I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Hooking up PS2 to LCD mon.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
Hooking up PS2 to LCD mon.

I wanna put my playstation into my car and I'm trying to figure out the best way to do it. I was thinking of getting one of those in dash DVD players and just hooking up the PS2 to it.

Is it possible to get a regular LCD monitor and hook up a PS2 to it? Would I be able to hook up the LCD monitor and the PS2 to my speakers in the car also?

Let me know which way you guys think would be the most efficient way to do it. thanx
Old 06-05-2004
I R T3H 1338
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

auto84 will become famous soon enoughauto84 will become famous soon enough
you can get just an lcd monitor and hook up the ps2 to it no problem, BUT if you have tha factory head unit, you need to get an rf moduator to hear the sound, if you have an aftermarket head unit with auxillary(sp?) input, then just hook it up to that, they'll both work fine, not really a more or less efficient way to do it.
Old 06-13-2004
Registered!!

baianex is an unknown quantity at this point
Hooking up LCD Screen and PS2 with other options

Yeah, I am also trying to do the same thing...I bought a in dash screen and plan to hook up my PS2 on it. My question is: is there another option other than my cig lighter to hook up my PS2?...I allready have a radar detector which is hooked up to that and didn't want to run the cables all the way down to it.
Old 06-13-2004
Ed
Registered!!

Ed will become famous soon enoughEd will become famous soon enough
Why not just tap into some power somewhere, like the cigarette lighter wire, you can do that for the radar detector too, make thigns a little cleaner.
Old 06-17-2004
Registered!!

izmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really nice
what kind of lcd screens are you guys using and where did you buy them from? i've been wanting to put a PC in my car and im lookin to buy a monitor.
Old 06-22-2004
Registered!!

PennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nice
The way I did mine was I bought a power inverter and had it mounted into the side of my center column under my shifter. The inverter works just like a regular outlet with the video and audio adapters on the back. So I have the PS2 plugged into the power inverter. The question I have is are there any good places mount a PS2? Right now I just have it sitting under my passenger seat.
Old 06-22-2004
Registered!!

civicsound0844 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey izmaxx go to www.MP3Car.com. Those guys are all about putting computers in the car. I guess there is a new LCD called Lilliput(sp) that is a stand alone touch screen that you can use. Just read in there. Awesome idea. Wish I had the money.