I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

05 Cluster Issue (DX)

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
reverb_ofiver is an unknown quantity at this point
05 Cluster Issue (DX)

Hi everyone, just bought a Civic Reverb 05. So Far I love the car, however I have two questions. One is the mechanic I bought the car off changed the cluster because the first one died and the fuel gauge and temperature gauges work, but are always lower than they should be. For example, on a full tank of gas the fuel gauge shows 3/4 full. It doesn't have to be fixed already but any ideas what this could be?
Occasionally the tach will get stuck for a second at 3000rpm but then quickly correct itself.
I know how to remove the cluster but is there something I could check for, would bad connections cause this issue?
Old 11-30-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: 05 Cluster Issue (DX)

Is the fuel gauge completely consistent, despite being inaccurate, if yes, then you might need to just adjust the needle.
Old 11-30-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MindBomber
Is the fuel gauge completely consistent, despite being inaccurate, if yes, then you might need to just adjust the needle.
Yeah, they are both completely consistent, just too low down, like when I start the car, the temp line is almost an inch below the bottom line but comes up to 1/4 of the way up.
Old 12-01-2011
Registered!!

bumperoo
Old 12-01-2011
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

Check the connections in the back, make sure its all clean, Did they reset the ECU since they changed it? try that and see if it fixes it.
Old 12-02-2011
Registered!!

I reset the ECU but it has only gone through half a tank of gas so far, I noticed that when I filled up with more gas that the line was closer to the top, however, not all the way. Maybe your idea about the ECU makes sense.
Old 12-02-2011
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

It make take a little bit for it to get used to it again. Hope it works out for you. If it doesn't then we can look deeper.