about it costing $175 to bore the throttle body... when i first looked at it i thought they were selling a throttle body for $175... only because it doesnt have any info i guess on there

opto_isolator 08-21-2004 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by xproductionz
u know what.. it doesnt say anything about it costing $175 to bore the throttle body... when i first looked at it i thought they were selling a throttle body for $175... only because it doesnt have any info i guess on there

Yeah - I think its $175 for a whole throttle body.

Gearbox - Jrocks was having idling issues because his SAFC wasn't set right - didn't you read the thread? It wasn't his throttle body....

xproductionz 08-21-2004 08:13 PM

if it is $175 for the whole body i would rather buy that instead of taking my stock TB off and sending it only to have my car down for a few days..if i do send it i would have to rent a car for those days and the cost of rental plus sending the TB would be about the same price of getting a new TB from KMS.. assuming that is the whole throttle body

gearbox 08-21-2004 11:44 PM

jrock just IMed me a couple nights ago about fluctuating rpms. That's most likely a bad or misaligned TPS. I gave him alot of stuff to try, and he said it wasn't working. This is when the safc was all set back to stock (no tuning).

opto_isolator 08-22-2004 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by gearbox
jrock just IMed me a couple nights ago about fluctuating rpms. That's most likely a bad or misaligned TPS. I gave him alot of stuff to try, and he said it wasn't working. This is when the safc was all set back to stock (no tuning).

...Or a vacuum leak....

specter542 08-22-2004 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by Zachgeyer
throttle bodie will do ????
sorry i an new t this whole car thing

figures, someone with a cat on their muffler tip would ask a question as stupid as this....are you new at typing too? because you suck at that as well.

gimme a break buddy, do some fuc king research.

specter542 08-22-2004 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by opto_isolator
...Or a vacuum leak....

bingo

cambo 08-22-2004 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by specter542
figures, someone with a cat on their muffler tip would ask a question as stupid as this....are you new at typing too? because you suck at that as well.

gimme a break buddy, do some fuc king research.

someone's coming back to posting with a stick up there ass. :_ontome:

specter542 08-22-2004 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by cambo
someone's coming back to posting with a stick up there ass. :_ontome:

wow, did u mom make that comeback for ya....

if you are stupid enough to be on a car forum and not know what a t.b is, then u need to end yourself

cambo 08-23-2004 12:36 AM

wow, did u mom make that comeback for ya....

if you are stupid enough to be on a car forum and not know what a t.b is, then u need to end yourself

not everyone on this board is about tuning cars. Some people just like to learn about their car and/or find out about some possible problems down the road so they'll know what to do when something breaks.

Not to mention that not everyone on this board speaks english. Its possible that there are people who are learning english and are typing to the best of their ability.

If you contributed or frequented the boards more often, then you would have known about the "hello kitty" exhaust tips being sold in Asia. A lot of members got a kick out of it. So why not use it as a sig?

And if the only reason you come to a car forum is to talk down to people and their cars, then why be here? Are you trying to boost your self-esteem on the internet? I hope not.

I've been reading your post from the past few days and thats all you do. Trash talk this, put someone down there, laugh at someone's ride and make idiotic comments. Who the hell cares? At least they like what they've done to their car. Thats all that matters. Who's to say that your car isn't the ugliest ride on the face of the planet? I could say that, hell anyone could say that. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder remember.

xproductionz 08-23-2004 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by cambo
not everyone on this board is about tuning cars. Some people just like to learn about their car and/or find out about some possible problems down the road so they'll know what to do when something breaks.

Not to mention that not everyone on this board speaks english. Its possible that there are people who are learning english and are typing to the best of their ability.

If you contributed or frequented the boards more often, then you would have known about the "hello kitty" exhaust tips being sold in Asia. A lot of members got a kick out of it. So why not use it as a sig?

And if the only reason you come to a car forum is to talk down to people and their cars, then why be here? Are you trying to boost your self-esteem on the internet? I hope not.

I've been reading your post from the past few days and thats all you do. Trash talk this, put someone down there, laugh at someone's ride and make idiotic comments. Who the hell cares? At least they like what they've done to their car. Thats all that matters. Who's to say that your car is the ugliest ride on the face of the planet? I could say that, hell anyone could say that. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder remember.

:sweet: agree :rtfm:

specter542 08-23-2004 07:01 AM

dude relax...im just given that fukcer a hard time for not knowing what a thottle body is...why is everyone one this website so goody goody??

bobbyd 08-23-2004 07:20 AM

Don't even waste your time searching KMS's crap on their site. Non of their stuff has been proven.

Skellz 08-23-2004 08:32 AM

Figures ... a Cocky 18 year old from Virgina thinks hes a know it all. Man keep your Fuc<ing comments in the common wealth.

cambo 08-23-2004 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Skellz
Figures ... a Cocky 18 year old from Virgina thinks hes a know it all. Man keep your Fuc<ing comments in the common wealth.

:confused:

Pharoh 08-23-2004 11:13 AM

dude relax...im just given that fukcer a hard time for not knowing what a thottle body is...why is everyone one this website so goody goody??

They're not "goody goodies" you're just that big of an Ass. I'm gettin sick of seeing you rip people all over the place because you don't like what they've done or simply don't agree.

Take your internet god complex somewhere else.

TeLLy 08-23-2004 11:45 AM

You know what they say - if you don't have anything nice to say...:flush:

You're asking someone to give you a break for NOT giving someone ELSE a break. Hypocritical?

opto_isolator 08-23-2004 09:40 PM

Love how this TB thread got turned into a shouting match....thanks guys!

gearbox 08-23-2004 11:08 PM

Just wanted to post that a member was right--I was losing power with the bored tb. I've since gone back to stock yet again! I can feel the torque increase after the switch.

OhHellNo 08-23-2004 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Pharoh
They're not "goody goodies" you're just that big of an Ass. I'm gettin sick of seeing you rip people all over the place because you don't like what they've done or simply don't agree.

Take your internet god complex somewhere else.

agreed. This guy never has anything good to say about anybody or anything