Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

side marker questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2003
Tomotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xHoteKx has a spectacular aura aboutxHoteKx has a spectacular aura about
the sidemarkers i got was from a local shop.. only cost me like 9 bucks.. and its oval amber style with the black rubber around it. compliments my blacked out headlights lights very well..

As for that pic, LJ sent me those 2 pics, and i just chopped them together.
Old 09-02-2003
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
Originally posted by cosmo
What size of a bulb is in those markers from tornactive? To those who have done the DIY, did you use the nibblers or how'd you make your holes?
The bulbs are 194 (presently burnt out, the new LED ones are in the mail as we speak). My friend installed them at his shop, using a dremel. Actually, he first used a huge power drill to drill a couple of HUGE holes in the fender. Then he did the fine work with his dremel, which broke on him while he was workin on the fender. It's bad enough hearing a drill go into your car's body, but hearing "KACHUNK...Fiiizzzz"...I nearly died. He then bought a new dremel and finished the job. I then bought the dremel off him. Heh heh.

BTW if you are getting sidemarkers installed, do NOT sit there and watch. You will cry as the drill goes into the body panel. Go grab a burger, watch some ****, SOMETHING.
Old 09-02-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Krepoort is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by cosmo
What size of a bulb is in those markers from tornactive? To those who have done the DIY, did you use the nibblers or how'd you make your holes?
Drilled a few holes to make enough room for the nibbler to get in then went to work with the nibbler. Its real easy to use and can make a surprisingly clean cut if you use it right.

-Kre