Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   side marker questions (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/111960-side-marker-questions.html)

cosmo 08-28-2003 11:42 PM

side marker questions

I was wondering if anyone has heard of a company called Cuzo, and if their products are any good and how far out would they sit? I am considering getting these side markers Cuzo for my Clover Green 2001 'Vic. Also, when drilling the holes for the back to go through (single hole mount) tape to protect the paint? Any other advise is welcome :).

Mr.Modify 08-28-2003 11:47 PM

Side Markers? mannnn don't do thatttttt.. your cutting it close to RICE!!!!

cosmo 08-28-2003 11:53 PM

no man, clear side markers and my cleared headlights, if the po-pos have anything to say like "they can't see that your turning because you have no amber" then I have the 'out' with side markers. Are factory Golfs rice?

civicvtec1ps 08-29-2003 12:01 AM

Originally posted by Mr.Modify
Side Markers? mannnn don't do thatttttt.. your cutting it close to RICE!!!!
what? side markers are rice?
you gotta be kidding me haha WHY would it be rice?

Mr.Modify 08-29-2003 12:11 AM

because it's like sticking a mini neon bar on the side of your car....I guess it also depends on where it is though!!!!!

xHoteKx 08-29-2003 12:35 AM

because it's like sticking a mini neon bar on the side of your car....I guess it also depends on where it is though!!!!!
:_doh:
you're dumb. sidemarkers are not just cosmetics.. its a safety feature too. so people in your blind spot will notice that you're turning.

also, you'd usually stick that on you're quarter panels. somewhere around 1" from the body line, and the door edge.

Mr.Modify 08-29-2003 12:54 AM

Originally posted by xHoteKx
you're dumb. sidemarkers are not just cosmetics.. its a safety feature too. so people in your blind spot will notice that you're turning.

also, you'd usually stick that on you're quarter panels. somewhere around 1" from the body line, and the door edge.

I'm pretty sure if your in someones blind spot most likely they could see your tail lights to!! :_doh: and dun say nothing like what if your tail light is out cause what if the side marker is out to!!!!! And if it was really needed then they would put it on most cars as a standard safety feature then!!!

OsOBooSTeD 08-29-2003 01:14 AM

And if it was really needed then they would put it on most cars as a standard safety feature then!!!
uhm last i checked 90 percent of quality cars have them.. and if u really knew ne thing ud know that they come standard on the ferio's in JAPAN.. so no its not rice cause its JDM.

Macko 08-29-2003 01:15 AM

Mr. Modify ...Um 7thgen Civic have Side Markers... Just not on USDM models.. so you saying overseas civics rice?

STOCK JDM Civic-----Stock Sidemarker= Stock Rice? No
http://www.honda.co.jp/CIVIC/top/image/image01f.jpg

CivicFerio 08-29-2003 01:46 AM

you're dumb. .

:clap: :_beer:

mos_skeeto 08-29-2003 01:49 AM

I give up on whats rice or not a long time ago. Sidemarkers are fine unless they're some kinda neon or super LOOK AT ME BECAUSE IM BRIGHT light. Thats just annoying and stupid.

Mr.Modify 08-29-2003 02:14 AM

Originally posted by Macko
Mr. Modify ...Um 7thgen Civic have Side Markers... Just not on USDM models.. so you saying overseas civics rice?

STOCK JDM Civic-----Stock Sidemarker= Stock Rice? No
http://www.honda.co.jp/CIVIC/top/image/image01f.jpg

Originally posted by OsOBooSTeD
uhm last i checked 90 percent of quality cars have them.. and if u really knew ne thing ud know that they come standard on the ferio's in JAPAN.. so no its not rice cause its JDM.

Both Of you said the same thing and guess what they don't come on standard in the US !!! 90% quality cars have em right...show me :D This ain't japan!!! ANd so i guess any sidemarker you throw on there is JDM then? :clap: Well damm lemme g obuy 2 from walmart so i can have JDM side markers!!! ANd besides that Civic is a Sedan ? Booooo show me a coupe with one?

OsOBooSTeD 08-29-2003 02:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Both Of you said the same thing and guess what they don't come on standard in the US !!! 90% quality cars have em right...show me :D This ain't japan!!! ANd so i guess any sidemarker you throw on there is JDM then? :clap: Well damm lemme g obuy 2 from walmart so i can have JDM side markers!!! ANd besides that Civic is a Sedan ? Booooo show me a coupe with one?
yea 90% quality cars? what i studder when i type? u must live in some hick town and not see cars that cost over 20 grand.. actualyl i take that back... all WV's have em and they are cheap cars.. not to mention, Mercedes', BMW's Audi's... and yea thats a sedan... THEY DONT MAKE THE COUPE IN JAPAN.. MAN U KNOW NOTHING.damn n00bies. :hithead:

what i can keep going but whats the point? u wanna know whats really rice? having a front lip on ur car and not having the rest of ur body kit installed.. now thats RICE...i wonder what look this guy was going for .. maybe turning the civic into a snow plow...

OsOBooSTeD 08-29-2003 02:48 AM

and one more thing.. DONT KNOCK SOMEONE CAUSE THEY WANNA DO SOMETHING TO THEIR CAR...IF you dont have ne thing nice to say then dont say anything WHAT THE F U C K DO YOU CARE? ITS NOT UR CAR.. YOU DONT HAVE TO DRIVE IT so shut the F U C K UP

OsOBooSTeD 08-29-2003 02:51 AM

Re: side marker questions

Originally posted by cosmo
I was wondering if anyone has heard of a company called Cuzo, and if their products are any good and how far out would they sit? I am considering getting these side markers Cuzo for my Clover Green 2001 'Vic. Also, when drilling the holes for the back to go through (single hole mount) tape to protect the paint? Any other advise is welcome :).

oh AND to help you out cause no one is helpin they're just discussin nonsense... those side markers are cool... not too big either.. the slk ones are nice i duno if youve seen them? they're kinda thin and long but really bright... the tape around the hole is used so that yea the paint doesnt chip or crack off.. some might ne way but the light itself should cover it up.. if you follow the DIY it should come out fine tho.

xHoteKx 08-29-2003 08:00 AM

Mr.Modify, you just got owned. i need a owned pic. someone post one

Krepoort 08-29-2003 09:35 AM

Mr.Modify, you just got owned. i need a owned pic. someone post one
Haha. Damn straight.

Those sidemarkers look pretty good. I personally like the little rubber piece on the back of it. As for the installation itself, these two DIYs are the ones I used when I put mine on.

01CivicEx's DIY

Mex's DIY

And I have some pics and tips on my semi-DIY

-Kre

Mr.Modify 08-29-2003 11:26 AM

yea 90% quality cars? what i studder when i type? u must live in some hick town and not see cars that cost over 20 grand.. actualyl i take that back... all WV's have em and they are cheap cars.. not to mention, Mercedes', BMW's Audi's... and yea thats a sedan... THEY DONT MAKE THE COUPE IN JAPAN.. MAN U KNOW NOTHING.damn n00bies. :hithead:

what i cant keep going but whats the point? u wanna know whats really rice? having a front lip on ur car and not having the rest of ur body kit installed.. now thats RICE...i wonder what look this guy was going for .. maybe turning the civic into a snow plow...

Hey Dude you don't gotta cry about it post whore.....geesh :rofl: touchy touchy :nono:
And about the front lip kit at least I"M NOT ALONE!!!When ya get one on your sedan then lemme know K :hgrin:

OsOBooSTeD 08-29-2003 12:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
oh shit when i get one on my car ahahahh thats what u said? here YOU JUST GOT OWNED AGAIN.. YOU NEED TO STFU...theres a pic... of my kaminari front and rear along with my One of a kind 4 door Tsunami sides.... man you really need to stop talking about shit you no nothing about.... :_doh:

OsOBooSTeD 08-29-2003 12:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:clap:

Mr.Modify 08-29-2003 12:18 PM

OooooOo i got owned again! *shrugs* blah blah blah owned by what...................

streetglower 08-29-2003 12:25 PM

man go ahead and get sidemarkers if you like them, I personally like them. I have only heard of cuzo lighting, and from past expeirence, they are really good lighting. Find some better side markers that are of higher quality though, but go ahead and do it.

xHoteKx 08-29-2003 12:29 PM

oh shit when i get one on my car ahahahh thats what u said? here YOU JUST GOT OWNED AGAIN.. YOU NEED TO STFU...theres a pic... of my kaminari front and rear along with my One of a kind 4 door Tsunami sides.... man you really need to stop talking about shit you no nothing about.... :_doh:

bwahahaha! :rofl:

http://home.comcast.net/~hotek/owned-timberlake.jpg

cosmo 08-29-2003 02:20 PM

Ya thanks for the help. I'm looking for a clear lens chrome style marker, like that one that I posted the picture of. Any other ones that you have seen that are nice like that, sould you mind putting up a link? I want to see all my options before I jump into something.

Krepoort 08-29-2003 03:18 PM

I got mine off Tornactive. Its the 2nd one in the list.

http://www.tornactive.com/cat_hondaacura.cfm

Oh..and nice pic Hotek. :rofl:

-Kre

hothondacivic02 08-29-2003 03:48 PM

Ok the ones ones inthe pic are goodlooking i have side markers that look just like that and they work well i got mine from a friends shop but i believe you can order the JDM side markers from hondawerx or you local honda dealer has side arker options also , The SLK ones are prob my first choive they look nice and are bright also i didnt tape my paint when i drilled im not saying not to but if you dont just be carefull.

TeLLy 08-29-2003 03:55 PM

I got mine from tornactive...they're like the only clear ones offered in their Honda sidemarker section - the j-spec ones...they look like the ones offered on the Canadian SiR's:

http://www.7thgencivic.com/memberrid...t_Pic.jpg?8433

MagicRacing18 08-29-2003 04:42 PM

Man oh man. I search sidemarkers becuase I am looking to buy some and I come accross this.. CLASSIC. :) and I agree that side markers ARE NOT RICE! And damn Tomo, you found that pic quick seeing how that just happened last night! lol

~nick~

cosmo 08-29-2003 06:52 PM

What size of a bulb is in those markers from tornactive? To those who have done the DIY, did you use the nibblers or how'd you make your holes?

civicvtec1ps 08-29-2003 07:18 PM

http://home.comcast.net/~hotek/owned-timberlake.jpg
omg thats good "owned" picture
LOL
stock ep3 SI sidemarkers are awesome. uses 194/164 bulb
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...3/fc0f79d2.jpg