I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Anyone have the JL XR650-csi?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quiksilver09 is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone have the JL XR650-csi?

I got them for my birthday. I haven't put them in yet but what I'm wondering is if I'm going to have to modify the stock tweeter pod. I have a 2002 ex coupe and I'm not sure if they'll fit in there no problem. So I'm just wondering if anyone has already done this and can give me some idea of what I should expect. Thx in advance
Old 01-16-2003
Registered!!

bzrollin is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont have the xr's, but i do have the vr's and im sure you would have to cut out the back of them, the stock tweeters are pretty shallow. other then that, im not sure cuz the xr's have 1" tweeters, but they shouldnt be too hard to mount.
Old 01-18-2003
Registered!!

izod is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll buy em off ya. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-21-2003
Registered!!

slowroll is an unknown quantity at this point
i was also wondering what all you need to install these.
Old 01-30-2003
Registered!!

Izod... I'm not selling them. I'm keepin them to put in my other car. If you want a set get on ebay and buy em off of a wholesaler
Old 01-30-2003
Registered!!

Eeep. Sorry, didnt mean to offend. I ended up screwing my tweeters into the little black corner piece because the tweeter seemed too deep. You may end up having to mount over the stock tweeter hole, or get some salvage pieces and mount on top.
Old 01-31-2003
Registered!!

no it's cool Izod no offense taken I'm just gonna say forget it with the Civic. If I'm going to have to do some customizing I'd rather spend the time in my RX-7. Like I said though take a look on Ebay I found mine for like 160 brand new
Old 01-31-2003
Registered!!

Stay with the Civic! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] They sound _amazing_. I ended up putting XR650-CSis in the front, XR650-CXis in the rear, on a 300/4. With the Eclipse 8051 (same as the 8052) they sound _amazing_. These are some of the best speakers ever. They take a little customizing (Screwing into the black corner piece, 1" plastic spacers that _Barely_ fit, a little dremel on the door panel), but they are well worth it. Once I get my sub in, this may very well be the best system I've ever heard. Dont give up [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] Customizing the 'ole Civics are rewarding
Old 01-31-2003
Registered!!

zoooh is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: izod
Stay with the Civic! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] They sound _amazing_. I ended up putting XR650-CSis in the front, XR650-CXis in the rear, on a 300/4. With the Eclipse 8051 (same as the 8052) they sound _amazing_. These are some of the best speakers ever. They take a little customizing (Screwing into the black corner piece, 1" plastic spacers that _Barely_ fit, a little dremel on the door panel), but they are well worth it. Once I get my sub in, this may very well be the best system I've ever heard. Dont give up [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] Customizing the 'ole Civics are rewarding[hr]
Do you have pics of your installation? Especially the way you mounted tweeters and where you shaved in door panel... I ordered XR650-CSi and 1 inch spacer. I would love to see how you installed it. Thanks,
Old 02-11-2003
Registered!!

I dunno we'll see the RX-7 I got needs new speakers anyway two of them are blown and like I said I'd rather put the work into it. My civic is my daily driver and I put 400 miles a week on it. I'd rather have good sound in the car that I'm cruising around in on the weekend and just having fun in than put a good system in a car that's now meant to get me from point a to point b day in and day out, we'll see though. I just ordered the Pioneer DEH-p940mp for the rex and i may start building from there. Let you know how it goes in the next coupla months
Old 02-12-2003
Registered!!

Zooh,
I dont have a digicam [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG] I can tell you what I did though. Get the door panel off, do fatmat if necessary. Run wires into the door from the passenger compartment. Stick the spacer up around the hole, as center as possible. Grab a drill and make your four holes in the door frame. Screw in the spacer. Drill the holes in the spacer for the speaker (i used 4). Mount the speaker. Grab a dremel like tool and take the plastic ring off right around the speaker grill on the plastic door panel. Mount tweeter on the plastic black block thing in the upper corner. Re-assemble. I'll PM you too